Next Thread
Print Thread
#469961 21/07/13 02:07 AM
N
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
N
Just wanted to get an update on what might be happening with character customization and whether or not we might be able to choose among different playable races. I do remember Swen having an interest in adding different playable races into the game, but did not have the resources at the time. However, after such a successful kickstarter and from paypal, I hope it would be possible for the developers to maybe add some different playable races. I know this fairly unlikely given the completion of the game at this point; though it could be possible in any expansions or even by some capable modders. biggrin

Anyway, I am not too familiar with the Divinity universe besides playing Divinity 2 and a bit of Divine Divinity. What I have noticed is that races fall under the usual dark fantasy category. So for the sake of conversation, what would everyone want to be able to play as if different playable races were an option in the future?

Support
Support

Other playable races were considered for one of the stretch goals, but didn't make the cut (presumably not enough perceived benefit for the amount of work to do right, considering a minority of people replay RPGs multiple times).

Raze #469964 21/07/13 05:43 AM
addict
addict
with the creation tools am sure others will make more races ^^

Ellary #469965 21/07/13 10:46 AM
Problem with several playable races is that they have to pretty much alter every single NPC in the game, depending on which race they are confronted with. That's a shit ton of work.

watser #469966 21/07/13 11:29 AM
addict
addict
good point~ that would mean more models to be done to fit the races and everything >.< but don't let this get ya down! cause like most games with creation tools there will be tons of things added fan made am sure! ^-^

Ellary #469972 21/07/13 02:02 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
imo it's not worth the amount of work they'd have to put in it. I'd rather see them work on other stuff.

That is not to say I wouldn't want this included. Ambitious modders might make this available later on. Who knows..

Look it stands to reason...You can't eat 'cos you don't have a stomach!
journeyman
journeyman
Queue ambitious moders laugh Here i come laugh

Death and glory!
N
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
N
We're counting on you Marius! biggrin

addict
addict
yeah it could be really fun to play a gobelin but adding races just for having new races is not really fun. What could be interesting is different options in different situations or in the dialogues regarding your race^^

"-Oh that's fullmoon, cuttie cuttie sheep
-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

Weresheeps will rule the world (At least one night every 29 days)
Chaotica #471816 08/08/13 06:50 AM
stranger
stranger
ah what would we do without our modding community

Though there be no squids to slay, my spear will taste blood today
Cktulica #471847 08/08/13 11:14 AM
addict
addict
Learn to mod for ourselves.

Unless otherwise specified, just an opinion or simple curiosity.

Link Copied to Clipboard