Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#473444 21/08/13 10:24 PM
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
you try like crazy to save every malachite gem you get your hands on. of course, as soon as you begin getting the formulas for the health regens......you can't help but enchant your jewelry with them. is there anyone in the game that can transform the malachite rock into gems? I just got the magic damage and melee damage formulas....100WD....and I can't use them! I'm crying in my armor here! ......cut a steel swinger some slack, HUH!

really..though......it would have been nice if your enchanter could do this after you gave him the ultimate power piece....for a king's ransom, of course {I don't want it to be too easy} Hee...Hee

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
I have been playing this game ever since I got it......I absolutely freak'in love it! ......a definite winner in my book smile

Support
Support

No, there is no way to refine the ore into gems. There are gems as quest rewards, for purchase (as preset items; nobody restocks them), loot, or randomly from malachite veins. In Flames of Vengeance quests that have random gems in the reward list can give malachite gems.

I stuck to level 9 enchantments, just using malachite gems on level 10 healing auras. In DKS I ended up with 65 malachite gems at the end of the game (half from FoV), so my next game I'm going to use enchantment formula that need then more often, or not bother reloading at veins or turning in FoV quests.

The Dragon Knight Saga FAQ/Guide contains a section on malachite gems (as does the Divinity 2: Ego Draconis All-Purpose Guide for the original release).

I'm getting close to the end of the game and have not used a single gem/ore/charm or what ever. Heck I even didn't touch many potions. should I?

Join the Weresheep of Original Sin Facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/WeresheepOfOriginalSin
Support
Support

I didn't use any charms and only a couple malachite gems when I played through DKS as an archer (I suspect I might need more healing auras if I ever get around to playing an unarmed warrior, though). I used enchantment ingredients, but if you don't need them there is no reason to. I played on nightmare and stopped distributing stat points after level 15; had that not been enough to keep things interesting, I probably would have stopped using certain types of armour rather than not use enchantments.

I used more alchemy ingredients than I needed to, mostly to free up inventory space before getting the battle tower and have spare potions just in case I ran into trouble. I probably would have been fine with just looted potions. Actually, after I got the battle tower I ended up selling a bunch of different sized healing and rejuvenation potions potions I had collected to clean up my inventory and only focus on the largest potions I could make; I didn't need potions frequently, but when I did there wasn't any point being stingy with them (after the beginning of the game, anyway).

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
there really aren't that many in the game...I try to hold them, but I end up using them. I don't know how you guys do it......no charms or potions....I use them like candy!

I have the first divine divinity, beyond divinity, D.D. ego draconis and F.O.V. I don't have the dragon Knight saga....I want to get them all wink I had forgotten that we had beyond divinity, and I have been playing it of late.....too much stuff to carry and everyone's broke!

the highest level I've attained is 35. I am a steel swinger.....but I also use the bow quite a bit.

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
I was just looking over that guide Raze.......what a wealth of information! thank you very much, it's a very nice birthday present smile

Support
Support

Since you have the PC versions of D2:ED and FoV, check out the topic Divinity 2: Developer's Cut and Anthology on Steam. You may be able to get an upgrade to the Developer's Cut version from the Larian Vault (which is essentially DKS with an added, optional, 'Developer Mode' cheat window). Eventually this offer will expire.

For Beyond Divinity, the BF merchant inventories are reset each time you enter the BF (unless you are playing an unpatched original release), so you can always get rid of your excess loot there. They can hold on to stuff you sell them, though, which can stay at the top of their list (making it harder to see the new stuff and reducing the amount of new stuff), so I usually tried to sell everything to Annabelle, since she mostly just has potions.

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
thanks......I'll look into it wink

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard