Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#457970 27/09/12 03:30 AM
OP Offline
I have the original Divinity II game. If I purchase the add on Flames of Vengence.... Would my game become The Dragon Knight Saga or goes DKS contain aditional gameplay??

"He Who Lives By The Sword Shall Also Perish By The Sword."
LordFess #457972 27/09/12 04:08 AM
Support
Support

There are differences between having D2:ED + FoV and DKS. Any changes made in DKS (like changes to they flying fortresses, enemy placement, quest experience to make leveling faster at the start of the game, etc) which would break save compatibility were not included in FoV, though some graphical improvements, etc, will be applied to the D2:ED section. There were no quests or areas added in the D2:ED section of DKS, but additional sets and unique equipment were added, and changes to enchantments (also used by the random item generator) and some of the skills effect gameplay.

There is a (large) conversion patch which will update D2:ED + FoV to be the same as DKS, though any existing D2:ED saves would not be compatible after it is installed.

Unless you really want to continue with the same character, rather than re-create a level 35 character at the start of FoV, it may be cheaper and easier to get DKS rather than FoV (especially with the occasional Steam or US Amazon sale).

Next month there will be a Divinity Anthology released (see Gamescom 2012), containing Divine Divinity, Beyond Divinity and Dragon Knight Saga.

Raze #459724 11/12/12 02:35 AM
OP Offline
Is the Developer's Cute Edition the following: D2:Ed+FoV+DKS on steroids ???

LordFess #459725 11/12/12 02:48 AM
Support
Support

The Developer's Cut is DKS with an optional Developer Mode cheat menu.

Raze #459726 11/12/12 03:02 AM
OP Offline
Thanks Raze! BTW how do i set up a Vault account?

LordFess #459727 11/12/12 03:17 AM
Support
Support

The first time you purchase something from the Vault an account will be set up. A password is emailed to the address you supply after adding something to the card and hitting Checkout. Currently there is no way to create an account first.

Raze #459728 11/12/12 03:24 AM
OP Offline
Ok thanks again...I figured it out... hehe

LordFess #459729 11/12/12 04:50 AM
V
stranger
stranger
V
Ok, so, along the lines of this question. I recently started playing the original (I think) Divinity II: Ego Draconis on XBOX360. I'm really liking it so far. I've read there are a lot of improvements to the DKS release on XBOX, many comments saying things like "this is what the game should have been like from the start". I'm not terribly far into the game, should I pick up DKS and play that version instead or is there really much difference? I'd hate to sink 50+ hours into a game and then wish I had played the better version. Is the FoV DLC available for the xbox version of the game? Thank in advance!

vciad #459730 11/12/12 05:28 AM
Support
Support

FoV is only available as part of DKS on the Xbox. It was originally intended to be made available as DLC, but ended up being too large for that, and Larian couldn't get a publisher for a disk release (only the German PC version of FoV got a retail release).

That should decide the question of switching to DKS, though you could finish off D2:ED and then play through FoV with a new character in DKS (in DKS you can start with D2:ED and play through to the end, or create a level 35 character at the beginning of FoV). As for the differences, there were a lot of generally small changes that added up to better to much better experience overall.

I played the Xbox version of D2:ED when it was released, and then got DKS when it was released, playing from the beginning with a different character build. If FoV had been available as DLC I may have just gotten that, but it worked out better getting DKS, anyway (for the changes as well as an included art book and soundtrack CD, which may no longer be available with new purchases, at a price not much more than DLC would have been).

Raze #459732 11/12/12 06:13 AM
V
stranger
stranger
V
Thanks again Raze! I just found that you can get a demo for each of them on LIVE. So I downloaded DKS and have been playing it tonight. Seems like they've removed the aiming mechanic (left trigger) from ED and the colors seem more saturated. The menus look a lot better on DKS(more color and you can tell which upgrades are currently unavailable much easier). Seems like perhaps the XP per level has gone down a bit? I think I'll stick with ED for now.

vciad #459736 11/12/12 08:14 AM
Support
Support

The left trigger still engages Target Lock, but doesn't move the camera to an almost over the shoulder view, as in D2:ED. I prefer the closer camera view in DKS, though there were a couple times I would have liked to zoom out a bit (and times in D2:ED I would have liked to zoom in without using Target Lock).

The experience required to level is the same, but quest experience was changed in DKS to make levelling a little faster at the start of the game. In D2:ED with a warrior I got access to the full Broken Valley on level 6 (after doing everything I could), and a couple of the opponents in the dragon sequence brought me up to level 7; In DKS I got to level 7 just after the dragon sequence, but with lots of quests left to turn in. Opponents in a couple other places were also changed and the experience increased to help with difficulty spikes, though the main one people had trouble with was getting access to the rest of Broken Valley (straight ahead to the obvious location was not the easiest path).

LordFess #459751 11/12/12 03:06 PM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by LordFess
Is the Developer's Cute Edition

[Linked Image]

This made me chuckle.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard