Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#469592 17/07/13 09:06 PM
watser Offline OP
OP Offline
Watching the latest review videos of DC, there is one particular thing which has been irritating my eyes. The new voting icons when discussing with your councilors.

I liked the first design with a pair of balance, or was it scales. Albeit tiny and hard to spot at first, they suited the general design of the game, the new thumbs up/down does not, at all...

As an alternative, perhaps something like voting buttons like we have in our modern day parlaments? The hard part in this is to make them stand out enough so you will have no doubt whereas to vote, while not making them giant red panic buttons.

Or am I the only who thinks of these thumbs as hideous?

watser #469596 17/07/13 09:57 PM
stranger
stranger
I must agree. I know this sounds silly but the thumbs up/down system is so... mainstream. The scales, however, seem to fit the game more. If it were me I'd rather see something more within the game's theme. I'd understand the scales, but I get they might not be as clear.

Buttons seem OK, but what about levers, suiting the style of steampunk-ish airships and such? Red/green, shouldn't be that hard to miss methinks.

MrXLink #469621 18/07/13 03:31 AM
journeyman
journeyman
imo when you talk to your advisers about what's going on then decide upon it by choosing a random scale is retarded. :P not that it's bad but I didn't see any thumbs up or down thing and I think the scales would be better too myself. However in the role playing aspect, if you talk to one specific adviser and they say "Oh hai! We got this here issue, yes or no?" then you say, yes or no, although may be a slight bit more of an issue, I think would be something I'd prefer. :P Just my opinion though.

Nuju #469684 18/07/13 10:51 AM
journeyman
journeyman
I noticed the buttons with TB's play. The scales definitely fit better with the setting, or something steampunkish like what had already been said. However I think its most glaring because its slap bang in your face on the top of the screen. Honestly a small Aye or Nay in the bottom corners above the room selection area would be better.

I'm also known as Tovarah.
Inanna #469688 18/07/13 11:20 AM
journeyman
journeyman
I agree, no tumb should be there ... but lever for a decision ?

The place on the table should be great to say what it is (left = ok, middle = let's the majority decide, Right = No) ... For political reason, you may change it like the yes "button" in front of the concelor who asked for... But, it's ok.

For the tumb, it SHOULDN'T exist in this game, I do agree...

Moderated by  Issh, Larian_QA, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard