Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Ragnin #471166 06/08/13 02:55 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Ragnin
Originally Posted by Regnox
true ^^ well if he thinks the game deserves a 6 fine. I just find the way he wrote it kind of bad (it's his first so he has a good excuse)...

I agree with the how bad that review sounded and made the game sound. I was somewhat shocked to see the 6/10. The reviewer made it sound like a 3 or 4/10 game. He did not put anything in the review to make you think he had any fun playing it. I also found the comparing it to AAA titles in bad taste since is not a AAA game.

I think he was expecting a lot, and when I mean a lot, I mean "revival of the golden era of RTS". One thing that bothers me in the review was the "Story". I believe review codes can only give you one chapter, but from his review, it looks like he completed the story? Either he's lying or he didn't give the game a chance.

From the tone of his introductory message, you could say he is very enthusiastic about the game, but it only ended up making his expectations short.

"There is no such thing as absolute freedom because we are still prisoners of society"
henryv #471173 06/08/13 03:23 AM
R
journeyman
journeyman
R
Originally Posted by henryv
Originally Posted by Ragnin
Originally Posted by Regnox
true ^^ well if he thinks the game deserves a 6 fine. I just find the way he wrote it kind of bad (it's his first so he has a good excuse)...

I agree with the how bad that review sounded and made the game sound. I was somewhat shocked to see the 6/10. The reviewer made it sound like a 3 or 4/10 game. He did not put anything in the review to make you think he had any fun playing it. I also found the comparing it to AAA titles in bad taste since is not a AAA game.

I think he was expecting a lot, and when I mean a lot, I mean "revival of the golden era of RTS". One thing that bothers me in the review was the "Story". I believe review codes can only give you one chapter, but from his review, it looks like he completed the story? Either he's lying or he didn't give the game a chance.

From the tone of his introductory message, you could say he is very enthusiastic about the game, but it only ended up making his expectations short.

Review codes get the full game, preview codes only had the first chapter. I agree though. Of course it isn't going to be a revival of the golden age of RTS as it's a multi-genre title. I don't think he did a bad review I just think he went in with the wrong expectations. It seems (don't want to say 100% till I get the full game) like a wonderful multi-genre release, although that kind of release calls for a bit of a sacrifice to each of the genres. Could the RTS be better? yes, but taken as a whole the game seems better than a more competent RTS that doesn't have the other modes.

X
apprentice
apprentice
X
http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/divinity-dragon-commander
Someone should slap them to include those 9/10 scores as well and change release date. Allowing user reviews may be a good idea too.

Xelrah #471289 06/08/13 11:16 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Xelrah
http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/divinity-dragon-commander
Someone should slap them to include those 9/10 scores as well and change release date. Allowing user reviews may be a good idea too.

oh yeah why does it say there june 2013 as release date

SniperHF #471417 06/08/13 05:15 PM
P
stranger
stranger
P
What did you guys do to piss Escapist off so bad?

I am at work and stuck behind a websense wall of oppression so I cannot read the review in its entirety. Was that a Jim Sterling review?

Parrk #471426 06/08/13 05:41 PM
Originally Posted by Parrk
What did you guys do to piss Escapist off so bad?

I am at work and stuck behind a websense wall of oppression so I cannot read the review in its entirety. Was that a Jim Sterling review?

The Escapist is always manufacturing garbage. I surprised they even got a review copy after reading Vincke's blog.

LordCrash #471452 06/08/13 07:24 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by LordCrash
Originally Posted by Inanna
Joe Vargas ‏@AngryJoeShow 8m

Next Angry Review - Divinity: Dragon Commander! https://twitter.com/AngryJoeShow/status/364521190347395072/photo/1

Angry Review coming up laugh

opa

horsey

cheer

Just my thoughts. I greatly respect the depth and transparency of his reviews. I often don't agree with his scores, but he touches on all the major points of a game making it easy to make up my own mind about buying it. (not that it matters in this case, as I already own DC wink Still, I'm very curious as to what his opinion will be)

* as usual this is imho (unless stated otherwise); feel free to disagree, ignore or try to change my mind. Agreeing with me is ofc also allowed, but makes for much worse flamewarsarguments.

It is a full moon night and ... bèèè! ... the Weresheep are out...
apprentice
apprentice
good to see its getting great reviews smile

Basilisk #472647 12/08/13 01:28 AM
veteran
veteran
And the AngryJoe review is done! Very funny and in-depth review, AngryJoe style. Fair verdict and good points. Watch it! smile

Edit: And my 500th post.... :P

Last edited by LordCrash; 12/08/13 01:45 AM.

WOOS
LordCrash #472649 12/08/13 01:45 AM
veteran
veteran
The Destructoid review is quite fair as well. And I love the concept art in the headline. smile

http://www.destructoid.com/review-divinity-dragon-commander-259314.phtml

[Linked Image]

WOOS
LordCrash #472650 12/08/13 02:17 AM
journeyman
journeyman
This game is getting praise and good scores and I am enjoying it myself. My question is though, why does it seem like there is only a couple dozen people playing the game online?

This is a fantastic game but it is a little disappointing how this game seems to be getting either passed by or ignored! I would like to know why. I have a few theories like underadvertising and such but even then, only maybe 50+ people on the leaderboard?

I REALLY hope more people play the game and spread awareness of this game. It is a lot of fun and is definitely worth the price, and then some!

Alastar #472694 12/08/13 12:20 PM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Alastar
This game is getting praise and good scores and I am enjoying it myself. My question is though, why does it seem like there is only a couple dozen people playing the game online?

This is a fantastic game but it is a little disappointing how this game seems to be getting either passed by or ignored! I would like to know why. I have a few theories like underadvertising and such but even then, only maybe 50+ people on the leaderboard?

I REALLY hope more people play the game and spread awareness of this game. It is a lot of fun and is definitely worth the price, and then some!

Well, I guess most people play the SP first and do not engage in MP yet....
And i even don't know if you see everyone on the lobby or just a part of the people playing the game....

WOOS
LordCrash #472698 12/08/13 12:40 PM
I'm not playing yet, I'm waiting for the physical release. :p

Join the Weresheep of Original Sin Facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/WeresheepOfOriginalSin
Dexyd #472705 12/08/13 02:41 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
I am absolutely disgusted by the shitstorm that is Angry Joe's comment section. I hate all of mankind.

Look it stands to reason...You can't eat 'cos you don't have a stomach!
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Rod Lightning
I am absolutely disgusted by the shitstorm that is Angry Joe's comment section. I hate all of mankind.

Don't read youtube comments.....it's not good for your health.... opa

meh

Last edited by LordCrash; 12/08/13 03:13 PM.

WOOS
LordCrash #472718 12/08/13 04:43 PM
Z
journeyman
journeyman
Z
Originally Posted by LordCrash
And the AngryJoe review is done! Very funny and in-depth review, AngryJoe style. Fair verdict and good points. Watch it! smile

Edit: And my 500th post.... :P

I have to agree with angry joe, needs more polish, and i think it was released too early. Otherwise it's a good game.

Zolee #472742 12/08/13 07:50 PM
stranger
stranger
The angry joe review does have some good points and i do agree with the rts but i love the game and god i love the music. I think this has been one of the best releases in a long time a game that does something different.

Alastar #472746 12/08/13 08:35 PM
K
apprentice
apprentice
K
Originally Posted by Alastar

because Larian split the community into 3+ parts by only providing a lobby for steambuyers and messing it up even further with bugged patch releases that didnt get released simultaniously and even rolled back once.

dont forget the horrible customer support for gog/vault users by Larian that put off even more people. those did indeed spread awareness of the game but rightfully in a very negative way.

so there are litterally just some steam users left that are playing against themselves over and over again in ladder and public.

again it is not a problem of the game itself or that there arent enough buyers (i think because of what follows). its just messed up customer support and the inability to play together with everyone that bought the game full price.

there are about a dozen customers right here in my clan including me that would have played MP pretty much every night but we just cant since we bought from a different vendor.
of course only Larian has the real sale numbers from gog/vault/steam but seeing that my few(non steam) clanplayers alone would make up for round about a fifth of the current steam ladder...

on topic:
didnt hear anything about the above in his review. think he should have read up more customer reviews on that game too. it should have influenced his score and its not like its unknown. you can read about that pretty much on every vendor or forum for dc, even amazon.

Last edited by Killer-Bee; 12/08/13 08:49 PM.
Killer-Bee #472762 12/08/13 11:04 PM
G
apprentice
apprentice
G
yeah, a great game being shackled by it's 1% of work done wrong before release.
i had to give a gog user (1.0.18, which is missing on the vault) the patch from the vault (1.0.20, which doesen't exist on gog yet) that we could play together without desynchs.
i am completely disagreeing with angry joe about the rts part. i find it nearly perfect (only formation orders and auto-cast of unit abilities are missing) and definately better than supreme commander even. i find it puzzling to criticise unit looks in a good rts where you look at unit mini-icons most of the time (no, i find starcraft 2 not good, as a player).
this could have been a great esports title.

Last edited by g113276; 12/08/13 11:11 PM.
g113276 #472773 13/08/13 02:14 AM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by g113276

i am completely disagreeing with angry joe about the rts part. i find it nearly perfect (only formation orders and auto-cast of unit abilities are missing) and definately better than supreme commander even. i find it puzzling to criticise unit looks in a good rts where you look at unit mini-icons most of the time (no, i find starcraft 2 not good, as a player).
this could have been a great esports title.

Well, I think we have to differentiate between SP and MP here. I do think that the RTS is cool for MP because the mechanics are cool and everyone has the same basis.

But it's different if you play against AI because the AI is capable of things many humans are not. So while the concept is great for MP it's somehow lacking in SP where you have to fight the same fights with the same units and against the same units over and over again, often on maps you already know....

WOOS
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  ForkTong, Issh, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard