Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#470003 22/07/13 09:47 AM
Reki Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
We know that the combat is turn based for the most part, and I think it's been shown shooting a spell at some monster outside combat will trigger turn based combat. However, I've seen in the videos that you can shoot spells at other players like this...could it be that real time pvp could be done this way? It'd be interesting if it was an option.

Reki #470021 22/07/13 04:48 PM
Support
Support

The editor is going to be updated post release to support real time combat (since the engine/editor will be used for several future projects). D:OS isn't designed with PvP in mind, but mods may be able to change that.

Raze #470032 22/07/13 08:31 PM
Reki Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Originally Posted by Raze

The editor is going to be updated post release to support real time combat (since the engine/editor will be used for several future projects). D:OS isn't designed with PvP in mind, but mods may be able to change that.
oohh
that's quite an intriguing piece of info...thanks

Raze #470037 23/07/13 12:29 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast

Good to hear about this! I'm getting enthusiastic on this editor.

"There is no such thing as absolute freedom because we are still prisoners of society"
Raze #470777 02/08/13 10:43 AM
Real time combat, editor to be used for several future projects and possibility to mod for PvP - most interesting info I've encountered here in a long time.

Hopefully the community will pick up on PvP. The diversity of the builds that will come up will definitely test the skill/spell system devised. Of course, someone will always find that "epic killer" build.

Raze #470930 04/08/13 08:48 AM
apprentice
apprentice

That is delightful news, that they're building the editor for that kind of versatility (and that they have future projects in mind). Thanks for letting us know.

Arkham #471140 05/08/13 11:22 PM
R
apprentice
apprentice
R
Cool, I don't care much for PVP but I do like powerful editors being available to the public. Is the editor going to be released with the game or sometime after? I'm hoping to see some great work from all the talented people here. :p

Ragnin #471148 06/08/13 12:42 AM
Support
Support

The editor will be released with the game, with updates and additional content later.

Link Copied to Clipboard