Larian Banner
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 18 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 17 18
Joined: Apr 2013
A
apprentice
Offline
apprentice
A
Joined: Apr 2013
One thing that seems like could use some work is the latest gossip. It seems to repeat all the time. If anyone played Arena, the first elder scrolls game, I liked their system. It would randomly at times tell you about a person looking for treasure or had found a map or some quest. If you talked to that person you could get information that could lead you on a treasure hunt or a secondary quest. The gossip system seem like something such as that could be utilized in that manner.

Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Soviet Empire
Kein Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Soviet Empire
They are random but they do kinda repeat, yeah

Joined: Jan 2009
veteran
Offline
veteran
Joined: Jan 2009
  • You and the enemies can attack from distances that seem a little far apart for them to be hitting each other. Especially when one of them is a tiny crab.
  • You can close the distance by one more step, but that doesn't increase your chances to hit. I think that if you step closer, it should increase the chance to be hit and to BE hit.
  • I have to test this more to verify, but it's not always clear what your angle is to land a backstab. Also sometime when you're circling enemies, they turn with you to keep you in front of them. That's okay, but once I did that to the matriarch crab, it followed me as I walked around, and I backstabbed it in the face.
  • "Ghost Boxer Fight":
    I felt like a bit of a jerk after the Shempo? Ghost boxer fight. I thought it was just going to be a friendly brawl to test my strength, if I win he’d congratulate me, but I actually killed him. That made me sad.

    Also, if that does get changed to a friendly fight, it should be 1 on 1, either:

    A) Your partner shouldn’t participate (and if they do that’s kinda cheating and you get LESS XP for winning if your partner attacks the ghost).

    or the easier way,

    B) The ghost boxer says it's okay to take you both on at once, and make him a suitable challenge to do so. That might involve two versions of the ghost, depending on if the other player is nearby, though: a one-player and two-player version.
  • I solved the Burial Mound puzzle! That was really very clever, well done! That's the kind of thinking person's puzzle I like to see in a game.
  • I like the tougher fights in the northern forest part of the map, those big fights are a lot more fun than they were before.



Oddities with the Conversation system:

Rod: I want to do things this way! [will give Trait 1]
Scarlett: Well, I want to do them the other way! [will give Trait 2]
Rod: Intimidate / Reason / Charm / Fine, we'll do it your way.

If you pick "Fine, we'll do it your way!", Rod still gets the bonus for [Trait 1], even though he gave in and agreed with Scarlett. I'm not sure if that's intentional or not.

I'll also note that if Rod continued to disagree, Scarlett only has Intimidate / Reason / Charm, she doesn't get the option to give in.


A couple thoughts on the Gravestones:

These are there to mark spots where an enemy has been gibbed. This is useful because some enemies (Lighthouse Horror, for one) will resurrect other enemies, even gibbed ones. It is a bit odd seeing gravestones pop into existence out of nowhere. I think the oddity is because they look too real.

"With training, many magic users can sense where someone or something has recently died."

What if the gravestones looked unreal, like glowing blue or semi-transparent and blue. Or possibly cut out the middleman entirely? Enemies killed by non-gibbing attacks do leave normal corpses, don't they? Maybe apply a transparent-blue-glowing filter to that of a corpse at the spot where a monster was gibbed?


Last edited by Stabbey; 20/12/13 07:24 PM. Reason: gravestones
Joined: Jun 2013
stranger
Offline
stranger
Joined: Jun 2013
You might be aware of this already, but it would be great if weapon tooltips would say if it's a one handed weapon or a two handed weapon. Like, this weapon might be a one-hander due to its low AP cost or a two-hander due to its fairly high damage compared to my two handed sword.
[Linked Image]

Last edited by Alphamonkee; 20/12/13 09:08 PM. Reason: Spoilered to save space
Joined: Dec 2013
B
stranger
Offline
stranger
B
Joined: Dec 2013
1) Has anyone figured out how lockpicking works yet?

2) Is there a way to dismiss a companion? I have Jahan in my party and every time I try to break a door or lock he goes into combat with me. If I kill him, combat ends, and he resurrects again, only to go into combat with him again immediately smirk

Joined: Jan 2009
veteran
Offline
veteran
Joined: Jan 2009
Buy the Lockpicking skill book from the arrow seller in Cyseal market.


Joined: Dec 2013
apprentice
Offline
apprentice
Joined: Dec 2013
Flee Combat Button at wrong place

Her shield too large

Huge Friendly Fire Damage from Spells that one shot, waring message box please

Escape key doesnt close inventory dialog

Skill Tooltips overlap the AP Bar in Combat

Warrior Skills should not be weapon based i dont know, think up something better then that, fighting styles, stances, whatever.

Indicators who has new dialog?

Indicators for "used containers" (signs of use, open top etc.

Too much dialog on random npcs. Mark them in a different color clear as "optional"#

Can't find above the barracks

Joined: Apr 2013
Location: Netherlands
member
Offline
member
Joined: Apr 2013
Location: Netherlands
Originally Posted by Janju
Flee Combat Button at wrong place

Her shield too large

Huge Friendly Fire Damage from Spells that one shot, waring message box please

Escape key doesnt close inventory dialog

Skill Tooltips overlap the AP Bar in Combat

Warrior Skills should not be weapon based i dont know, think up something better then that, fighting styles, stances, whatever.

Indicators who has new dialog?

Indicators for "used containers" (signs of use, open top etc.

Too much dialog on random npcs. Mark them in a different color clear as "optional"#

Can't find above the barracks


come on.. you seriously want everything chewed and layed out for you when playing a game. The fact of not knowing where to go, talking to everyone, searching through everything.. thats the joy of these kind of games. Warning for friendly fire shouldnt be needed.. thats the risk, though i would agree that at some spells they 100% certainly should show more clearly what area the dmg is :P

the arguments that are left after that.. agreed on those :P



Butler at WoOS - Weresheeps unite!
Joined: Dec 2013
R
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
R
Joined: Dec 2013
[Linked Image]

2 mins and I felt I need to write feedback about the UI.

1. High Res doesn't mean smaller font. Please. I don't know who came up with this trend but I can read a 7-11 receipt better than the character creation font. Straining one's eyes isn't exactly an enjoyable experience.

2. Pre-Set skills are fine but give us a button to reset all to 0. Don't make me click 10 times just to redistribute points.

Joined: Jun 2013
old hand
Offline
old hand
Joined: Jun 2013
Originally Posted by Timeraider
Warning for friendly fire shouldnt be needed.. thats the risk,


There is already a warning anyway. When targeting a spell you can see what creatures will be hit in the radius will be hit including your own team by the red highlight. The only thing you can't see is Line of sight concerns, but that only takes one mistake to figure out ouch

I also like how your casts can be blocked by terrain and objects in the same way.

Joined: Dec 2013
apprentice
Offline
apprentice
Joined: Dec 2013
I think that this is the start of the game it will drive people on youtube, forums and so on. You just want to find that mage and get distrated by all petty problems like that cats love intrest story. I mean guys i love all that stuff, but i also love to finish stuff and i hate it when i have to find something basic while getting 20 quests. I think thats a horrible start for an RPG. Something like a huge mega quest hub with 100 people to talk to is something for mid game, but not something for the first 30mins of playing.

After playing additional 30 minutes i still couldnt find him. I hate it.

Last edited by Janju; 20/12/13 11:43 PM.
Joined: Apr 2013
stranger
Offline
stranger
Joined: Apr 2013
But that is the fun of the game. No lon explanation and hand holding you just start and do whatever you want to do. And this is how the game is advertised so I see no problem there.

Joined: Dec 2013
apprentice
Offline
apprentice
Joined: Dec 2013
I know Ancoron. Its all nice and good, but you have to consider "normal" people. Or people who want to get something done because they can only afford to play an hour or so a day. All i am saying is that this is not a good start for such a game or an alpha. I loved the experiance till i entered the town. I havent had a battle in over an hour of gameplay. Boring.

Joined: Apr 2013
stranger
Offline
stranger
Joined: Apr 2013
So you say only the combat makes the game good? Must there always be action going on on the screen?
Must there always be a purpouse to what we do? I really enjoy the game and exploring the town, chatting with the townspeople and such. If you want to have combat you need to leave the city outside the citywalls is enough combat.

Joined: Dec 2013
apprentice
Offline
apprentice
Joined: Dec 2013
Another thing. Identified Houses, PIO or other notable entities should get auto-markers on the map.

I guess its not a good idea to do random combat while abandoing the main quest Ancoron. Anyways i am off to the wild star stress test.

Last edited by Janju; 21/12/13 12:04 AM.
Joined: Jan 2009
veteran
Offline
veteran
Joined: Jan 2009
Originally Posted by Janju
I think that this is the start of the game it will drive people on youtube, forums and so on. You just want to find that mage and get distrated by all petty problems like that cats love intrest story. I mean guys i love all that stuff, but i also love to finish stuff and i hate it when i have to find something basic while getting 20 quests. I think thats a horrible start for an RPG. Something like a huge mega quest hub with 100 people to talk to is something for mid game, but not something for the first 30mins of playing.

After playing additional 30 minutes i still couldnt find him. I hate it.



I have an idea. No one likes compass arrows, but what if when you are asked to go to a SPECIFIC location somewhere for a quest, like Arhu asking you to meet him in the barracks, or Aureus telling you about the Lighthouse, Burial Mounds, and Church, the X,Y coordinates for that place appear in your journal entry?

(This would not apply for non-specific locations, like "find Dietmar", obviously.)

It doesn't tell you specifically where the places are, or what you'll find nearby, but it gives you both a general direction and distance to the location from your current position.

Thoughts?

Originally Posted by Janju
Another thing. Identified Houses, PIO or other notable entities should get auto-markers on the map.


I agree, that was in Divine Divnity, I assume it'll get added in later.

Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Soviet Empire
Kein Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Soviet Empire
Originally Posted by rk47

1. High Res doesn't mean smaller font.

http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=474270#Post474270

Joined: Dec 2012
Location: BCN
member
Offline
member
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: BCN
Hello, at first I'we seen 2 things:
I was able to enter the abadonded house via a window. Is it normal? Just because it is not animated, so looks strange. smile
Second: the imp teleports me away and during the discussion a dog appeares next to us and goes away.
Maybe both normal, sorry if someone already mentioned it.


-----------------

Check out our homepage for the actual status of our DOS2 localization project (Hungarian).
https://www.morrohun.hu/divinity-original-sin-2/
Contact us in case you want to help!
Joined: Dec 2013
apprentice
Offline
apprentice
Joined: Dec 2013
1. I think the best not mood breaking solution for my house finding problem would be if i could ask for directions. Then people should answer like, go north, west and stuff. That would all those randam unnamed npcs a reason to exist.

Signs with Street Names would also help.

2. Map exploration is not saved, very annoying.

3. Music from 1st floor King Crap should not be used in taverns, it should be used when something cool is happeing. Like someone does a mega spell to finish of a end boss or something.

4. Companion is not spawned at the right position when zoning (for example using stairs)

5. Mousewheel Events are not captured by open map, user expects focused dialogs to capture events (esc, keys, mousewheel, etc.)

6. Kitty Love
The quest says i found a collor after defeating a crab. Its not in my inventory. I cannot seem to be able to give it to sam. The craps spawned gravestones when they died. Filler artwork?

7. I dont understand how you buy items from vendors in this game.

8. Map information these information needs to be added as optional overlay:
-> Important People, people are moving, just where they can be found most of the time.
-> Important Places
Both of these things need to be auto added when you first found them. I am really starting to get crazy because i ran arround over 3 hours in that town but can't find esmeralda although i talked to her once. *sigh* Someone hat the koordinates at hand? Found her 321, 190 or something

9. Visual Armor Options
-> Checkbox for all items in the paper doll if they should be shown on the character please



Btw guys sorry if i sounded negativ in my posts. I love the game!
My rating so far would be very good.

Last edited by Janju; 21/12/13 11:33 AM.
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: BCN
member
Offline
member
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: BCN
I just checked and my GPU was burning a bit. laugh I have a GTX660ti and it was 57 degrees. smile


-----------------

Check out our homepage for the actual status of our DOS2 localization project (Hungarian).
https://www.morrohun.hu/divinity-original-sin-2/
Contact us in case you want to help!
Page 8 of 18 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5