Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Corylea Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I love RPG's and have been playing them for decades. I play a lot of single-player games, but I've also been looking for an RPG to play in co-op mode with my husband. Somebody on the Witcher forum told me about Original Sin today, and it looks like EXACTLY what I've been wanting.

I've been obsessed with The Witcher since 2008 (not that I haven't played anything else since then, you understand, just that it's been my main love), but if Original Sin lives up to its promise, it may have to make room in my affections for another obsession. think

Middle-aged woman learns to make computer games. Film at 11.

I've made a bunch of mods for The Witcher ; you can find most of them at The Witcher Nexus.
Support
Support

There can be only one. rpg003
No, wait, that's something else...

Welcome to the forum. wave

Corylea Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by Raze

There can be only one. rpg003
No, wait, that's something else...

*chuckle*

Welcome to the forum. wave

Thank you! I'm a regular on the Witcher forum (boy, am I a regular opa ), so it felt a little strange to make my first post on a new forum. I appreciate your easing the way with a welcome.

I've made a bunch of mods for The Witcher ; you can find most of them at The Witcher Nexus.
journeyman
journeyman
Hey Corylea wave , It's great that you found out about the game, because Larian takes similar [to CD-PROJEKT RED] approach to their games. Both the Witcher and Divinity Original Sin are dedicated to "mature rpg audience" and are packed with intelligent humour.

CD-Projekt will actually publish Divinity: Original Sin in Europe, so both companies cooperate with each other and should be heavily supported by us old farts smile

PS. You are very well known in the Witcher community and your name rings a bell instantly smile

PS2. I forgot to add that your Witcher mods are very popular and I hope to see your Divinity mods in the future as well cheer

Last edited by Estrogen; 17/08/12 11:25 AM.
old hand
old hand
I don't really think Divinity: Original Sin is aimed at a "mature RPG audience" and I don't think the series has ever been so. It's not like the series handles mature and controversial topics. It's certainly going to be a game where you have to use your mind for combat though and where the dialogue will be intelligent but that doesn't really equal mature does it?

Then again maybe Original Sin and DC will be different from the previous games. The blog of Lar says that Dragon Commander will be tackling topics such as politics, religion, sexuality and abortion so who knows?

Last edited by Demonic; 17/08/12 05:58 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Demonic
I don't really think Divinity: Original Sin is aimed at a "mature RPG audience"

Ok, maybe I oversized a bit when it comes to the maturity and Original Sin [although this is true to the Witcher series].

But I wanted to say that both Larian and CDP RED don't compromise their games to appeal to the masses. They ignore the godawful "modern" gaming trends like countless DLC's, "action" & "explosions" instead of tactics & RPG, they don't force intrusive genderism and cultural marxism like Bioware does.

For now they are completely independent companies who target "hardcore audience" and they have my support for that.

Last edited by Estrogen; 17/08/12 07:02 PM.
Corylea Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by Estrogen
Both the Witcher and Divinity Original Sin are dedicated to "mature rpg audience" and are packed with intelligent humour.

That's good to hear! Though since Divinity Original Sin isn't out yet, I'm not sure how you know how intelligent the humor is. Are you a beta tester or something? Or just hopeful? wink

CD-Projekt will actually publish Divinity: Original Sin in Europe, so both companies cooperate with each other and should be heavily supported by us old farts smile

I didn't know that; that's cool. And yes, I love supporting companies that make GOOD games.

PS. You are very well known in the Witcher community and your name rings a bell instantly smile

Aw, thanks for saying that. It's nice to know that I have a few acquaintances on this forum.

PS2. I forgot to add that your Witcher mods are very popular and I hope to see your Divinity mods in the future as well cheer

I'm working on a stand-alone game of my own, so I don't expect to mod Original Sin. Then again, I never expected to mod The Witcher, so never say never! wink

enthusiast
enthusiast
Oh I can vouch for the level of mature themes in the Divinity universe.

I can still remember being stunned after I accidentaly slept with a male NPC in Divine Divinity...

And it costed money too!

Look it stands to reason...You can't eat 'cos you don't have a stomach!

Link Copied to Clipboard