Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Hi all! smile

I stumbled across this interesting CRPG over at Kickstarter and I decided to get on the bandwagon yet again.

Unrest is a story driven RPG set in ancient India in the midst of an uprising. Play as ordinary men and women struggling for safety, freedom, food for their children, and a chance at peace.
•Explore the drought and famine stricken streets of an ancient Indian city, where a fog of hunger and discontent shrouds the natural beauty of the land.
•Use the detailed conversation system to instil fear, command respect and gain the trust and friendship of others. Understand your enemies and make them see your side of the story.
•The narrative adapts to failure and death - instead of a game over screen, the plot continues and your fate becomes part of it. However, you can still save and load at any time if you want to.
•Make tough and interesting decisions in the lives of people untouched by destiny. The traditional hero’s quest of prophecy, power, and revenge forms a backdrop to your own struggles.
•Combat is brutal, decisive…and always avoidable. Bloodshed might be the easy way out in some situations, but has lasting consequences beyond those apparent on the surface.
•Hand drawn 2D art and soundtrack based on ancient Indian music to help you immerse yourself in the world.
•Full mod support lets you create your own worlds and adventures.
•Unrest will be available DRM-Free on multiple digital stores, without any DLC or micro-transactions. We promise.
•Iron Man mode to make sure you deal with the consequences of your actions (requested by the backers!).

I really adore what they are aiming for - a deep RPG in a setting rarely used in western RPGs. I loved D&D adventures that used Asian culture and history in all its diversity for scenarios and campaigns. At that, they've taken away button-bashing combat as a necessity to have a RPG game going, joining the ambition of Torment: Tides of Numenera, for instance. I can't wait to play Unrest, and I hope it gets over-funded a hundred times over. smile

Obviously, I realize this is hardly everybody's cup of tea, but I love the dialogue system with emotes and the way the chapters weave into each other, etc.

Oh, I nearly forgot the link. Here it is:

Unrest

Link edited thanks to kind sir below! smile

Last edited by Indira Weresheep; 27/05/13 04:47 PM.

I got Comment 33,333 at the legendary Larian KS for D:OS
old hand
old hand
Your link does not work frown
But because I'm such a nice person:
Unrest

OP Offline
Thanks a bunch, Merendrious! laugh

I have no clue why it wasn't working.

EDIT: Btw, I just have to mention that anyone pledging $ 10 will get a digital copy of the game, so it isn't exactly on the expensive side.

Last edited by Indira Weresheep; 27/05/13 05:40 PM.

I got Comment 33,333 at the legendary Larian KS for D:OS
veteran
veteran
That does sound really good.

(And as a side note, I just have to say I love your user name, 'Indira Weresheep'! laugh )

Please click the banner...
M
Chronicler
Chronicler
M
I pledged on day one! smile

I am in blood
Stepp'd in so far, that, should I wade no more,
Returning were as tedious as go o'er.
S
stranger
stranger
S
A roleplaying game that's about roleplaying? It's so crazy it just might work.

A
veteran
veteran
A
The Book Of Unwritten Tales and Simon The Sorcerer 2 had role-players, too. laugh

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard