Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Ellary Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Q When will this be out?

A We are currently aiming for November 2013.

from here http://www.divinityoriginalsin.com/faq.php

if a game is >.> alpha is what they are calling it. How likely is it that it will be done that soon? I mean I hope it is...unsure how games work being made..just know most games I exited about take a few years to come out.

*sigh* never waited for a non mmo though so not sure if a single/co op game is easier to complete then a MMO

As far as I understood, it is still planned for a release end 2013. You can keep in mind that Larian has been working on this title for a while allready and the kickstarter mainly was to implement all those extra fancy features.

Join the Weresheep of Original Sin Facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/WeresheepOfOriginalSin
veteran
veteran
That's an estimated release date. I think a lot more of the game world is more done than we've seen, it's just sparsely populated. Larian said that the build they've been showing off is deliberately limited, not showing off all the skills and such because they want to be able to show new areas and new skills gradually over time so the press will have something new to get excited about.

journeyman
journeyman
Personally I wouldn't mind if the release date was delayed by a few months. Better than having the game come out rushed and buggy.

V
apprentice
apprentice
V
Originally Posted by Helena L
Personally I wouldn't mind if the release date was delayed by a few months. Better than having the game come out rushed and buggy.

More than agreed... hehe

A
journeyman
journeyman
A
Originally Posted by Helena L

's why I added money for alpha access.
Gotta squash dem bugs.

O
stranger
stranger
O
I'll rather see the release date pushed to early 2014 (Feb-Apr) myself...if it's Nov/Dec the competition against other A^3 titles will definitely hurt the game sales...

Or just delay to polish the game and bugtest!

old hand
old hand
My guess is, that with the 1 Million budget, they can't take more time from now than 10-12 months, before running out of money. Anyway, my biggest wish is that they'll take the time which is needed to make the game as good as possible.

old hand
old hand
My guess is that they have a schedule (or will put together a schedule) with a target release date of nov 2013. Once development resumes if the schedule is missed in minor ways (or if they end up ahead of schedule) the games will be released on time. If they miss the schedule by a significant factor and at some point they realize the target date cannot be achieved they will announce a delay with a new release date. A lot will depend on how they miss the schedule. If the game is mostly there they might choose to release it on time and then add additions via patch. If the state of the game is missing major features or has major bugs then undoubtedly they will choose to delay. My guess is that today is too early for them to determine if the schedule can or cannot be met and we probably won't hear anything until sept or later (dependent on how they track milestones). As to when they release the game if delay; it will likely be a combination of marketing (business) and actual state of the game (how much extra time is required to fix the issues or add additional content).
-
My best guess is that it is too early to speculate though to be honest given the additional features being added (day/night/environment reaction likely being the most extensive and time consuming) I would not be shocked if there is a delay (i'm borderline on how difficult this will be as a good chunk could be table driven but it depends just how extensive they intend to embed the feature into the game and the degree of individual NPC customization relative to what is already there; also this might result in excessive exploit that require a bit of rebalancing).

veteran
veteran
The Alpha version will come up in summer ...

But do somebody know HOW it comes out? I suppose it's digital version to download for those who have access to it, thanks to the "value of pledge" they did ?

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Originally Posted by Joram
The Alpha version will come up in summer ...

But do somebody know HOW it comes out? I suppose it's digital version to download for those who have access to it, thanks to the "value of pledge" they did ?

My guess would be a download protected by an "insert your alpha access code here to download." You would then of course get that code as an email. That's the simplest solution probably.

There will apparently also be an alpha testing forum somewhere, so maybe they also can tie the downloads somehow to the accounts that have access to the alpha forum, don't know.

I want my alpha now! :p

Join the Weresheep of Original Sin Facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/WeresheepOfOriginalSin
Support
Support

I believe the intent is to do the alpha/beta through Steam.

Yes, I'm pretty sure it was mentioned during the KS campaign. smile

I got Comment 33,333 at the legendary Larian KS for D:OS
veteran
veteran
Steam is the easiest way to offer alpha/beta builds because it already has an overlay for these functions.

But because some/many people don't use/like Steam, Larian should think of offering a Steam-free solution. They promised a DRM free game and in my opinion that includes the alpha/beta builds. wink

WOOS
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by LordCrash
Steam is the easiest way to offer alpha/beta builds because it already has an overlay for these functions.

But because some/many people don't use/like Steam, Larian should think of offering a Steam-free solution. They promised a DRM free game and in my opinion that includes the alpha/beta builds. wink

I agree on this

+1

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
journeyman
journeyman
Me too. I've pledged for a tier with alpha and beta access, and I don't use Steam. At the moment I'm not planning to participate in the testing (I'd rather just get the finished game), but it would be nice to have the option later if I change my mind.

I suppose they work on the game for a long while now, last year there was a release told for March (Amazon sales - Germany), so now I can trust that they will manage to publish the game until the end of this year. The Kickstarter campaign was great, they will now create an additional team to help to add the new contents, so there won't be any delay because of this theoretically.

question: do you think that we can get the editor as soon as the alpha or beta will be published?

Last edited by Endre; 02/05/13 12:55 PM.

We are proud to report that we finished our DOS2 localization project (Hungarian). :'-)
https://warg8.jimdofree.com/
During the KS, Larian estimated "late alpha" for the editor. smile

I got Comment 33,333 at the legendary Larian KS for D:OS
V
apprentice
apprentice
V
Im curious, those that do not use steam. Why? I have converted all of my games that I can to it just because of the accessability and how it keeps your CD keys safe.. My husband and I both have games we have lost CD keys to and are now useless frown Plus their customer service is amazing. Mine was set up to an email account that simply doesnt exist anymore(sbcglobal.net became yahoo.com) and they were still able to return my account like 6 years after I had touched the account.

On topic, I agree with those saying they dont mind waiting until its done. We all get bitchy internally or on forums when games get delayed but we all get MUCH worse when the game is out and has many bugs.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard