Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
stranger
stranger
Probably yes... Personally I have no problems playing games in english, but when I play a CRPG like D: OS with a deep lore, thousands lines of dialogue, many choices to thinking about, I prefer to play with my native tongue. I always fear to not understand something... frown

apprentice
apprentice
it seems strange that there is not a publisher who has offered to launch in Italy such an important game
and yet here we are waiting for many
I have read almost everything (using google translator) about this game and I have long studied the trailers
I am sure that will have a huge success

veteran
veteran
I hope for you guys that the game will be translated to Italian. smile

WOOS
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by LordCrash
thankyou

C
stranger
stranger
C
The Italian community follows this forum.
And always hope in the localization

good job, and the fantasy kiss you .... Larian Studios smile

B
stranger
stranger
B
Originally Posted by LordCrash

Thanks!
We are hoping for it too smile

stranger
stranger
And even the paypal pledge is end now (the 10th may if i'm not wrong), uhm no news so far, hope that they give us something about it well

Support
Support

Technically Paypal pledging ended yesterday, but practically it will remain open until Monday morning Belgium time.

M
stranger
stranger
M
It also I would like very much that this game came out at least with subtitles in Italian!

B
stranger
stranger
B
I'm waiting a game like this since a lot of years, and I hope to can play it in my own language, Italian.
I don't want to lose a lot of immertion in the game, for the need to translate it.
I enjoyed my favourite game ever, Arcanum and Torment, only after the Italian Community translation, even if I played them before in English, but losing much of the plot.

I could even donate for an eventual "italian localization kickstart". smile

Regards, Alessio.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Bestio
I'm waiting a game like this since a lot of years, and I hope to can play it in my own language, Italian.
I don't want to lose a lot of immertion in the game, for the need to translate it.
I enjoyed my favourite game ever, Arcanum and Torment, only after the Italian Community translation, even if I played them before in English, but losing much of the plot.

Regards, Alessio.
might be a good idea
I also look forward to this masterpiece announced but my English is very bad and the fact that Larian is not responding sends me into a panic

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by f5f9
Originally Posted by Bestio

Regards, Alessio.
might be a good idea
I also look forward to this masterpiece announced but my English is very bad and the fact that Larian is not responding sends me into a panic

There's roughly 6 months left until the scheduled release and they're all working on the GAME.

Expect stuff like translations to come at a much later date during development. Also, you can't blame them for not responding. Since Kickstarter these forums have been very active and Larian is quite saturated with questions from fans, emails and a all sorts of stuff I have absolutely no knowledge of whatsoever.

Patience, my friend. Patience. Only time will tell.

Look it stands to reason...You can't eat 'cos you don't have a stomach!
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Rod Lightning
...Patience, my friend. Patience. Only time will tell.
you're right but I loved too all games of Larian and this is the RPG of my dreams and I'm anxious

B
bruco31 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
Shadowrun Return and Torment: Tides of Numenera will be both traslated in Italian, and both are devoleped via Kickstarter.

If they have founded an Italian distributor, I hope that also Larian Studios can find a suitable agreement with some Italian distributor =)

G
stranger
stranger
G
Divinity it 's divine . We need an italian localization ! Please help us .

stranger
stranger
Hi, i add my voice to the choir of those who wants to have the italian localization of Divinity: Original Sin.

I played Divine Divinity some years ago, thanks to a magazine.
The game was translated by the ITP crew (in italian) and the translation was very good.
At that time my english was very low, and probably i would not played in english; today my english is improved a lot, but play the game in one own language is a different experience, somehow play something in a foreign language implies some efforts that with the translated game you don't have.

Now the new one (Divinity: Original Sin) seems to be a very big game, so i hope that Larian Studios will consider this option.

enthusiast
enthusiast
My native tongue is not English. I learned English playing video games and watching movies. As far as I know, Italians tend to 'dub' just anything, so it's no wonder you're having trouble with foreign languages. Not that Italian is no beautiful language, but hey, DD was never even translated to Dutch, which is spoken by the people at Larian themselves (well, most of them).

That said, I don't wish the Italian translation NOT to be released, as they're clearly uncomfortable with foreing languages, and that counts for spanish, french and german people as well. Just wanted to remind that not everyone is complaining about their native tongue not being included. Still, I'm happy there are many fans in the south that clearly care about DOS and hope to share the experience with friends, so thanks for your support!

stranger
stranger
If we have to discuss on the reason why translate a game in italian, i can bring some data in my favor; Italy have 60 million people, about the 50% are players, the italian videogames market is the fourth in Europe and it grows about 8% per year [England (+6%), Germany (+4%) and France (-2%)] the most of the games which arrives in the italian stores are translated (dubbed or subtitled).

But this is not the point, the point is that there are many italian fans out there, and also potential buyer who would like play a game in the own language, and what I'm doing is say "Hey, if you have the chance, please make an italian localization".

Nobody pretends nothing.

apprentice
apprentice
I am amazed by the fact that you do not find a italian publisher for a game so huge and important
I recently did a lot of indie games that had at least subtitles in my language...

old hand
old hand
What is the ratio of male Italian game players to female Italian game players and which are more demanding for a good translation ?

Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard