Print Thread
#472155 09/08/13 03:52 PM
R
Rack Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
R
I started a custom campaign after completing the regular campaign but the RTS portions are completely impossible. The most glaring issue is that all the AI forces are involved in every battle, even if they are not present. To compound this problem they don't ever attack each other, only me. On top of that the AI seems to be several notches harder than the 3rd chapter of the campaign, completely abusing the already broken Trooper building capture ability to capture all my buildings in a fashion I can't possibly defend against.

I'm on the latest patch of GoG if that makes a difference.

old hand
old hand
There's a couple of things we're doing on the custom campaigns - if all goes well, there will be a patch live on Steam soon which allows you to modify the rules of the custom campaign, and it will be propagated soon to GOG. Then we'll have an update for the strategy AI which will make it a lot better. And finally, we'll release new custom campaign maps. All coming in the very near future once we finished testing it.

addict
addict
And what difficulty?

Unless otherwise specified, just an opinion or simple curiosity.
R
Rack Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
R
Normal difficulty, fortunately I have a correction, all of this happened on the Draconia map (which has 3 players by default) When I tried the something something Arena map with 4 players it worked differently, when I engaged an opponent none of the other AI were involved in the battle. I was curious to see if it would translate to 2 v 2 rather than 2 v 1.

Oh and it's great to hear you're still expanding the game Lar_q, in particular I'm excited about the custom rules making it over. I was sad to have to choose between them and the narrative. Improved campaign AI is also very exciting.

veteran
veteran
Swen, will it be possible in the future to apply the rules modifications to the three-chapter story campaign?

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Lar_q
There's a couple of things we're doing on the custom campaigns - if all goes well, there will be a patch live on Steam soon which allows you to modify the rules of the custom campaign, and it will be propagated soon to GOG. Then we'll have an update for the strategy AI which will make it a lot better. And finally, we'll release new custom campaign maps. All coming in the very near future once we finished testing it.

thanks for the update smile

Moderated by  ForkTong, Issh, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard