Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
stranger
stranger
I wouldn't ever use it myself, but as long as it is optional I don't see a problem with it. More options for those who like them are always a good thing.

Kickstarter memories - The Wierd
*Amanda Restless Weresheep of Sin* laugh
old hand
old hand
It is a bad idea, the last thing we need is another game to automatically distribute stats. Most MMO's do that crap now.

Auto level would be good for the easy mode only. From "normal" and harder it should be up to the player to make such a decision. On the easy mode, there can be an option to auto distribute stats for a specific class. Even then, I personally wouldn't have it if I ever made a game (which is unlikely).

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
stranger
stranger
I'd rather assign them myself

stranger
stranger
I have never used such buttons, and probably never will. It's more rewarding assigning the points manually, even if what you choose is sub-optimal. Unless game mechanics are overcomplicated and you don't have a clue of which stat affects what (which imho is bad design and a whole other topic completely), I don't see the need for an autolevel button.

journeyman
journeyman
I wouldn't use it myself, but I'm sure some people would. It doesn't bother me.

veteran
veteran
No I do do not. I wouldn't even consider using it.

stranger
stranger
I always assign stat points for my main character(s) myself. However, I do sometimes use auto-assigning features to assign points for my henchmen so as to see how the their creators envisioned those characters being developed, regardless of whether those builds are sub-optimal.

stranger
stranger
no. well, I most likely would hit yes just to see where IT would place my stats. nothing more than just for curiosity.

The Old Timer's Guild
Kickstarter supporter: The Box Collector+Weresheep support
Rarely. Virtually never for my PC and a bit more often for NPC's (like in NWN) where they are already tailored a bit for a particular build.

I prolly would never use it, but it doesn't hurt to have the option. Though I do want to see what the effects would be on the character (gained health/magic/...)
And if it where to be available, perhaps you could be asked fist what kind of build your aiming for (tank/mage/rogue/....) just to have some control in the way the character would evolve.

/edit
way to many pages to read all.

Last edited by Dexyd; 29/04/13 01:08 PM.

Join the Weresheep of Original Sin Facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/WeresheepOfOriginalSin
stranger
stranger
No, never!

I click it sometimes just to see what it does if I can, but I always cancel it afterwards as the game picks the complete opposite of what I want. :p

Weresheep Wool Shirt of DOOM!!!
journeyman
journeyman
No, because most of that is too stupid.
Instead, there could be sort of suggestions that offer to players.
Ie. Based on what he/she currently is equipped or have in inventory, the level up tip/info window can show that assign point to these stats will help you say:
1. gain better damage output for your weapon/spell
2. be able to wear new armor/use new weapon
3. faster to unlock next set of skills
4. inform about new passive skills that already available but not assigned.

And let player to decide.
Also, for those who wish not to think too much, a "defenssive<->offenssive" slider that guess what to do could be nice.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard