Next Thread
Print Thread
D
Deitti Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
What kind of stat build would you recommend for battlemage?

mostly im wondering the amount of agility i would need, something like 80-85% chance to hit at lvl 50 or so.

how much constitution would people recommend? Since there is no way charms alone cover up all necessary HP at melee range especially if i go hard difficulty. i know that mana can be gotten through charms so there's no point for going intelligence with warrior.

would something like 90 STR and 90 AGI be enough considering all the stat boosts you get?

Support
Support

With my warrior I had lots of mana from equipment bonuses, going with about 2 parts strength, 2 parts agility and 1 part constitution, on average (boosted constitution more earlier in the game, until it got high enough I was fine just relying on equipment for much of my hit points). Charms would have likely given plenty of mana for a battle mage, though I also built up many more restoration potions than I needed.

For a maximum, yes 90 should be fine. Just before fighting the Demon of Lies, my stats were as follows (the number in brackets indicates the values with no equipment, without Finnigan's lockpicks in my inventory).

Code
Level 53 Warrior

Vitality  1260 (444)
Magic      574  (30)

Strength     145 (111)
Agility      150 (112)
Intelligence  18 (10)
Constitution 100 (74)

Offense  124 (89)
Defense  108 (78)
Damage 139-178 (54-64)
Armour   484  (0)

Lightning Resistance 95 (25)
Fire Resistance     110 (25)
Poison Resistance    35 (25)
Spirit Resistance    95 (25)

Reputation 51
Weight   4500 (3820)

Welcome to the forum. wave

veteran
veteran
Your class has a hidden effect on your stats. A Warrior will do 4 times as much damage with the same weapon and same stat build as a mage, and have a higher chance to hit. It's better to go a a warrior, because as you noted, Charms can make up for your lack of mana, but you'll never make up for the reduced damage.

90 STR and 90 AGI is okay, but you can get them higher.

D
Deitti Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Oh, no worries, i always planned to go warrior as class since as you said, i noticed it suited battlemages much better since they have to be close to do damage, the spells are more there for support than the actual damage which will still be provided by melee.

I've been planning lately and will probably go 100 STR and 100 AGI in my build but your advices helped so thanks for answers smile

And thank you for the welcomes aswell.

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard