A couple of things that somewhat bothered me, sorry if they were already mentioned (which is most probably), I only read a couple of feedback topics.Map :
- After playing a card on a country, while the miniature on the map looks ok, the large card that appears when you hover over it isn't the same (in my case, after playing the 200% gold buff, it appeared a purple card with a dragon illustration, though the text was correct).
- The academy building is said to give "0% discout on research", both when building and when hovering over it on the map. Not that interesting.
- If moving the map around while hovering over a building or a unit, the text follows the map and not the building. Doesn't matter much I guess, but feels awkward to me.
- The cursor becomes a hand over ally units, as if you could grab them.
- When preparing for battle, I missclicked and used a card I didn't want to. I found no way to remove it, maybe I missed the obvious (or it wasn't obvious enough? Right click maybe?), or maybe there's none on purpose. If so, I'd love to know why, as it appeared somewhat annoying to me. CORRECTION : I didn't try, but I'm pretty sure now that the undo button will do the trick. I didn't think to it, as it wasn't on the forefront anymore with the battle window. Maybe some more obvious method would help.
- Concerning preparation too, being asked to let the Imperial army lead the battle while playing as rebels is... Awkward.Battle :
- In battle, though with a correct fps, lots of things aren't smooth at all : zooming/dezooming does it by huge increments, same for moving the map (travels like the 5th of my screen when hitting once a direction key), or clicking any button (skills, recruitment) : it doesn't work properly, most of my click don't do anything, I often must try 3/4 time before it works. Spamming or not doesn't change anything to that ratio.
- Something else that proves excessively choppy is turning into a dragon : it's totally mad for the few first seconds, whirling around, looking up, down, behind... Even if I don't do the sightest mouse move, and everything at low fps. So for the moment, I always turn dragon behind my units, and muyst wait these few seconds to have passed before engaging the ennemy. It's quite game-breaking as I loose all the blitz power of a jetpack-dragon. There were a couple of times where it didn't do that, I couldn't sort out what makes that happen or not. It still got very low fps (I have no indicator but I'd say 4-5) for the same time.
- I love artillery. In fact, I love all big guns. But especially artillery. I already got some fun in my first battle researching the siege mode in barracks, putting some arties and a zeppelin somewhere, and vaporizing those foolish infantries and defense cannons! mwahahah! Hm. Though, what constructive I can say, is : a range indicator for the siege mode would be really, really great. Some faint color disc, or a dotted circles... Something like the area of the shelling.
- Those lovely arties lead me to another thing gameplay-related : I got a ~300 recruits value army, neatly massed, with 6 arties in the middle of them. I started bombing their buildings, far out of range of any ennemy (the AI didn't build any arty, and even though, I got the Zeppelin), lolled around a bit as a dragon, came back... To notice most of my forces were depleted, with a clearing in the middle of the army. I'm pretty sure the 2 artillery behind got they shot 'intercepted' by the two in front of them, which made my bombing very effective... Against my own troops. Meh. The battle ended before I could make sure of this though, I'll do some testing.
Well, what I wanted to suggest is : a 'formation' system would be great, really great (too). Even something as simple as click-and-drag with right click to put the units in a neat line (instead of my already mentionned neat mass) would avoid such a problem and be overly useful in a large panel of situations (as a Total War player, I tried to do this tons of times).
- Also got the 65535 bug, with transport on the Obbrana country : after a battle, while I got 2 jeeps and 1 transport on the country, it reports 1 jeep and 65535 transports as casualties, with 1 jeep and 2 transports left. However, I have no transport remaining on the map (the jeep is there). Note that I didn't loose it during the fight, it wasn't even hit, nor any other naval unit (and if I'm not wrong, the loss ratio is distinct for air/land/naval, so it shouldn't have been destroyed).
Thanks for reading all this, I hope some of this feedback may prove useful. I'll try to read more of what has already been said to avoid redundancy, but I wanted to give my first feedback while playing -and was way too much impatient to read all before