Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#460521 22/01/13 06:44 PM
Lotrotk Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
According to facebook the larian team went to london for a mocap session. I don't get this, I though you had set up your whole pipeline already? Is that a training or what? Or is it the voice actors that can't make it to Ghent?

enthusiast
enthusiast
Voice acting is generally done in the UK as there are better English speaking actors. Finishing a pipeline for getting dialogs into the game and proving it works is something different from actually recording the dialogs for the game. smile

old hand
old hand
So you wont be using your own technology yet?

Support
Support

Presumably the recording studio in the UK could provide video in a compatible format for Larian's pipeline, or it would have been easy enough to bring their own cameras to use.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I meant getting the pipeline to work is one thing, then using it on the actual voice actors is the next step. I did not mean that we are not using our pipeline. You just take the pipeline with you and record the actual dialogs.

old hand
old hand
This might interest you. A ted talk about how they created the face of Benjamin Button (its entirely CGI the first hour apparently). They also did some sort of pipelining, automating the process etc.

How Benjamin Button got his face - Ed Ulbrich

Moderated by  ForkTong, Issh, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard