journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I have found this on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VY4rqidmZlY

Maybe is a little old...but for me is new wink

enthusiast
enthusiast
there was some footage I've never seen before actually so thanks for posting.

It came to a surprise for me how I understood the majority of what the narrator was saying. I've never ever taken any German classes :p

Look it stands to reason...You can't eat 'cos you don't have a stomach!
veteran
veteran
Nice find, there is indeed some bits of gameplay I've never seen before.

veteran
veteran
And in the related videos is an interview with Swen talking about how the co-op gameplay will work.

N
journeyman
journeyman
N
I don't like how our characters are set in D:OS. All the past games allowed us to create our own character and class. Divine Divinity you could choose between mage, rogue and warrior and then branch out all over the place anyway. But from what I can see in D:OS you are stuck with Lars being a warrior like class (big surprise there... -.-) and the woman (don't know her name XD) being a mage like class. Please, correct me if I am wrong!!!!

Support
Support

You will be able to develop both characters however you wish.

G
stranger
stranger
G
Viel zu Bunt!!

Mir gefällt dieser Bunte Facebook-Spiele-Grafik nicht.
In deutschland haben viele die selbe Meinung, viel zu Bund.
In Diabolo 3 hatten das auch schon viele kritisiert.
Nun ich denke mal die Spieleentwickler sind beratungsresistent, anders ist es
wohl nicht zu erklären das man immer die gleichen Fehler macht.
Der Grafik-Stil von "Path of Exile" gefällt mir viel besser.
Aber kaufen werde ich mir Original Sin trotzdem, schon alleine weil ich
Divine Divinity sehr gern gespielt habe.

Sorry Google translator:

Far too colorful!

I do not like this Colorful Facebook games graphics.
In Germany many people have the same opinion, much to fret.
Diabolo 3 in which many had also been criticized.
Well I guess the game developers are resistant to advice, otherwise it is
probably can not explain that one always makes the same mistakes.
The graphic style of "Path of Exile" I like much better.
But I'm going to buy Original Sin anyway, if only because I
Divine Divinity played very much.

veteran
veteran
Good comment Godan. I see what you mean and looking at screenshots of Path of Exile I find this game has nice & eye-friendly colours ;-)

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
addict
addict
I don't recall it being that colorful when I played it a few weeks ago.
That video is old though. I think the Halloween video is the most recent one, so maybe it is better to use that video as a reference.

Last edited by Myrthos; 25/03/13 05:22 PM.

See me @ The Locus Inn & RPGWatch
veteran
veteran

O
stranger
stranger
O
Did anyone else have an issue watching this on Youtube? The specific video I am referring to is the one Kein posted earlier today (4/18). I tried it twice and it just ended at around 16 minutes. I resfreshed and tried again while putting it back to that spot and it played fine for about two more minutes and then just ended again. frown I loved what I saw during the first part. Here's hoping I can get it working so I can view the full video.

Edit:

I finally got it to work. Cool video. Looking forward to seeing more.

Last edited by orangedragon13; 19/04/13 01:56 AM.
journeyman
journeyman
@orangedragon13 for me everything is working ok

They really have to show what conversation of the other character/player have while making decision or starting new conversation because its all too much confusing for the other one-u have to talk all the time, while u could just read.

Last edited by Fanest; 19/04/13 02:14 AM.
veteran
veteran
After watching the video there are few notes/concerns:

1. It seems like the quickbar where you have put your skills and magic does not show how much points takes this or that spell. If we have to open skills/magic menu to check it every time (and then add possible bonuses or penalties on top of that) - it will be an nightmare.

2. Item=throwing ability seems to be not based on player strength. Even a dexterity-based character can throw a barrel with oil as good as tank with tons of raw strength.

3. You can split up to do your own stuff but so far it is unknown how long this will work. Can I change location? Can I kill some bosses or wipe out the dungeon while another player doing the same or completely different things? Can I progress further on main quest or even finish the game alone with my henchmen and cunning tactical battle skills while second player grinding or reading some books? What the limitations?

veteran
veteran
1. It's all stub, so I'm sure that will be in. I saw a high-res shot of an item and you could see how many AP it took to use that.

2. That may not be in yet either, but since they say it's in, it will be in. Preferably with a distance per AP indicator. Technically, I don't remember seeing Scarlett's stats.

3. You can go anywhere on one of the four large Divinity 1-sized maps, including houses and dungeons. You can't cross from one huge map to another without both part members being together, though. You might be able to advance some main plot things, although how that will work is uncertain. Larian has mentioned that you can kill everyone and still advance the main plot.

veteran
veteran
[CONT'D]

Re-watched again, focusing on dialogs, especially so-called "detailed" dialogs between characters and it seems like they all are bipolar. The whole promised system/mechanics with consequences loses its value under such circumstances. For examples, there was a scene with thief and fish. Just like the guy who played the game I totally missed the whole moment and obviously didn't see if he stole fish or not. I DON'T know. And rewriting this dialogue won't change a thing, there are only two polar choice: yes ("good" answer) and no ("bad" answer). There is no answer "I don't know", which is crucial in this case. You are FORCED to choose good or bad (hello Dragon Effect II!)

Same with that shell miniquest - you (you as the player who answers to the suggestion of another player what to do with shell - take it or throw in ocean) can't choose 3rd option "I don't care" and leave the decision completely on another player. There is again, only two primitive choices - "good" (save its life) or "bad" (take and sell).

I decided to go back in time and check old videos - same issue.

veteran
veteran
Divinity: Original Sin - Live session with Jim Sterling from Destructoid

http://www.twitch.tv/larianstudios/b/395593477

Link Copied to Clipboard