Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
E
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
E
After playing through chapter 1 and into chapter 2, I wonder if the influence of your generals on the autoresolve outcome is too low.
It usually influences the battle in the range of a few percent.
(I know that they influence different unit types and the exact number therefore depends on the type of units you use)
Considering that you have to pay them gold, they seem a bit underpowered.
Or do I need a reasonably large army (more than, say 5-8 units) to make them useful?

Last edited by El Zoido; 07/08/13 01:47 PM.
veteran
veteran
I think it gets more pronounced the more they improve.

E
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
E
Well, I have to pay them 5-8 gold, which is substantial esp. in the early parts of Chapter 1 and 2 (I'm not far into chapter 2 yet), so Generals don't seem very useful to me, if they only give a bonus of a few percent.

Last edited by El Zoido; 07/08/13 02:06 PM.
addict
addict
Not by a lot, though. At least not enough for me to find it worth paying their wages to use one for no more than a 3% shift unless I was swimming in gold.

Unless otherwise specified, just an opinion or simple curiosity.
R
journeyman
journeyman
R
Once you get really far in their arcs they can make a huge difference, although their wages increase as well (I had them charging me 30 gold per battle!). They are good when you have to win a combat that turn and need that edge but otherwise they get a bit too expensive and not worth their gold in units.

apprentice
apprentice
if you think 5 gold is expensive wait till you get further along. i think near the end of my campaign i was paying them like 30 gold to fight battles... Then again by that time i was typically making 200+ gold each turn.

Moderated by  ForkTong, Issh, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard