Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 30 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 29 30
Regnox #478763 19/01/14 12:28 PM
S
stranger
stranger
S
Swen told it was preferable to start a new game after an update..
I know it's a pain, but hey we're still in alpha wink

enthusiast
enthusiast
Somehow the Show Items button (default: Alt) has stopped working for me.

(Known bug) Some equipped and unequipped weapons have gone permanently missing after loading the game.

Not sure if this qualifies as a technical issue, but if you dig out the dead Ork without the mourning Ork showing you the location first, it has nothing in its inventory.
The mourning Ork also attacks other Orks if you lure them towards him.

Last edited by eidolon; 19/01/14 01:27 PM.
E
stranger
stranger
E
The save problem is still there.

Originally Posted by Sondaal

V
stranger
stranger
V
Originally Posted by Sondaal

The problem outright is Save games aren't loading for many of us in the current build and by that I mean starting a new game and saving and reloading that save.
We can't play unless we leave the game running continously 24hrs day in day out so we don't have to shut it down.

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
***Ill post this here also. I have this in my other thread but this is relevant to this discussion also***

Ok so I put in about 15 hours worth of play time. Saved the game late last night. Played a new game today since the saved one was a coop game with a friend.

The new game crashed while I was trying out crafting. No problem I saved it right before that. Tried to load the game. Crash. Tried again. Crash

Tried to load my game from last night. Crash. Tried to load any game. Crash

Did a file check. Crash.

Deleted the game entirely. Still Crash.

Deleted EVERYTHING related to this game from my hard drive. I was then able to actually start a game again. However after I saved it and tried to load it again. Crash. Basically I can play the game but only as long as I never quit or it does not crash.

Well im trying everything I can to track down the issue. My home PC is pretty nice. Its got a 660ti, 16gb DDR3, Asrock p67 extreme mobo, and an I5 2500k CPU. I tried everything above to no avail. So I also have a nice gaming laptop. Asus G75 series. It has an I7 3630 QM, 8gb DDR3, and a 670MX. Desktop is Win7 / Laptop is Win8.1

So on the desktop I deleted everything DOS related. Tried starting a new game and saving it. Was unable to load that save. So I started the game on my laptop and was able to start it just fine. Made a save and was able to load the save. So I copied my save files from the desktop and put them on the laptop. These files caused the game to crash.

So there is something wrong with saved files is what I am leaning towards. The only thing I cannot explain is why do new saves on the desktop crash also. New files on the laptop do not crash, or at least haven't yet.

Anymore info I could give to try and help PLEASE ASK! I want to play so bad. This was the most fun ive had gaming in a LONG time. Such a great co-op game!!!!

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
Game crashes on trying to load saved game or start new game. It sends error reports, but patches haven't addressed it. It doesn't seem to be related to the graphics drivers (my onboard are up to date, and using my graphics card results in the same issue).

I'm not writing because I'm upset at not being able to play; I'm writing so that maybe I can help figure out the crash and get it fixed. If there's some information I can provide, let me know.

stranger
stranger
Any recent developments on save games not loading? Reinstalled game twice - still no dice. - 2 other crashes - once after raining out burning ship and talking to pablo, once when was attacked by ogre on beach and ran into town - guards attacked me, shut gate with ogre in town then crash.
Running Win 7 home prem 64.
AMD FX 6300 - 3.5 ghz and 6 core
8 mb RAM, AMD Radeon 7800
Direct X 11
Realize this is an alpha - but I am trying to do the various tasks - crafting and stealing and saving game before actions but getting killed so a reload would be appreciated.
Have tried to reload save from EoCApp - still getting error and crash out of game

Last edited by Benwa69; 20/01/14 05:52 PM. Reason: adding info
T
stranger
stranger
T
Hi, Me and my friend is both crashing when trying to craft potions/explosive arrows, and charming arrow (once)

just letting you know smile and maybe if there is a fix ^^ i'll become a very happy guy smile

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Originally Posted by TorMentAr
Hi, Me and my friend is both crashing when trying to craft potions/explosive arrows, and charming arrow (once)

just letting you know smile and maybe if there is a fix ^^ i'll become a very happy guy smile

This is a known and well documented crafting bug. It is high priority. It is caused by crafting an item that stacks that you already have in your inventory.

journeyman
journeyman
Hey, the game crashed after telling Desdemona what Samson (I don´t know whether it´s the correct name - the ghost in the lighthouse) did.

Spiegelberg! He, Spiegelberg! Die Bestie hoert nicht.
H
stranger
stranger
H
I can't even start my game. I try to launch it in Steam but it crashes immediately. I got XP and the game should be able play on XP. I update my computer regularly to so I don't know what else there is.

Originally Posted by Henrik_Viking
I can't even start my game. I try to launch it in Steam but it crashes immediately. I got XP and the game should be able play on XP. I update my computer regularly to so I don't know what else there is.

If you are running a 32-bit version of windows, that is very likely to be the cause. Larian knows about this and has previously stated that this is a (very) high priority bug they're working on to fix.

Weresheep of Original Sin: Facebook | homepage (WIP wink )
sheep is the plural of sheep oops
H
stranger
stranger
H
Originally Posted by Robrecht

If you are running a 32-bit version of windows, that is very likely to be the cause. Larian knows about this and has previously stated that this is a (very) high priority bug they're working on to fix.

OK. I'll just have to wait until that bug is resolved then smile

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
I use a 2560x1440 screen, which is a fairly common resolution these days. The game does not detect any available resolutions in the settings. It instead appears to run in possibly 1200x800, with black borders on the sides, exactly the same as in Dragon Commander.

Will this be fixed in the final release?

Support
Support

Try right clicking the executable and run the game as administrator (..\SteamApps\common\Divinity - Original Sin\Shipping\EoCApp.exe). That helped someone in Divinity 2 that had missing resolutions (though in that case it was only higher resolutions that were missing).

Did you try changing the display mode to fake fullscreen or windowed?

You can also try deleting/renaming the graphicSettings.lsx file (..\users\%username%\My Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin), and see if getting the game to recreate it will fix the resolution options.

Try changing your desktop resolution, and see if that gets any resolutions added to the dropdown list in the game settings (though the game will not list anything higher than your current desktop resolution).

You can edit the graphicSettings.lsx in Wordpad, or other text editor, to manually change the resolution. Search for the section:

</node>
<node id="ConfigEntry">
<attribute id="MapKey" value="ScreenHeight" type="22" />
<attribute id="Type" value="0" type="5" />
<attribute id="Value" value="1600" type="4" />
</node>
<node id="ConfigEntry">
<attribute id="MapKey" value="ScreenWidth" type="22" />
<attribute id="Type" value="0" type="5" />
<attribute id="Value" value="2560" type="4" />
</node>

Raze #479259 21/01/14 05:14 PM
E
stranger
stranger
E
any news for the loading save problem?

elmor #479270 21/01/14 05:45 PM
B
B

Just a heads-up, Microsoft will stop supporting XP in April this year. So it might be time to start thinking about installing a newer operating system.

Originally Posted by elmor
any news for the loading save problem?

Swen has stated that they are aware of this bug and that they're going to release a hotfix any day now.

Raze #479273 21/01/14 06:04 PM
Z
stranger
stranger
Z
Running as administrator had no effect.

Editing graphicsSettings.lsx did not work, and the default values (800x600) were reset each game restart.

Fake fullscreen had no effect. Windowed neither - it appeared to run in 800x600 as well.

Switching to 1920x1080 as my display's resolution in Windows did work. This is undesirable though - 1920x1080 on a 27" screen is not pretty. I can not remember a non-ancient game that forced me to do that. Do you think it will be fixed?

V
stranger
stranger
V
Build: 1.0.93.0

Still unable to load a save game past and present builds.

With latest build I get this pop up message when trying to save a game.

"Save Game Failed(copy to Level cache Failed)Please report this."

Last edited by Volkira; 21/01/14 07:26 PM.
E
stranger
stranger
E
For me the same...This situation is really annoying. I have to test a game doying everytime the same thing because i cannot save or load anything?

Originally Posted by Volkira
Build: 1.0.93.0

Still unable to load a save game past and present builds.

With latest build I get this pop up message when trying to save a game.

"Save Game Failed(copy to Level cache Failed)Please report this."

Page 9 of 30 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 29 30

Link Copied to Clipboard