Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
G
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
I'm currently doing my first playthrough of the Developer's Cut as a pure mage and loving it, but one thing is unclear to me. I'm finding more and more gear that increases a specific skill and I wonder: Are those items still usefull when the skill is already at 15? Can I use gear to somehow go over 15? I'm asking specifically for my main skills, which are Magic Missiles, Fireball, Firewall and Magic Blast. Thanks!

Support
Support

No, you can not get over the skill cap (current or max) with equipment bonuses. The same for the primary stats (100), resistances (66%) and Conditioned Body / Heightened Reflexes / Indomitable Will (75%).

Welcome to the forum. wave

veteran
veteran
Enjoy your Mage :
blasting, burning, suffering, ... your enemies to hell ... :hihi:

And welcome to the forum, I say to you too wink

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
G
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
Thanks a lot for the great answer and for the warm welcome smile That clears up my confusion.

Divinity 2 is a great game overall, but there's some issues with the levelling and difficulty curve. I've spent almost half the game overpowered from outlevelling the content. I guess thorough players receive more exp than the developers expected. The final fights of Ego Draconis felt like walks in the park. Only now that I'm halfway into FoV do the enemies pose a threat to me again.

Also there's no longer an urge to get better gear because I've maxed all the relevant stats and skills. So yeah, some issues with levels / skills / gear / difficulty, but the game's still fun. The exploration, the secrets and the weird humor really keep me playing. I'm curious how FoV will end and whether the final fights will be difficult this time around smile

C
stranger
stranger
C
It's funny cause most I read is people saying the game is hard or challenging. Might want to check your settings to see if you're on casual mode.

I did beat the game once and unlocked nightmare mode. Replayed it a few times but once I maxed out all my skills, and peaked my resistance, I didn't feel like going much further. It's a great game and would like to see Divinity 3.

I do that with a lot of games once I know the ending. For some reason I just enjoyed the journey getting there and lose interest playing the last hour or two.

G
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
I'm on normal mode, but I totally forgot that the difficulty can be changed mid-game. Could have tried that during the easier parts.

The perceived difficulty will be different for each player. I levelled up too often, too early somehow, which meant a lot of enemies couldn't hurt me much, during Orobas Fjords mostly. I play without the Wisdom skill and with Mindread at 1, but I do choose experience as a quest reward whenever possible and actively search for side quests. Anyone with a character 3-6 levels above that of the enemies will have it too easy, and maybe the changes made in the Director's Cut are what's causing it for me. But I'm glad the game "cought up" to my character level now and stuff is getting harder again.

Last edited by geertvdheide; 21/04/13 04:13 PM.
veteran
veteran
I found that upping the difficulty from Normal to Hard at level 30 and up to Nightmare at 40 helped with the challenge curve.

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard