Next Thread
Print Thread
#461857 04/04/13 09:34 AM
D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Hello, is there any more info about henchmen in game? What are the possible races, are they only human?

DemonHand #461858 04/04/13 11:08 AM
veteran
veteran
Right now I think they're all human, except possibly for one.

Stabbey #464810 27/04/13 12:02 PM
I just wanted to post this here, as I think Jan's reply on henchmen, or rather designing henchmen, is not very well known outside KS (few even go the info there):
"Okay, let's clear up some confusion! If you pledge to back a henchman you will get to design a character and yes, he or she will have a unique background and dialogue. The difference between them and companions is simply that the story line of companions will be very deep and diverse - like Dragon Commander. There will be a limited number of them because they require very very much work. We can't possible do that for every henchman. But that is where the difference ends. You'll make the guy or girl you like; design their look; their abilities; their build; their background; what they have to say. They will feel like individuals, not puppets, it's just that they won't have separate quests." Apr. 25, 2013

Lordcrash, Tech, I and several others also discussed the necessity of making henchmen more unique when the companions got into D:OS now. Perhaps a few of another race, even a monster or two, more of a motley crew, as it were, as opposed to a number of humans with a pool of interchangeable personalities scripted-in.

I got Comment 33,333 at the legendary Larian KS for D:OS
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Indira Weresheep
I just wanted to post this here, as I think Jan's reply on henchmen, or rather designing henchmen, is not very well known outside KS (few even go the info there):
"Okay, let's clear up some confusion! If you pledge to back a henchman you will get to design a character and yes, he or she will have a unique background and dialogue. The difference between them and companions is simply that the story line of companions will be very deep and diverse - like Dragon Commander. There will be a limited number of them because they require very very much work. We can't possible do that for every henchman. But that is where the difference ends. You'll make the guy or girl you like; design their look; their abilities; their build; their background; what they have to say. They will feel like individuals, not puppets, it's just that they won't have separate quests." Apr. 25, 2013

Lordcrash, Tech, I and several others also discussed the necessity of making henchmen more unique when the companions got into D:OS now. Perhaps a few of another race, even a monster or two, more of a motley crew, as it were, as opposed to a number of humans with a pool of interchangeable personalities scripted-in.

Pretty much this!!! I absolutely love the entire concept and very much look forward to creating one. Then we get to name a pet and a summon....there are powerful combinations that can be made there!! Name the summon after your created henchman and give your henchman the ability to use the summon you named and get the pet involved too. laugh

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Indira Weresheep

This, a few of the henchmen need to be something other than a humie.

Kou The Mad #465449 01/05/13 01:18 AM
Especially now that some will be companions.

I figure we need at least one companion of every major race (Human, Elf, Dwarf, Lizardman, and maybe Orc) and at least 2 or 3 generic henchmen of each race.

Or, you know, at least just a Lizardman. How many awesome RPGs have Lizard party members? None, that's how many.

Arsene Lupin #465458 01/05/13 04:37 AM
V
apprentice
apprentice
V
completely agree, we need non human henchmen to add more.. idunno.. fun? to the party. Hmm I wonder does anyone know how many pledges were design a henchman and up? Did we get too many of that rank? If so perhaps they will have ppl work together to consolidate the number.

Edit: Went to the KS page and yea it looks like there are WAY too many pledges of that rank and higher to each design their own.. even if only 1/4th of them actually do design one its too many. Now I am very curious to see just how Larian handles this. =D but! very glad there is this situation.. the KS campaign did so well and I hope my pushing amongst my friends helped in it.

Last edited by Voodoou; 01/05/13 04:42 AM. Reason: added info
Voodoou #465461 01/05/13 06:21 AM
Yeah there are a lot of people who may design a henchie. Without the paypal donations and the donations of rpgcodex and rpgwatch, I counted 165 pledges that had "design a henchman" included.

Join the Weresheep of Original Sin Facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/WeresheepOfOriginalSin
Dexyd #465462 01/05/13 06:38 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Dexyd
Yeah there are a lot of people who may design a henchie. Without the paypal donations and the donations of rpgcodex and rpgwatch, I counted 165 pledges that had "design a henchman" included.

if i actually pledged enough (Which i didn't), there would have been an' orc with a Top Hat and Monocle.

Arsene Lupin #465508 01/05/13 04:59 PM
B
stranger
stranger
B
Originally Posted by Arsene Lupin
Or, you know, at least just a Lizardman. How many awesome RPGs have Lizard party members? None, that's how many.

Arcanum? Wizardry 8? You have to look harder. :p

Bonerbill #465546 02/05/13 03:53 AM
There were lizardmen in Arcanum? I don't remember that at all.

But I still remember Goemoe. That guy was -awesome.-

Kou The Mad #465547 02/05/13 05:54 AM
Originally Posted by Kou The Mad
Originally Posted by Dexyd

if i actually pledged enough (Which i didn't), there would have been an' orc with a Top Hat and Monocle.

Aw, I'll really miss that posh Victorian orc! frown

Hopefully, Larian will see all the nice benefits from the increased fun factor of the special henchmen along the lines discussed here. smile

Actually, in NWN2, you had a lizardman henchman for awhile: Slaan.

I got Comment 33,333 at the legendary Larian KS for D:OS

Link Copied to Clipboard