Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#468995 09/07/13 12:37 AM
Dagnome Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I just bought the game on Steam, I hope I made a good choice for $40. Can anyone offer any feedback about their experiences with this game? I have never played anything in the Divinity Franchise.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Dagnome
I just bought the game on Steam, I hope I made a good choice for $40. Can anyone offer any feedback about their experiences with this game? I have never played anything in the Divinity Franchise.

Story:
Not available on Beta so I have nothing to say.

Gameplay:
On skirmish/field battle, the pacing is quite enjoyable. Sometimes, micro managing skills is hard due to game speed and interface problems. The AI still can't transform into a dragon, so the player currently has the advantage over it.

On the campaign, I could only give you ideas when fighting against an AI since I haven't fought a human. The AI knows what to do, but there are still issues that needs to be resolved.

Replayability:
The politics side of the game which is not yet available on Beta. If the consequences are clearly evident, this is a plus. Otherwise, people won't even bother repeating it.

Again, this game is still in beta and will be released on August 6. Expect a lot of changes in the future.

Last edited by henryv; 09/07/13 12:50 AM.

"There is no such thing as absolute freedom because we are still prisoners of society"
veteran
veteran
Welcome! You don't just have to rely on other people's words - if you just got the game on Steam, you can hop in the beta yourself right now!

There's a manual in the game's directory which should help.

It might be best to start a new LAN server with the AI set to None to play with the units and read their tooltips, and try their skills out before you jump into fighting against a person or the AI. The game takes a bit of getting used to, but if you've ever played RTS's, like Starcraft 2 for instance, a lot of the helpful UI features are in this game as well.

Dagnome Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
From the few games I have played it seems a bit like RISK but then you get into an actual battle it becomes like Warcraft/Starcraft. I have some getting used to about the the different unit types but it is certainly a different take on the RTS genre.

enthusiast
enthusiast
welcome smile

Divinity: Dragon Commander is a awesome game

So far tried the beta and its loads of fun!

Last edited by DragonCommander; 09/07/13 07:14 AM.
journeyman
journeyman
I've certainly enjoyed the beta and I'm not a fan of RTSes. Personally I'm glad I preordered Dragon Commander, especially with the political system in the single player campaign. I am going to have... fun with the 'assorted parasites'. Especially Edmund. Oh I will enjoy Edmund so much on the first playthrough.

I'm also known as Tovarah.
apprentice
apprentice
Finished and won a match against an AI opponent, decent enough difficulty on default. The performance was a bit sluggish on max settings though, although my overclocked and shader-unlocked Radeon HD6950 isn't exactly top notch at 1920x1200 anymore. I sent the final system feedback to Larian to do my bit for the beta testing.

WoOS
Dagnome Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Biggest issue I am having is the game crashing about 90% of the time when I go from the strategic map to the battle. Or the Desynch issues when playing with other online players that happen during the transfer between the Strategy map and the Battle, seems like they got some work to do.

old hand
old hand
We're uploading the new beta now - a lot of these bugs should be solved (we hope)

Lar_q #469053 09/07/13 06:05 PM
Dagnome Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hooray for improvements! Dont worry I am sure we will tell you what doesn't get fixed, or what gets broke. smile

Last edited by Dagnome; 09/07/13 06:07 PM.

Moderated by  ForkTong, Issh, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard