Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
T
I am somehow missing this achievement. (I have every other achievement). I have the DKS Developer's Cut from GOG.

I am guessing I was supposed to get it when I finished ego draconis (unless there was a secret evil ending to FoV).
I actually finished it a couple of times. First time it failed to show the cut-scenes, then two more times to see the various choices. At no point did it award me that achievement.

Last edited by taltamir; 13/01/13 08:36 AM.

I do not have a superman complex; for I am God, not Superman!
Support
Support

Is that achievement listed in the game, or did you find it online (ie Dragon Knight Saga Achievements)?

At least checking with the Xbox version of DKS (where I got all 50 achievements, for 1000 points), there is no such achievement, but there is a 'Dragon Knight' achievement for finishing the game (as there was with D2:ED); all the other achievements match the online list. I suppose there could have been achievement changes between DKS and D2:DC, or PC vs Xbox differences, though the name and description of the achievement don't really match (what would training a pet have to do with resurrecting Ygerna?).
Ygerna makes a comment about you being a pet in the cutscene with Damian, but that wouldn't really be your achievement.

T
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
T
I got the GOG version of the "DKS Developer's Cut"
In the game I have unlocked all achievements except for 1 "secret achievement"

I went through the list on:
http://divinity.wikia.com/wiki/Achievements

Until I found an achievement I did not have and figured that was the one. That one achievement is "I trained a pet".

(what would training a pet have to do with resurrecting Ygerna?).

Ygerna explains she arranged her own resurrection by training a pet, you the dragon knight are her pet. She uses those EXACT words and the description of "I trained a pet" says "resurrect ygerna"... seems pretty straight forward to me.

I do however have the "dragon knight" achievement. and in fact looking around there might be a few other different achievements. For example I do not seem to have "Adrift" as well.
Do you know of a correct list of all achievements for the PC D2:DC version? That way I could go through it and find out which achievement I am actually missing

Last edited by taltamir; 13/01/13 06:41 PM.

Support
Support

I also have the Developer's Cut version from GOG, but have not played through the PC version yet, so couldn't check the achievements there. I don't know of any achievement lists specifically updated / confirmed for D2:DC (the wiki also lacks the Dragon Knight achievement for DKS, so it may have just been copied from the Xbox list, which incorrectly has 'I trained a pet' instead).

I know Ygerna calls you a pet, but training a pet is her achievement, not yours, so unless the name of that achievement is in quotes, it doesn't really fit the description, IMNSHO.

For example I do not seem to have "Adrift" as well.

Did you find the raft outside on Sentinel Island (hung up on some rocks, away from the island, in the direction of the fjords) and read the diary there (after you took over the battle tower)?

T
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
T
I know Ygerna calls you a pet

http://youtu.be/A1bVjkeSkrE?t=10m15s
Watch it from 10m15s for about 20 seconds.

but training a pet is her achievement, not yours

Yea, but so what? it's funnier put this way.

The achievement called "I trained a pet" explicitly states that in order to get it you must "resurrect ygerna". It's obviously referring to her dialog when coming back to life.

Did you find the raft outside on Sentinel Island

No... took a little time and some looking online but I got it now, that is a BS achievement though... Anyways I now have all achievements.

Last edited by taltamir; 13/01/13 11:33 PM.

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard