Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
Yeah I'm from the Amalur boards and I found it (as well as many others) was to easy on "hard". I'm waiting for the difficulty patch then il try again. DKS was just a time filler until KOA patch hit. Wow was I wrong.. Every rpg I play now will be compared to DKS & filling my time until Divinity 3 hits. If ever.....

veteran
veteran
O yes laugh !
DKS is my favorite Xbox game, all the way.
All the others are some kind of "time fillers" until Divinity III is coming on the shelf and I buy it immediately !

And Divinity III WILL come, I'm sure !! And if not, there is also Dragon Commander on the radar, keep that in mind I suggest everyone here !! Dragon Commander will be a great mix of strategy elements with turn based combat as well as real time combat & RPG elements ... and as many of us know: Tons, really many tons, of funny humour & beautiful fantastic detals that make a Divinity game so special !! claphands

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
Support
Support

Lar mentioned in one of his blog posts that Project E (aka Divinity 3) will have been officially announced by the end of this year, so a 2013 release seems likely.

C
apprentice
apprentice
C
@memphis

If you haven’t played it already try Drakan Ancient Gates. Skill tree is very limited compared to DKS but the combat is not bad. But flying the dragon is just as flawless and this world is huge. The caves are very very deep. Merchants are funny. It’s a beautiful game.

Might be too easy though if you like nightmare mode on your first try. I was getting killed in the fjords on nightmare. Had to change my skills to summon a demon for backup. Demon is cool. Melee ally that raises havoc on the blackring.

Guess I’m not a hardcore player. All that jumping and dodging makes me dizzy. Having trouble with Dark Souls too. Hard mode is my favorite setting on DKS.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by ChrisHLD
All that jumping and dodging makes me dizzy. Having trouble with Dark Souls too.

Playing a Priest is for me the most relaxing playstyle. If you don't like dodging and jumping all the time, make yourself a Priest build and watch the battles whilst your allies do the 'dirthy' work for you wink

Yeah, Dark Souls, I've many trouble with that game too and I wait with it ... if I'm ready with DKS & Skyrim & Amalur & ... so if I "ever" have time for that game ... ? :hihi:

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
M
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
I wouldn't say I'm a great player.. I just feel guilty if I beat a game easily. Im weird like that lol. Games have to be on hardest settings .. It started so great RPGs would keep me playing longer, learning enemy patterns etc.
Dark Souls I wouldn't level past 30 as again felt I was cheating even though I wasn't lol.

What's Drakan Ancient Gates Chris? Is it for 360? Never heard of it, but will give it a try if you reccomend it.

I'm playing Fjords now, went in at level 19 (still on nightnare) but enemies seem to be getting less Chalkenging. I've only battled goblins (level 21 etc) but I did everything possible before I came here.
My question is .. Should I be levelling so quick? I can level up in a dungeon around here.. I'm now level 23.. I have 5/5 in wisdom passive skill. But that's only + 10% is this enough to make me level so quickly? Does it gradually slow down?

I'm in an abandoned mine, just after lowing those invisible walls, even mines are so brilliantly done its a pleasure to play. I had to jump up and around moving platforms to spawn a chest at bottom that game some purple loot smile

M
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
I tried without my creature which I have good gear and without my summoned demon.. Yep still incredibly hard lol. Without those two I probably wouldn't get past most mobs.

veteran
veteran
I like it to level up as slow as possibly, but in fact, being a lower level further into the game (and main quest) give even more XP for killing, so ...
Teh Priest build is still a challenging battle ! If a Black Ring Battle Mage with a warhammer doing a rush attack on me he can kill me very fast if I'm no alert enough ! Sometimes I haven't the time to use Blind or Charm ... because his attack is so fast !

But I never take the extra XP reward by quests and I don't invest in the Wisdom skill, don't invest in the Mindreading skill (to lower or even stop the XP depts) and don't make use of the respawing enemies in Keara's Fortress ...
For me no need to level up as fast (or high) as possible in a RPG. wink

M
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
Ahhhh! Your right Joram I have been getting huge extra xp on quests as well as xp on the quest already. I mind read everything so that takes away xp.
I thought because I was getting killed a lot, levelling up would be beneficial.. Maybe not.. I haven't come across any black ring (except two in cabin) for a while so they'd probably kick my ass.

Support
Support

Levelling is fairly quick at the start of the fjords, even without using Wisdom or turning in quests. I entered early and went from level 13 to 16 just clearing down the mountain path to the bottom (getting a 50% experience bonus for being 3 or more levels below my opponents). After finishing off Maxos Temple (where I got to level 17) I returned to finish off what could be reached before heading to Sentinel Island (between the fjords and turning in quests I got to level 22, so the first mindread on the island brought me to level 23).

The levelling rate does slow down (the experience required to reach a level is proportional to the cube of the level), though you can level quickly clearing the flying fortresses, as well (not as quickly as the start of the fjords).

Drakan: The Ancients' Gates is a PS2 game, sequel to the PC game Drakan: Order of the Flame.

C
apprentice
apprentice
C
Yes Drakan is a PS2 game. I keep forgetting when I recommend it many may not have one anymore. Not worth getting a PS2 for. But it's a huge game. Plenty of room to fly a dragon and many secret spots. Caves are so deep I actually got lost in a couple. Caves would have forks leading to different areas.

When I first played DKS I use to worry about wisdom and mindreading also. But later in the game you'll find areas where the enemies respawn and still give XP. There's not too many but enough to where wisdom/mindreading was less important to me.

Originally Posted by Joram
I like it to level up as slow as possibly, but in fact, being a lower level further into the game (and main quest) give even more XP for killing, so ...
Teh Priest build is still a challenging battle ! If a Black Ring Battle Mage with a warhammer doing a rush attack on me he can kill me very fast if I'm no alert enough ! Sometimes I haven't the time to use Blind or Charm ... because his attack is so fast !

Yes I noticed in nightmare mode I was getting rushed attacked and knocked around more often.

Last edited by ChrisHLD; 14/03/12 01:20 AM.
M
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
I thought id just ask on this thread instead of creating a new one wink

--------------spoilers---------------------------

So.......... Im in Orobas Fjords. Loads to do and find. Im Level 27. I have done 3/4 things for entering the Hall of Echos. I have been to the little harbour, the small Slayers base where I helped a prisoner but cant do anything else. I have done all quests in the little village where there is a well. I havent been in any of the 3 fortress's, back to Broken Valley either. I have been to the city (Aleroth) where they are being over run and I have to help the Wiazard in the keep.

Which zone should I go to first, I want to go lowest level areas first smile. 1 of 3 Flying Fortress's, Broken Valley (return) or im hoping there is a big village im missing with lots of quests.. i miss Broken Valley before all the poison mist. I hope I get to go there again.

While writing this I flew my dragon for 10 seconds and have just passed a castle in Orobas Fjords.. Up on some hills.. going to go investigate. This is why Divinity 2 could quite possibly be the BEST rpg I have ever played.. You can miss so many things, exploring is brilliant in this game smile.. Dragon Cliff Castle is the name of it.

Last edited by memphis12; 15/03/12 10:51 PM.
Support
Support

There are a couple low areas to the east and west just as you enter the channel south of the harbour and slayer camp (at the edge of the anti-dragon shield). If you keep going south there is a cave on the left, near a crashed zeppelin in the water.

There are a couple caves near the start of the fjords (one left of the bunker, another near the source of the waterfall across from the grand knight teleporter shrine) and further in.

Did you finish off the well cave in High Hall? At least on nightmare I found clearing the final section quite challenging on level 34, though on level 25 I could have just killed the boss and left (I reloaded instead, to see if a higher level would let me take out everyone).

Stone's flying fortress is the easiest (teleporter on the north east end of the island across from the dragon cliff castle), followed by Raze (mountain across from the harbour), Broken Valley, Keara and then Kali (Rivertown Gorge).

There is no rush on helping Zandalor; the quest there doesn't need to be done until you are ready to head to the Hall of Echoes (though you may be a high enough level it wouldn't be too difficult).

You are past some of this already, but: next lvling area to go to.

veteran
veteran
I would suggest to first start some ground combat (and if you wish dragon combat too) in Stone's and Raze's Flying Fortress .

I creared the Ministry (helping Zandalor) at level 28 and to my great suprize it was never so fast done as before, never so easy with my Priest build using Creature (fighter L9) and Summon Demon L6 and Summon Mastery L3 (+ 2 from Laiken's Sword) ... even on nightmare !

If you like trading ? ...
... go for the Ministry battle and after that, Mindread Deodatus and you've just another trader ! wink

M
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
Hey guys.
Thanks for quick replies

I did finish the well completely at level 25 on nightmare. Without my summoned demon & creature it would have been impossible. Hardest fight do far was the dragon at the end! I had to take out the two nests then take him, but it was that hard I just fired one fire bolt then flew through entrance which teleported me up to top and repeated. I didn't kill the last 4 spawned dragons so I don't know if I missed anything on floor?

Am I far into game? Is hall of echos final bit? There seems to be locked doors everywhere that I haven't been in..

I do enjoy the dragon fights but I much prefer the ground battles. But I got wiped out by lvl 28 archers on one of the flying fortresses frown

Cleared that ministry a while ago Juram and did mind read that guy but his gear was for level 30+ lol. There are some locked doors in that city that I can't open yet though 0.o

Last edited by memphis12; 16/03/12 08:39 AM.
veteran
veteran
Those locked doors in Aleroth city is normal ... you can get in there after the start of Flames of Vengeance ... that seemless start after finishing the end battle of Ego Draconis part wink

The Hall of Echoes is, warning!, a point of NO return ! So be sure you solved all quests etc you wish to do and doing all battles in FF, Orobas Fjords and so on ! After Hall of Echoes FoV part starts without delay wink

If you've problems with the L28 archers ... me too, but after changing form Ranger Priest to a more full Priest style give me more time en room to survive !
For example :
using Hide in Shadows after summon my Ghost & Creature (fighter) ... I run to an archer and Blind or even better Charm him ! It makes a big difference for the outcome of each battle ! Adn if your Charm is higher (L3 or 4 I believe) you can Charm 2 enemies at once !

C
apprentice
apprentice
C
Originally Posted by memphis12
Am I far into game? Is hall of echos final bit?

After the hall of echos I would say you're 2/3rds done. Something like that. FOV is fun. I like to listen to the conversations.

M
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
Originally Posted by ChrisHLD
Originally Posted by memphis12
Am I far into game? Is hall of echos final bit?

After the hall of echos I would say you're 2/3rds done. Something like that. FOV is fun. I like to listen to the conversations.

2/3 of the full game, or I'm assuming you mean including the expansion. ...

M
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
Bounty Hunter achievement. "bring justice to all of revillons most wanted criminals" I got all of the bounties in the Broken Valley but didn't get the achievement .. Is there someone else that will give me more criminals to kill?

Also, there was a fort that said "your not powerfull enough yet" in broken valley. I went in anyway and killed the black ring there. But now I'm assuming I can't return and find out what's behind that locked door? Expansion again of will it be on my next playthrough? The fortune teller achievment seems the same.. I had to be dragon but as soon as im a dragon everyone in Broken Valley dies.

Last edited by memphis12; 16/03/12 11:43 AM.
veteran
veteran
for the Bounty hunter Achievement, sorry I don't know ... I'm not a Achievement-collector .. maybe that kind of collectors-virus didn't find it's way to me ... :hihi:

About the Torture Teller :
have you really done everything so that the last time you speak her (the Torture Teller) she start to run off in panic ?

That Fort in Broken Valley : you mean the Mine Quarter (nearby the Quarter Scrine) ?
After taking over the Battle Tower you can fly back to poisonous Broken Valley and go in the Mine Quarter Tower to meet 'William' en fight Black Rings around Level 28 !
Before Broken Valley is poisonous you can go through the gate and fight some L10/12 enemies, but you can't go IN the Mine Tower *. So you can neglet that warning and see if you can handle those victimes, otherwise turn back your steps and go come back later, but before BV is ful of poisonous gaz! wink
* at least in DKS version, in the Ego Draconis version - at the time DKS and FoV didn't even excist for purcase - you CAN go into the tower, but it was too dangerous!)

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard