Print Thread
#471475 06/08/13 09:01 PM
R
Rack Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
R
I've played a bit of the single player campaign and am quite enjoying it so far. One thing that has me a touch concerned though is the way the political dilemmas are framed. A country will propose a bill and 3 factions will support it, 2 will oppose it (or vice versa). It feels a bit like you should always support the majority as that will give you the greatest bonus to your relations.

Does anyone who's had a bit more chance to play know if it really is that simple?

Rack #471478 06/08/13 09:05 PM
veteran
veteran
It's not that simple. You have to think about the actual consequences of the decision beyond just whether it will improve your standing with more races than you lose. Decisions can cost you money, or give you increased research points, stuff like that.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Originally Posted by Stabbey
It's not that simple. You have to think about the actual consequences of the decision beyond just whether it will improve your standing with more races than you lose. Decisions can cost you money, or give you increased research points, stuff like that.

lol found that out the hard way

had to restart due to so many - pop and luck lol

journeyman
journeyman
You can also, being me, try to imagine what the would-be-emperor feels is the right decision, aside from what is the one most likely to win the war. My dragon commander has a touch of idealism, so he wouldn't gladly employ means contrary to his ultimate goals.

People who enjoy doing that normally won't need me prompting them, though; just thought I'd bring it up.

The dwarves don't like me (much), and no wonder: They're not nice. (I'm sure they are nuanced, though, once you look beyond their prominent representative.)

N
apprentice
apprentice
N
the thing that annoys me about it is no matter what decision you make it always feels like the wrong one. I get it, in politics there's no easy answers, but basically after each decision the game rubs it in your face basically say "YOU PICKED WRONG HAHA YOU SUCK" while whoever liked your decision will just be like "Yea... whatever, thanks, you still suck"

My generals on the other hand are constantly praising my 100% victories, though they pretty much constantly repeat themselves so it feels dull.

Last edited by Nokturnel; 07/08/13 12:21 AM.
R
Rack Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
R
Originally Posted by Sinister
You can also, being me, try to imagine what the would-be-emperor feels is the right decision, aside from what is the one most likely to win the war. My dragon commander has a touch of idealism, so he wouldn't gladly employ means contrary to his ultimate goals.

People who enjoy doing that normally won't need me prompting them, though; just thought I'd bring it up.

The dwarves don't like me (much), and no wonder: They're not nice. (I'm sure they are nuanced, though, once you look beyond their prominent representative.)

Oddly enough this is why I wasn't much concerned about the mechanic in previews as I expected myself to go with my heart on these decisions. Instead I've found the narrative has placed me in the role of peacekeeper and it feels more important for me to build unity between the nations and prevent further wars than to impose my own ideals.

Rack #471554 07/08/13 07:07 AM
G
stranger
stranger
G
Politics is art of compromises. Between You and Other races.

Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm Possible!”

Moderated by  ForkTong, Issh, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard