Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
I have seen a Devastator's projectiles explode immediately upon being fired, causing splash damage to the Devastator that fired the projectile.

I believe I've only seen this happen in Besiege mode, where the point in space from which the projectile launches seems to be lower.

This caused great consternation when, seeing my Devastators losing health and seeing explosions going off all around them, I searched in vain for some sneaky bomber balloons or warlocks that I'd missed, but found no enemies in range.

I saw this in 1.0.33.

stranger
stranger
I believe the game engine takes terrain into consideration. If so, it's possible that it wasn't firing at the ground so much as it was firing onto elevated terrain.

For example: I recall my Juggernauts missing targets because they were trying to shoot targets on the other side of a mountain. In RTS such as Starcraft the projectiles would just go through the mountain. In Dragon Commander, the shots collided with the mountain.

I imagine the projectile physics are designed such with the Dragon in mind. It does add some nice strategic depth as well.

Last edited by IlluminaZero; 16/08/13 05:10 AM.
journeyman
journeyman
It's annoying that units repeat failed shots when none of the circumstances have changed. I had a juggernaut with 5-8 readily available targets and a turret behind a wall, and whenever it eliminated an explicitly given target it reverted to shooting at the turret and hitting the wall instead. I have to go back there every ten seconds to make it shoot at a relevant target.

When an automatically acquired target cannot be hit by a shot, the shot should be held, or an available target should be fired upon instead.

When a target is explicitly specified, units should wait for a clear shot/reposition for a clear shot.

When a stationary target cannot be shot from the current position, the unit should move if able, and otherwise warn you/refuse the order. (That's impossible commander.)

Moderated by  ForkTong, Issh, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard