Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
apprentice
apprentice
Only when it's done.
I think it's better for the public relations.

Meowmic Republic of Sin
veteran
veteran
Only when it's done smile

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
journeyman
journeyman
(jargon) When It's Done - A manufacturer's non-answer to questions about product availability. This answer allows the manufacturer to pretend to communicate with their customers without setting themselves any deadlines or revealing how behind schedule the product really is. It also sounds slightly better than "We don't know"

http://encyclopedia2.thefreedictionary.com/When+It%27s+Done

Firstly, this doesn't sound a whole lot like Larian. hehe And given how they already said they would release the game in Q4, I would assume they'd have thought through that by the end of the year they would be able to make their best possible RPG with the budget available.

I don't see why they would release the game any earlier than that.

addict
addict
Except it's the consumers saying it here :p

The guys at Larian are experienced, they've been around for over a decade and are good at what they do. They've set the deadline to their best estimate and will meet it should nothing major block their way.

Personally, I don't need more than that, no matter how impatient I may be.

Unless otherwise specified, just an opinion or simple curiosity.
T
stranger
stranger
T
How about an update nothing but silence.

journeyman
journeyman
Only when Larian is ready to release the game should it be released. Sooner than that and we have Divinity 2, which is a good game but not the best Larian could do. If it gets delayed slightly then I'd be as happy to see it released when they said it would.

I'm also known as Tovarah.
IS it done yet? o.0

I pledged and all I got was this lousy awesome game!
Originally Posted by Jenga
I don't think D:OS and most AAA games will be in the same market. Larian obviously have a very powerful engine to help with implementing all the features that are promised and with the ability to hire extra hands with the $1 million I think the prospect of the November release is not only promising but wouldn't harm sales at all.

Larian games are not in competition with most games as their games are much more immersive with deep story and love for detail which most other games would not even touch with a bargepole to make the very, very, very casual werecows happy from the console and tablet market ;p smile
Quality needs time and besides, the original release date for Nov'13 was at a time were they were not sure if kickstarter would succeed. Instead they have now a bunch of stretch goal on top I know they can handle and the Dragon Commander project.
They can maybe stretch the budget but as far as I know they cannot bend time smile So 2014 is totally fine with me.

Who knows? Maybe they can pull the stunt and put the budget to good use and bend time after all and surprise us. After all we saw those job ads they posted smile

Ideals are like stars. We might never reach them. But we can set our course by them.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard