Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
OP Offline
Dear, Larian! smile

Although new to your forums, I've boldly made this topic right away, because it is driven by passion. This idea came up in the comments section over at Kickstarter, and it's too good to overlook:

Please, consider making a subforum for us who has the ambition to make mods for DoS when it comes out - basically a subforum for modders and those interested in it.

I know this would be very appreciated and helpful to the community too in many ways, not to mention all the cool adventurers that will come out of it. laugh

I got Comment 33,333 at the legendary Larian KS for D:OS
veteran
veteran
Hi and welcome !
I'm sure the Librarians will make an extra subforum for the D:OS Editor for modding and crafting together (and modding again, ...) your own adventures and share your creative adventures (or ask questions about modding) with the forum members in that subforum ! wink

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
OP Offline
That sounds perfect, thanks for your quick reply! smile

veteran
veteran
A modding forum sounds like a great idea to add in October/November.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Stabbey
A modding forum sounds like a great idea to add in October/November.

Exactly !

Or at least at the time (some/many?) gamers start playing the alpha/beta version, somewhere in summer this year ?

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
D
apprentice
apprentice
D
As modder of almost any RPG I had (from Nevwerinter Nights 2 to Skyrim), I can tell that the modders forum is the one with more longevity. Years later few people continue asking by the game basics, but maps, houses, quests, models, textures and mods continues forever.

veteran
veteran
How about a partnership with the Nexus network for the modding aspect? Many other RPGs have their modding capacities there...:)

IMO something you should really consider, Larian.

In that case you wouldn't have to create the resources all by yourself. There are already databases, forums, chatrooms, wikis, galleries and so on available on the Nexus network. smile

Last edited by LordCrash; 05/04/13 02:11 PM.

WOOS
D
apprentice
apprentice
D
Yes Nexus are only focus on modding RPG games, and for that, it is the best site for modders in this kind of games. When I search for a mod, I firstly search it in Nexus. Also all the Nexus community (5.5 million), will know this game and more people will be willing to mod it only because is on Nexus and the benefits they have: storage of files, easy share of images, forums created automatically for each single mod, etc. I encourage Larian to talk seriously with Nexus.

Mods are always great. Would love to have a place to see what people have created/comments on it, all within a reach of my hand. A forumsection or coop with a big system in place already would be awesome.

Butler at WoOS - Weresheeps unite!
Support
Support
Originally Posted by LordCrash
IMO something you should really consider, Larian.

I believe they have already contacted Nexus, or at least are in the process of doing so.

OP Offline
I agree, as soon as the mod editor is available, a subforum could be opened, and the longevity of such a forum can be very long indeed. And even though the Nexus is great, I wouldn't mind having a modding forum here too, provided of course that there are active modders using it, but hopefully that will be the case. smile

N
stranger
stranger
N
I'll echo my support for a sub-forum too. That was one of the best resources for modders and collaborators when it came to NWN1/2 and connecting with people who might be interested in sharing ideas, scripts, and connecting with people that wanted to play your mods.

P
apprentice
apprentice
P
NWVault (NWN1\2 mod community) is still active avter 10+ years after game release.
Minecraft would be nothing without server mods \ plugins.
People still working on Morrowind \ Oblivion mods.
Warcraft 3 \ SC 2 mod communities are insanely big.
I'm so glad DoC will have mod support. I will forgive any original campaign flaws if they actually deliver awesome Toolset.

stranger
stranger
I believe they have already contacted Nexus, or at least are in the process of doing so.

Woah. Just popped in to register my account and tentatively await the release of the game and find the Nexus is being talked about. I'm honoured smile

Any idea where it's been said I'll be contacted? I haven't had any contact yet and want to ensure it's not a skype friend request I've accidentally ignored as SPAM, or an email that's gone to the wrong mailbox.

veteran
veteran
Welcome! Give them a couple of days. Larian has been insanely busy working on updates and playthroughs this last week.

stranger
stranger
Thanks smile

Oh I'm in no rush at all, I was just surprised to see people mentioning Larian might be getting in contact and was wondering where it had been mentioned.

apprentice
apprentice
I know some would think it too early, as we don't have the editor in front of us, but I would like to see the modding subforum soonish. This gives modders time to actually communicate ideas, and possibly pick up prospective helpers to create the mod(s). We already have a really good idea on what we will be allowed to do in the editor.

Support
Support

Dark0ne;
It was mentioned in the kickstarter comments, and at least a couple different forum topics, near the beginning of the campaign.

StromIV;
Unfortunately the editor isn't going to be available until release (earlier they were at least considering the possibility of including it with the beta). I'm sure a subforum will be created when Larian starts to release more detailed information about it, but that could be awhile.

old hand
old hand
Raze,

I think the modding subform would be nice to have now. It will help people to connect and figure out what projects they can start up on. That way this forum won't be so cluttered with modding discussions for those (like me) that just want to play the game.

It can start off with a FAQ about it and when it will/won't be released.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
apprentice
apprentice
@ Raze

Yeah, I know we won't have the editor for a long while yet, but a subforum is a nice thing to have available now, just for discussion sake (like Skyrim did before they launched their editor). It gives creative talent a place to talk and discuss and plan, even if they don't have the tools in front of them right now. It also keeps the mod discussion that will inevitably popup in one location before the editors release.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard