Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
... And I'm both happy and quite disappointed ...

I will begin with the happiness : (Spoiler alert)

- I left the power to my belowed Dwarf advisor
- My beloved Loannah found a nice place for me to spend my peace time
- Three generals were happy with me and became better mens (and womens)
- I enjoyed the choices, and ruled as a nice guy, without thinking of anything like making huge progress ...

but, some problems occured for me :

- No boss... We are a huge dragon, and in the end, with everything researched, we could use our foes as dragon chewing toys ... No true challenge when the dragon is out in the wild. The brothers may have taken the lead, when we attacked their capital... Like after destroying the town ?
- The story is quite less complicated than what I expected : Big demon and me ... and that's all ...
- You can use only one commander pro turn (maybe it's a bug ?)
- (not tested yet) the replayability seems to be quite easy : each princess has "two" possible end, you can have made some pact with the Demon (not tested at all) which may (maybe?) change the last part of the game. You can do something with the generals, and take some bad decisions ... But only a few. I have to try a new campaign to see this changes.. But I hope the problems presented will be different.
- Why can't we bed one of our generals ? (just kidding here)
- You can't visit your wife everyday ... Just to say hi ?
- Maxos lines everyturns... Is it necessary ?
- As you don't have a "time limit" on act 1 and 2, you may research everything pretty easily.
- Naval battle ... You should be able to transform if you go in it... Yes, it may be overpowered, BUT it means you fight THIS one, and not another ...

Finally, I enjoyed my game, truly, but hope some improvement will be made in order to make this game "Drawesomegoner"

addict
addict
My only comment (for I have little time) is that you finished the campaign in the officially launched game, not the beta (a.k.a. wrong subforum)

Unless otherwise specified, just an opinion or simple curiosity.
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
EinTroll, it's on purpose ... In order to comment what development could be done, and not wanting to ill advertise this game. It's pretty great, and I don't want someone to read it and say "pwah, I don't want to play it then".

X
apprentice
apprentice
X
Everyone can see beta forum though.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Sure, but it's not in the technical problems ^^

Moderated by  Issh, Larian_QA, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard