Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#462941 15/04/13 05:31 PM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
So, i will go straight to the point: Was almost sure i was going to get the Divinity - Anthology edition...but then i heard the game was hard, which is something i hate about my games. Unlike most people, i have no RPG experience and i do not enjoy challenges like most people.

Is there an easy difficulty in this game? If i just want to kick back and have fun? I have heard it is quite easy to meet higher level enemies...does the game guide me where to go?

Thanks in advance!

C
stranger
stranger
C
There's a casual setting that is quite casual. I didn't think the game was really that hard. A bit challenging in the beginning cause good armor and skills takes awhile. But on casual? No problem.

Game doesn't guide you where to go much in Broken Valley. I think Broken Valley is the only area where you can run into tough enemies you're not ready for. Easy to figure. If you're losing quickly come back at another time.

Last edited by crillgamer; 15/04/13 07:03 PM.
Support
Support

Your character build can also make a difference. Duel wielding is the most effective technique for a warrior (and best for a mage - using weapons with magic damage bonuses / enchantments gives a boost to magic spells; mages don't need to invest in the duel wielding skill, since the off-hand penalty is not taken into account for the spell bonus, just melee attacks). Archery is also quite effective, especially after you get up a few levels (and useful for a warrior early to mid game, to draw opponents in and get some damage in first, rather than running or Rush Attacking into a group). Any build can use Hide in Shadows to get the first hit in, or get a break from battle to heal or regroup.

Using the Developer Mode, you can also bump your level, skills or stats up to get started, enable god mode, give yourself equipment, etc.

However, several people playing on nightmare difficulty used additional handicaps to keep the game challenging, so you shouldn't have too many problems on casual, even without using cheats. With my archer I didn't distribute any stat points after level 15, and ended the game on level 47 with 145 unused stat points, and 87 unused skill points. Another person playing a summoner type build (and using Charm) on nightmare difficulty stopped distributing stats on level 12 IIRC, didn't wear a helmet or breastplate.

Raze #463012 16/04/13 08:41 AM
veteran
veteran
Go for the Divnity Anthology version (Dragon Knight Saga with add-on Flames of Vengeance included)

I play DKS on Xbox (and the difficulty on pc is the same I believe - but the very first version on Xbox, "Ego Draconis" was more hardcore, also on pc I believe):
1. play nightmare mode - 2. START with wearing nothing but pants and no weapons, onlty a Fireball to shoot or use Unarmed combat to defense myself ! 3. do not upgrade my hero with the best gear I can get as soon as possible via buying or whatever , only buy Yewellery with a Skill on I really want to use - 4. never reload for better loot - 5. honestly I must admit it's for sure not my first play/build in DKS, but it's now the most fun build to play with and more easy than I expected ! 6. ALL gear I don't love to see my female hero wearing I sell back, even if that piece is more powerful.

My build ?
For ME the most easy-to-survive-build AND at the same time the most funny one:
A Battle Mage Priest !! O boys & girls, it's amazing addictive to play !! smile

Stats I try now: put first points on vitality & spirit & intelligence and just a few in dexterity/strength (just for fun). Now my hero is Level 14 and invested points so her stats are (without boosts): vit 19, Spirit 17, Intelligence 21, dex 3 and str 5.
Skills? (3 points left at the moment)
Priest skills : Summon Mastery L2, Summon Ghost L5, Summon Undead (via a Neclklage SU+1), Charm L2, Hide in Shadows (Amulet +1), Blind L1.
Mage Skills: Fireball L1 (started as a Mage), Mana Efficiency L2, Magic Blast +1 (via Bracelet or Amulet).
Other skills: Lockpick L3, Two-Handed Expertice L2, Rush Attack (via Amulet or Earrings +1 or +2 both together wearing), Potion Efficiency +2(via Bracelet, loot reward for killing Penumbra), Confusion +1 (Ring as quest reward), Poison Arrows +1 (via Earrings), Splitting Arrows +1 (via Earrings) ...
Later on I sell some yewelley back for other boosts to a sertain skill I want, like Thousand Strikes is so amazing to look at, or Firewall or .... so many ...
The very good thing with a skillpoint on (especially yewellery) gear is that you don't have to invest a point in a skill to TRY it out and see if you like it ! If not, just seel back and go for another one wink ...

Each battle I summon the Undead first, then the Ghost to heal me and drink potions if needed.
At level 13 I solved a quest to have now a Creature at my side (it can earlier on if you wish).
Then I go to Charm an enemy I wish (focus on and switch focus if needed) and then I Blind one. Some enemies can resist Charm, Blind or other such skills ... but mostly, try a second time if the first time didn't successed when you "don't see a message" that tells you the enemy resist your skill ! wink
Then I mostly rush attack and with a two-handed flamberge (sword) I start slashing, my ghost do the rest : healing me if needed ! And if someone darf to attack my Ghost I rush attack to him/her and defend my Ghost !
Or I start the battle shooting with a bow, I've Rothman's bow, also as a quest reward.

Have many awesome moments in the Dragon Knight Saga ! bow

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard