Next Thread
Print Thread
E
EdLin Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
E
I ordered the Dragon Knight Saga from Newegg.com for Xbox 360 and got Eco Draconis "pre-order wallmart edition". They're unwilling to replace it unless I pay return shipping which is a significant portion of the cost of the original, and the terms require the UPC code be intact while its damaged. The "replacement" no doubt could be only available from the same old stock of Eco Draconis they got this from. I'm wondering if Larian, like they do with the PC version, could provide a free upgrade to the Xbox 360 version to The Dragon Knight Saga?

--
You're never too old to game!
Support
Support

I thought Newegg was suppose to have good customer service? You shouldn't have to pay return shipping if they sent you the wrong item, and should be able to get a refund if they don't have any of the correct item in stock. The UPC code shouldn't be a problem if it is clear it wasn't cut out to send in for a rebate, etc.

Check their return policy and see if you have grounds to argue the return shipping. If you've only been emailing one person there, see if you can contact someone else, preferably higher up the food chain, and maybe mention the Better Business Bureau. I'm not sure if there are any consumer protection laws that require a company to pay return shipping for their mistakes, but advertising one product and shipping an older version could be considered a bait and switch tactic, which is certainly illegal. Also, look into filing a dispute with your credit card company or Paypal, depending on how you paid.

DKS is available on Xbox Live (in some areas, at least) but I'm not sure what MS' policies are or if if they have a gift code system. You can email support@larian.com to check, if you can't get this resolved otherwise.

E
EdLin Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
E
They're requiring I pay return shipping, at a "discount" but it's more than $10 and must be done within 14 days of getting the RMA (which was issued today, before I found out that doing so had these terms and return shipping costs>)

MS Xbox Live has a gift code system I think. I did email Larian about it, as my goal is really to get the game I wanted, because I loved the demo and love a good RPG, rather than part of the money back. smile I have few ways of getting the item and knowing I'll get the right item now, I haven't seen the item for sale except with NewEgg (now out of stock, which at least means they won't scam others with this) and Amazon.

--
Support
Support

At least in Canada, EBGames and Best Buy still have the Xbox version of DKS in stock ($20 new / $15 used at EBGames, $40 new / $35 used at Best Buy, $15 used at Future Shop).

E
EdLin Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
E
They're unavailable at ebgames (US), Best Buy is offering it pre-owned.

--
E
EdLin Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
E
Since NewEgg is out of stock of the (wrong) item I purchased, and I'm having a hard time finding a new copy from anyone, I don't expect to get it as a replacement from NewEgg nor can I get it new in disk form, so I purchased it as a game on demand from Xbox Live. I'm really enjoying the game! The whole thing with NewEgg has left a bad taste in my mouth though, hopefully I can get my money back from them and resolve it.

--
Support
Support

Good luck. Years ago I got burned on shipping with a product from an Amazon seller, and had to ship it again (at my expense) to Amazon before they would honour their A-Z guarantee (which of course doesn't cover the shipping charges). The only time I had a problem through Amazon directly they paid the return shipping and sent me a replacement without any hassle.

L
stranger
stranger
L
I have two versions of Dragon Knight Saga. I bought it when it came out for Xbox, never got around to playing it, and then recently bought it again on the PC, which is the version I am playing. I am in no way comparing my situation to yours but I can tell you that despite paying for the game twice there is so much content and I'm having so much fun that I still feel like I'm getting my money's worth and then some. Simply put even if you add what you paid for the first copy to the price of the second copy you are still getting a great value but of course you are entitled to your money back and I wish you the best of luck, just trying to make you feel better about the whole situation.

E
EdLin Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
E
Yeah, it's a great game. $70 (total) is a little steep though, especially with the one physical copy not being what I ordered. hehe I hope to resolve this with NewEgg, filed a complaint with PayPal too. It has a great classic RPG feel to it!

--
E
EdLin Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
E
The game, that is, is a classic RPG, not the situation with NewEgg, which is classic online soap opera. ;-)

--
E
EdLin Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
E
I finally got a full refund from NewEgg, they even refunded my shipping price, which was more than their usual policy. (Probably because I opened a paypal dispute.)

--
Support
Support

I wonder if your efforts got someone with some common sense involved, or it just became easier/cheaper for them to do the refund. Anyway, glad it finally got resolved.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard