Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
N
stranger
stranger
N
I totally agree. Having an italian translated version would be great, because rarely when I play a game in english I understand everything NPC says or all the storyline and the quests are about.

With any RPG this is a huge loss of fun and immersion, especially with a masterpiece of the genre as Divinity is, so I really hope Larian and FX reach an agreement to give us an italian translation of Original Sin; I'm sure that a lot of other italian and spanish guys that love this series will be so happy if this happens!

K
stranger
stranger
K
It's a very good thing.I'm italian and I know can be so difficult for me to understand without an italian translation.Hope it can happen very soon

stranger
stranger
+1

ASUS ROG Strix GL703GS, GTX 1070 8GB, 32GB RAM, 1920x1080 144Hz G-Sync laptop screen, external monitor UWQHD 3440x1440 Mi Monitor, NVMe 4x, Hori Fighting Stick Mini, XBox One BT controller, ROG Strix Carry mouse
old hand
old hand
How come all the italian posters have only 1 post ?

addict
addict
Originally Posted by meme

Well... I guess it's because they only registered to tell Larian they'd like to have an Italian version. smile

B
bruco31 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B

It's a problem? =)

I've sent an email to FX Interactive, I'm hoping they will read it. D: OS looks awesome, we're starving to play it!

I'm worried about only one thing: Larian won't find an Italian distributor. It would be very sad to see a SH offering a localization but can't release it becasue there are not any helpful distributors =(

Last edited by bruco31; 04/05/13 04:32 PM.
E
stranger
stranger
E
Sorry for my imperfect English, but as you can notice, I'm Italian. I just wanted to tell you that I agree with what was said above, "Divinity: Original Sin” it seems to be a great game, and for us Italians, it would be a disappointment to play without the Italian localization.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Either there have always been a lot of Italians lurking about this forum or the Italian OP has a lot of friends...

Look it stands to reason...You can't eat 'cos you don't have a stomach!
stranger
stranger
They are from the same forum about RPGs.

Now playing: Earthbound | Last Game: The Legend of Zelda - The Wind Waker HD
MAL | MML
stranger
stranger

It's quite simple, we have a room in our italian board and we discuss in our lang about divinity series/steam/D:OS.

As most of us have pledged and we really love this RPG the OP had this good idea.

B
bruco31 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
Someone has told me this topic could be seen as something inappropriate.

It's important:

We are not here claiming an Italian translation of the game. I'm sorry if I wrote something misleading.

The post is intended to make Larian Studion aware that some Italian fans are attempting to contact FX Interactive. We're trying to made FX manage the distribution in Italy as well in Spain.
We're not pretending anything from Larian Studios!
I've tried to edit my first post to make my intents clearer, but it seems I'm not allowed to edit a post more than once.

If I looked stupid or rude, I beg you pardon. If this topic seems something stupid or rude, the fault is mine.

I'm the only one at fault.

old hand
old hand
I'm confused - can't you just buy it from gog, steam or larian vault? Why do you need an italian distributor ?

K
stranger
stranger
K
Hi, i'm Carlo from Italy. I love the old game Divine Divinity.
A new Divine RPG i would love, but my english is very bad ( google translate ) and i could play only if translated into Italian.
I hope someday it will be translated into Italian.
If you will be translated by FX Interactive, even better, they have always done excellent translations
For me is the first post because i came here just to ask for a translation.
Bye bye

stranger
stranger
I'm confused - can't you just buy it from gog, steam or larian vault? Why do you need an italian distributor ?

The thing is: i'd like to have subtitles in italian language.

I've pledged and pre-ordered the steam/gog version but I still hope in a translation project.

It seems that we can only hope in a distributor, that's all.

For the first episode we had a wonderful job done by a bunch of guys (Italian Translation Project - ITP) for example. But that team is now gone.

We're here to say "ehi larian, we're so excited about D:OS and we'd like to have it with subtitles in our language".

No need to add more. smile

B
bruco31 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B

I've read this FAQ at the bottom of the Kickstarter Homepage , everyone can check it out:

Why is this not available in [language here]?

We are localizing in English, French, German, Polish and Russian, because we have distributors there. If we had a distribution deal in Italy for instance, we would localize in Italian.

Last edited by bruco31; 05/05/13 02:20 PM.
E
stranger
stranger
E
I agree. We don't want in any way appear grumpy or vulgar. We are simply expressing our desire, our hope.. that this beautiful game is localized in Italian. smile

enthusiast
enthusiast
Pretty sure modders could entirely translate the game. It'd take some time but it's possible :P

Look it stands to reason...You can't eat 'cos you don't have a stomach!
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Rod Lightning
Pretty sure modders could entirely translate the game. It'd take some time but it's possible :P
but it would take a long time and probably would not have a perfect translation as an official
Forums Italians talk a lot about this game but very few posting here to the problems of language (like me)

stranger
stranger

Originally Posted by Godot.
They are from the same forum about RPGs.

Are you sure about it? I don't think so wink

Originally Posted by f5f9
Originally Posted by Rod Lightning
but it would take a long time and probably would not have a perfect translation as an official
Forums Italians talk a lot about this game but very few posting here to the problems of language (like me)

Agree with f5f9, it's a risk since this is a prologue and the Divinity saga have a very deep lore, maybe a little bit "unknown" to a lot of players who didn't played the previous Divinity games (even Beyond that i judge more a divinity chapter then a spin off), talking about the lore this new divinity chapter it's really important since take a time space before the battle of castel Stormfist and I'm sure there'll be a twist that change all what I or you think about the previous chapters, and for this reason I play the Larain games, every end it's inusual and amazing in the same time, so a good text translation work it's fundamental otherwise all the game it's a waste at last for me, of course it's a personal opinion.

Last edited by Darkgondul; 05/05/13 05:32 PM.
old hand
old hand
Point taken and i realize that english is less common in Italy than some of the other european countries so I wish you luck !

Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard