Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
veteran
veteran
The only thing I really hope is that the world is "open" and not in acts (like BD) and not like the Wastelands (in DD) with a point of no return !!

Open world and it's up to the player to experience if a area is surviveble (depends how strong enemies are, etc), old school rpg all the way !

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
veteran
veteran
That depends a lot on the kind of story Larian wants to tell, and how serious the consequences are.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Joram
The only thing I really hope is that the world is "open" and not in acts (like BD) and not like the Wastelands (in DD) with a point of no return !!

Open world and it's up to the player to experience if a area is surviveble (depends how strong enemies are, etc), old school rpg all the way !

Definitely not the only thing, see what I said earlier, but yes, that'd be very important. And no level scaling, so fully open but definitely not about equally challenging at any moment, dragons are dragons, hard to kill, hit like a ton of bricks, even if the player's level 5 and goblins are goblins, few HP and poke you with toothpicks, even if player's level 50.

Last edited by Cavalary; 14/12/12 03:59 PM.

"We're all humans." Let's try to be more!
"The chief obstacle to the progress of the human race is the human race."
"If you're falling off a cliff you may as well try to fly, you've got nothing to lose."
N
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
N
Exactly what I would love! It would be awesome if the game features a massive open world for you to explore. However, I doubt that. It would be a nice surprise though! =)

A
veteran
veteran
A
Are we talking about "game size" in terms of hard disk space,
or are we talking about "game size" in terms of play time ?

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
veteran
veteran
Playability/area of playability/level design wise.

A
veteran
veteran
A
Aha, okay.
With "size" I only can imagine disc space.

--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
stranger
stranger
I really like the way Divinity 2 did it. It's actually a relatively small game space, but they filled it up with alot of content. There is pretty much no wasted space, it's all used for something. Lots of hidden doors, hidden keys, people in secluded places. To me, it's more fun to explore a world like that, compared to something like Skyrim which has way more content but doesn't use it as wisely.

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Originally Posted by Salem30
I really like the way Divinity 2 did it. It's actually a relatively small game space, but they filled it up with alot of content. There is pretty much no wasted space, it's all used for something. Lots of hidden doors, hidden keys, people in secluded places. To me, it's more fun to explore a world like that, compared to something like Skyrim which has way more content but doesn't use it as wisely.

Spot on there!

N
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
N
I feel that Skyrim was perfect with the amount of content to space ratio. I like having some room to get immersed into without constantly having to be in action. Skyrim gave you that little breathing room between points of interest, but just enough that it didn't feel like a wasted space. You would literally move for a few minutes from one point on interest to another, it was really good and allowed you to slow down and take in some of that great view. This is how I would like the content in the world to be like.

Divinity 2: Eco Draconis was a masterpiece of a game, providing amazing freedom of movement and constant fun. However, I enjoyed the atmosphere of the world of Skyrim more so than Divinity 2. Divinity 2 felt kind of restrictive in size, while Skyrim really made me feel like I was in a world, albeit, a small one.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Nightblaze1
I feel that Skyrim was perfect with the amount of content to space ratio. I like having some room to get immersed into without constantly having to be in action. Skyrim gave you that little breathing room between points of interest, but just enough that it didn't feel like a wasted space. You would literally move for a few minutes from one point on interest to another, it was really good and allowed you to slow down and take in some of that great view. This is how I would like the content in the world to be like.

Divinity 2: Eco Draconis was a masterpiece of a game, providing amazing freedom of movement and constant fun. However, I enjoyed the atmosphere of the world of Skyrim more so than Divinity 2. Divinity 2 felt kind of restrictive in size, while Skyrim really made me feel like I was in a world, albeit, a small one.

[Linked Image]

Look it stands to reason...You can't eat 'cos you don't have a stomach!
A
veteran
veteran
A
I'm currently happily playing SWTOR smile and especilly Taris feels as being HUGE ! (I'm not much further than that, though.)

I haven't played any of the Elder Scrolls games yet, so I can't judge.

I believe, however, that for some people a smallr world is sufficient, whereas other people want rather a bigger world.

And then : Let's not forget the aspect of Detail ! : A richly detailed environment where there are always new things to discover are - at least in my personl opinion - alw<ys a great thing !
The bad side of this is, that the bigger an environment is, the mire difficult it is to place all of these little, neat detals into this world ...

--Dilbert cartoon

veteran
veteran
Rod Lightning

>preferring manually crafted (with love and care) gameworld to script-generated, monotonous waste of space
>in 2012 2013

[Linked Image]

Step up, all cool kids love TES.

old hand
old hand
While it is true that a very good 10 hour game is better than a shitty 100 hour game; I much rather have a very good 100 hour game than a very good 10 hour game smile
-
Anyways while past is not an indication of future; I have very high hopes that this game will excell. I hope they release it soon smile

Support
Support

The last release estimate we got was possibly Q2, probably by Q3.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I'm guestmating it'll be out around May/June. I'm not sure if they're aiming to release both Dragon Commander and Original Sin around the same time but ehh...Since they did a pretty big overhaul on Dragon Commander gameplay, (going from purely air to land, air and naval combat) we might see that one a few months later? Gives us time to discovere as many easter eggs as possible in OS I guess wink

Look it stands to reason...You can't eat 'cos you don't have a stomach!
veteran
veteran
No need for rushing in time ... I want Divnity: Original Sin full of Tons of Humour !!

But I know it's an enormous work to put all that "weight of funny things" into the game world with only a Spoon !! Signed,
Hermit

Good luck L(ibr)arians making D:OS !! wink

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
veteran
veteran
I seriously can't imagine that Original Sin will come out before late fall 2013. The reason I think that is because of all the requests for feedback they've put up in the past two months:

Does money have weight
Limited Inventory Space
Walking Tank vs Armoured Bikini
Auto-assigning stat points
Primary Stats
Weapon Types?
Open World or Linear?

These are not questions you ask when you have a nearly-finished game - ESPECIALLY the "open world" one. If the game were really coming out in May/June, all this would have to be set in stone by now. They wouldn't still be adding extra attributes, there's no time to change things.

Support
Support

Originally Posted by Stabbey
These are not questions you ask when you have a nearly-finished game

At least with the open world question they must be past the design stage. There may be changes or tweaks they may be able to make in response to feedback, though, or they may just want to get an idea of what people want or expect for the game.

The May/June estimate was for Dragon Commander.

veteran
veteran
I seriously can't imagine that Original Sin will come out before late fall 2013.

Same here, Pretty sure it will be fall-late fall/late q3.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard