Next Thread
Print Thread
#467175 14/06/13 03:18 PM
D
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
D
Just wondering if I am supposed to access this early? I was level 12 when I went there haven't progressed any major quest lines in broken valley outside the village area, just gone around killing most enemies and doing minor quests.

I've killed a bunch of the goblins well above my level in the starting area (by stealth with arrows and magic as well as summons and my creature) and Im already at like level 19 closing in on 20, after getting massive XP going as far as the depleted mines. I thought this area was only accessed after getting the battle tower?

Also want to know is there supposed to be a dialog box next to the health/mana bar on the bottom of the screen? I don't have it but Ive seen the game played with it.

Last edited by Dundalis; 14/06/13 03:24 PM.
Dundalis #467182 14/06/13 06:43 PM
Support
Support

Just past the depleted ore mine there is a barrier you will not be able to get past until after getting the battle tower.

You may want to leave enough opponents here in order to make sure you can level again after finishing off Broken Valley. At the end of Maxos Temple you get access to a teleporter which will bring you to a new area. Your first encounter there you can mindread to bring you up to the next level, so if you make sure you level just before going there, you can get a full level worth of experience.

Playing a ranger in DKS (on nightmare) I went to the fjords at level 13, got up to 16 fairly quickly and decided to go back and finish off a couple places in Broken Valley and head to Maxos temple (reaching level 17 there). Back to the fjords, clearing the beach by the waterfall and swimming over to the one behind the anti-dragon shields brought me to level 18, clearing past the depleted ore mine brought me to 19, and which point I headed back to Broken Valley long enough to kill a rabbit and use Belegar's telleporters (the 2 that need a password).
After that, I saved at each level so I could reload when I got as far as I could go, which was level 22 and a half. I reloaded my 'just turned level 21' save, turned in a selection of quests trying to just reach level 22, and went through the bandit camp to get the last 28 experience points I needed.
Before using the final teleporter in Maxos temple is a great time to do any outstanding mindreads, as any debt will be wiped out your first mindread in the new location. In my case there were only a couple NPCs left to mindread.

In the PC version there should be a dialog box to the right of the UI at the bottom of the screen if the crosshairs in the middle of the screen are pointed at an NPC or object that can be interacted with (door, chest, etc).

Raze #467193 15/06/13 06:52 AM
D
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
D
Ok thanks for the info.

Yeah I get that box. I'm guessing the version I saw (youtube) was the xbox version then as it was to the left of the screen and had all the info like damage taken and given in a battle.

Dundalis #467194 15/06/13 07:42 AM
Support
Support

The Xbox version of DKS has the health / mana / experience bars around the compass in the upper left of the screen, icons for the D-Pad direction hotkeys to the lower left and the A/B/X/Y face buttons to the lower right.

There is a combat log (logbook, far right tab), but AFAIK no way to leave it displayed while the game is playing. It is hard to say without seeing the video, but maybe they recorded the combat and the log separately, and combined them after the fact (there is no multi-monitor support to leave it open on another screen).

Dundalis #473216 17/08/13 06:51 PM
journeyman
journeyman
I shall give you a hint to get the maximum amount of levels in broken valley:

first: Kill all the enemies you can find in Broken Valley this includes also lovis his tower and the maxos temple until you reach the portal to sentinal island DO NOT STEP INTO THE PORTAL.

second: pickup all the quests you can get your hands on.

third: mindread the ones you think you need to solve quests or get acces to storage etc. ps some mindreads are better AFTER you solved the quest(s)

fourth: solve all quests

fifth: If you have done all that., you have a big experience debt
now go to the Maxos temple and step into the portal to Sentinal island and mindread the "Island" you get a level and you debt is gone;)

a note: there are cut scenes in broken valley try to avoid them because some mindreads must be done in the cutscene and then you don't get the most out of your experience.

I'm not God, but I'm close

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard