Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
G
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
G
as a big larian fan yourself, would you like larian to [size:11pt]take their time and create the best turn-based RPG ever made (and even go beyond the tentative release deadline) or would you like larian to release original sin ASAP?
thank you for your opinions all wink[/size]

Last edited by grandia01; 20/05/13 02:54 PM.
Support
Support

I vote for 'when it is done', which should be October/November if Larian's projected estimates and budgets (from when they began the kickstarter) remain reasonably accurate. The amount of work to be done puts a lower limit on the release date, while the amount of money available gives an upper limit. If there ends up looking like there would be a large gap between the two, I think Larian would be more inclined to add more detail and polish than release early, but since all the stretch goals were met, that isn't likely to be an issue.

postponed till the 10th of februari! That way it would make a nice birthday gift. :p

Last edited by Dexyd; 20/05/13 06:16 PM.

Join the Weresheep of Original Sin Facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/WeresheepOfOriginalSin
G
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
G
thank you for the replies so far guys. and nice seeing you again Raze. personally, i would not mind if larian even takes five more years to finish off their game, i just want a kick ass game in the end claphands

veteran
veteran
when it's done

WOOS
enthusiast
enthusiast
Agreed with Raze and LC: It'll be done when it's done, and released when it's done.

* as usual this is imho (unless stated otherwise); feel free to disagree, ignore or try to change my mind. Agreeing with me is ofc also allowed, but makes for much worse flamewarsarguments.

It is a full moon night and ... bèèè! ... the Weresheep are out...
enthusiast
enthusiast
I'd go w/ Raze, but only on November. Specifically, a week before black Friday starts.

"There is no such thing as absolute freedom because we are still prisoners of society"
old hand
old hand
I think DOS should be released when Larian think it should be released. If that means releasing it early and adding later or releasing it later - I think it should be their decision as to what works best for them.

V
apprentice
apprentice
V
Originally Posted by Dexyd
postponed till the 10th of februari! That way it would make a nice birthday gift. :p

Postponed unti 20th of February for my birthday.. ;-)

And my vote goes for When it's done, and not a second too sooner.

Postponed till December 2014! That way they have plenty of time and will make a wonderful 40th B-Day gift.

I pledged and all I got was this lousy awesome game!
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Von_Rotten
Postponed till December 2014! That way they have plenty of time and will make a wonderful 40th B-Day gift.

That will happen only if sales of DC is unexpectedly good.

"There is no such thing as absolute freedom because we are still prisoners of society"
Support
Support

If Larian comes up with an extra year's worth of stuff to add to D:OS, I think that would much more likely to be an add-on than a delayed release (especially since they said when the kickstarter began that if any stretch goals would take too long to complete they would still release the game as intended and provide the extra content when it was done).

veteran
veteran
Taking too long can lead to them going over budget which is not something we want to have happen either because it would mean the production time and costs were not managed well and the game still has issues and is likely to still ship with issues if that ends up happening. That's not the same as saying I want to rush them either....if they need more time and it fits well with the budget they have then by all means I would not object. Ultimately I just hope that everything fits well with their projected time-frame which is accommodated by their budget.

O
stranger
stranger
O
Postpone to at least Feb/March 2014...November period is too stiff competition with other 3A games...

addict
addict
hmmmmm in november will be release the well-expected Watch dogs, so it might not be a good period for Larian to launch their game...

And I do not want Larian to do what they did with D2 : releasing the game before and remove Aleroth from the original game I say when they will complete the game !!
If you need a bit more time to make a really good collector pac, take your time laugh

"-Oh that's fullmoon, cuttie cuttie sheep
-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

Weresheeps will rule the world (At least one night every 29 days)
veteran
veteran
There are always going to be hot new AAA games coming out, no matter when you release. Postponing a release by one, two, three months isn't going to change that. The schedule for release should only be dictated by "Is it done?" and "How much money have we reasonably got for continuing development?"

I fully agree with Raze.

journeyman
journeyman
When it's done. I understand that they'll want to time the release to try and maximise sales, but there's never a perfect time.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by onyhow
Postpone to at least Feb/March 2014...November period is too stiff competition with other 3A games...

Ah yes, but how many AAA RPGs are there gonna be? (Well, exactly one I think: Wasteland 2)

* as usual this is imho (unless stated otherwise); feel free to disagree, ignore or try to change my mind. Agreeing with me is ofc also allowed, but makes for much worse flamewarsarguments.

It is a full moon night and ... bèèè! ... the Weresheep are out...
apprentice
apprentice
I don't think D:OS and most AAA games will be in the same market. Larian obviously have a very powerful engine to help with implementing all the features that are promised and with the ability to hire extra hands with the $1 million I think the prospect of the November release is not only promising but wouldn't harm sales at all.

journeyman
journeyman
Only when it's done.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard