Next Thread
Print Thread
#455066 02/05/12 07:24 PM
D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Hi, I recently started playing DD again, and I had just left Aleroth after completing all the quests there when I noticed my reputation was -1.

I was expecting to have 4 at this point in the game. +2 Rep for the healing gems, and +2 for saving Mardaneus.

So I was wondering if this is supposed to happen, or if there is sort of way to change the reputation value. (Trainer, save editor, etc.)

Thanks for any replies.

Support
Support

Did you kill any NPCs that were not hostile (like the friendly orcs in the catacombs) or get caught stealing?

When you use a statuette there is a brief delay before alignments change, so if you turn back into a human and immediately attack a normally hostile creature, they may still be friendly.

reputation decreased because of orc

There is a way to edit the displayed reputation value, but nobody has discovered exactly where the actual value is stored. I looked some time ago, but was unsuccessful... if my vague recollection is correct I may have determined the reputation is stored in the story.* files (which don't have any readable headers to help narrow down where things are, and when they are updated there is usually a lot of stuff added, deleted and/or changed).

D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Originally Posted by Raze
When you use a statuette there is a brief delay before alignments change, so if you turn back into a human and immediately attack a normally hostile creature, they may still be friendly.

Ah, that's exactly what I did. I attacked an orc the second I transformed, and he reacted as if he had been friendly, and was now hostile.

Thank you very much for the help, I guess I'll have to reload to the latest save before that happened.

Support
Support

As long as NPCs will still talk and trade with you a low reputation doesn't matter (any merchants you trade with a lot will have a maxed opinion of you regardless of your base reputation, and no quests, etc, require a certain value).
If the save before then is recent, though, you might as well reload (ie if you wouldn't loose a lot of time or great loot). Guards treat you better with a higher reputation (not sure if it effects other dialogs very much), and it helps a bit with prices.

D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Actually, it turns out my save isn't that recent, so if it doesn't matter very much I'll probably just leave it.

Thanks again, Raze.

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard