Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
bGRoman Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
So since it looks like there is no thread for this already, I thought I'd go ahead and make one. I would like to keep it organized so I'd like to please ask you guys to simply edit your post instead of creating a new one and to avoid derailing into conversations. I am currently posting stuff I've already posted in a different thread, but from now on I am gonna be editing this list instead and will continue adding to it here.

Bugs:
-Map gets wiped after a save and load
-There's a terrain glitch on one of the ships in the harbour, in which when you walk it on you can end up standing on the ship's mast instead of going around it like other tall objects.
-If you talk with one of the bulls in Cysael with the weapon drawn they will react to you like other NPCs and tell you to sheathe it even if you don't have the animal-talking perk on either character. <- This seems to occur with just about everything you can talk to.
-Teleporting an NPC outside of combat does not aggravate them, allowing you to easily kill somebody without any way of them fighting back. (Other NPCs do not react to it either)
-You can teleport your own character through walls allowing you to access areas without lockpicking... this is actually kind of awesome and I hope it stays.
-If you use the teleport spell on the orc warrior at the beach he won't go back to where he was and like other NPCs won't react to it any in other way as-well.
-It's possible to teleport NPCs into terrain with the teleport spell.
-Walking around with weapons out and talking to NPCs seems to add un-intended dialogue options, which are usable without even having to sheathe your weapons beforehand.
-Using the charm spell results in the NPC being hit commenting about you using that ability on him.
-If you initiate combat from stealth, the enemy AI will make no move to look around for the attacker at all. Attacking again will still not make them look around. -> The NPCs do look towards the area they've been shot/hit from but if they are out of detection range they will still make no move to find the attacker. -> It seems like the enemies only turn if the spell/attack used is direct and has no AOE of any kind.
-Loading a game also resets the character portrait positions, and which character you had selected.
-Going into the cave after killing the band of orcs either crashes the game or when you load into the area hides character portrairs <- This is fixable by saving within the cave, and loading that save.
-Rats break stealth. I suggest making it so stealth only auto-breaks if a hostile sees you, otherwise you have an indicator telling you that you are seen.
-Casting a spell from stealth and hitting an enemy results in the enemy politely telling you to be more careful.
-The Orc/Pirate battle will not start if you start off with a stealth attack, but instead make the battle start with both sides ignoring each other and do nothing unless you got detected, then it resumes the battle.
-Attacking from stealth on a hostile will not always initiate in a battle, and they will simply ask politely for you to not attack them. (Possibly exclusive to this encounter, of Orcs vs Skeletons.)
-With the use of teleport spells I made my way out to the character creation room, and the blocked off western area. (Not sure if this counts)

Suggestions:
-Allow us to use the teleport spell to drop enemies on other enemies damaging both, or even better: Drop allies on enemies, still damaging both of course, where would the fun be without that? laugh
-I suggest making it so stealth only auto-breaks if a hostile sees you, otherwise you have an indicator telling you that you are seen.

Last edited by bGRoman; 18/12/13 06:13 AM.
journeyman
journeyman
Hope this is the right thread.

So, I teleported Roderick ('secondary character') from position x:203;y:142 into the Abandoned House left of that position (the dusty one with all the locked doors).

He then ran through the south wall of the house to position himself right back to the spot were I had just moved him from.

The position where he ran right through the stone wall is x:209;y:129.

So I went back to a save file before I did the teleport. And it seems x:209;y:129 is some sort of "magical gateway", because my characters can enter the house there freely whenever they like, regardless of previous teleporting.

I guess this is a know issue?

Edit: I should note though that when I teleport Roderick to the room in the tavern where Esmeralda's Chest is, he doesn't leave that room to rejoin me. So only in case of "magical gateways" (or a clear path) does he do that, which I guess is intended.

Last edited by foobarry81; 18/12/13 01:13 AM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
I was able to move a barrel through a wall and into a house to which i couldn't get it back, but I can't seem to replicate it again, so eh..

P
stranger
stranger
P
I've also run into most of the things mentioned above, also when the map resets after loading a save game some items are removed from the inventory, such as Evelyn's strongbox key and the bow found a bit west of Cyseal. There might be other items being removed as well but those are the only ones I noticed.

journeyman
journeyman
In the room to the left (the booby trap room) in the basement of the tavern in Cyseal:
- enter room with just the primary character, set off trap.
- survive with just a low amount of hp
- go out of room, get back in
- set the trap off once more. Your character dies, then auto revives/respawns with a low amount of health, then dies again, then revives once more, ....

The primary character can seemingly end up getting stuck in a loop of dying and reviving.

I then took control of the secondary character, and steered away from that room to the east. The primary character tried to follow me, and eventually succeeded to get out of the loop.

I then took control of the primary character again, and immediately it warped back to the booby trap room again and resumed the seemingly endless loop of dying and reviving.

veteran
veteran
If you order a character to move to a certain spot, then switch control to your other character, the one who was moving stops.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Suggestions:

1. Fog of vision. Being able to look inside houses from the outside spoils a lot of content.
2. I'm really unsure about the two character roleplaying system. It probably works great when you are co-oping, but it seems so strange to argue with yourself.
3. Why does the whole town attack you when you steal stuff? It should be more like Ultima 7 where guards are summoned.
4. UI is kind of counter-intuitive. For sure the character stats page needs a lot of work.

Having a ton of fun so far so I hope the game gets a lot more polish.

A
apprentice
apprentice
A
After I upgraded my home at the end of time and left the button to teleport back there vanished from the ui.

I think some of the great stuff you posters in this thread have amassed should be moved to the General Feedback thread just in case, we don't want any of this info to be overlooked, do we?

I got Comment 33,333 at the legendary Larian KS for D:OS
veteran
veteran
Okay, here's a weird one.

Last night, I cleared out all the encounters to the north of Cyseal. Mid-way through, at about level 2, I made a quicksave by the scared soldiers. I continued on, clearing out all the encounters and buildings, made it up to about level 5, and then I made a new save using the escape > Save menu.

When I loaded it up though, most of my progress was gone. My location was my the soldiers, and I was all the way back at level 2. Not only that, but my ranger's Oak Flat Bow that she had gotten before the quicksave was gone. (I did find it back at where I originally picked it up, though).

I also have lost the button to access to the Shelter Plane, but I do retain the teleporter pyramids.

I checked and the screenshot for the glitchy save does show where I was when I made it.

stranger
stranger
I leveled up to level 5 with my mage. When I started to distribute ability-points they disappeared once I allocated them. Meaning I spend 9 points in mage abilities and they all disappeared.
The same happened when I tried to increase my intelligence from 9 to 10. Point was gone, but no increase.

It might be worth noting that I already had 50 points in mage abilities. This might be some sort of cap? But still, you shouldn't lose the points.
Same goes for stats, maybe 9 is some sort of cap.

There was a place on the beach near the statues where I encountered 2 bandits, led by Dietmar. I bought a staff from them and went on my merry way. Yet my journal said I fought them and they were very hostile.

Weirdly enough, EricB, that very same bug exists if you play the old Divine Divinity on Steam today. There is a workaround, but it's pretty cumbersome.

I got Comment 33,333 at the legendary Larian KS for D:OS
C
stranger
stranger
C
I played a few hours and found the following bugs:
- In the control menu : no text in the bottom menu ("accept?" or "apply?").
- In game, the function "quit game" does not work.
- The map is unknow after each loading of the game (the fog of war reappear).
- When I broke the boxes in x:106 - y:180, the game crash, and windows crashed too (blank-screen).
- Sometimes, the right-click to learn a spell does not work.
- The armor " flaming robe of the Smith" have no skin (my character is naked ^^).
- No music in game.
- Sometimes gold or items do not stack.
- Talent sourcery : no description
- I have bug in inventory : the tabs "armor", "potion" and others have no utility
- I found only mage spell to buy. Nothing for warrior or ranger : it's normal?
- Impossible to equip 2 rings together.

For the feedback : I like this game!!
However, I think that :
- the theaft is really too easy : in three hour of game, I have too more stuff, all the spell available, all the gold of the mearchant... because I won a lot of money by selling rings, amulets and armor stolen.
- the mage is too powerful : I one shot almost all enemies, so my warrior almost never wins xp during the battles. So, the fight are too easy.
- I think the basic attack is too expensive (3AP is too much, again a imbalance betewwen mage and warrior).
- A function to automatically sort the inventory (by type, name,...) would be welcome. It's very long and tedious to sort it manually after each passage in the mearchant.
- Zoom/unzomm the map with the mouse wheel would be practical.
- 6 intelligence minimm for all the ring and amulets : it's too much. Again an advantage for the mages.

That's all for the moment.
(I hope my english is understandable)

Edit : the ability to close all the windows with the escape key would be also very convenient.

Last edited by Chedden; 18/12/13 02:51 PM.
P
stranger
stranger
P
Suggestion:
In conversation, the last option: "Ill take my leave", could be always 0.

Suggestion:
When stealing a painting on the market and returning it, the painting should be put on the display again.

D
stranger
stranger
D
I can't change the graphics quality. It's on ultra setting all the time. I've change it, restart the game and... it was on ultra again.

stranger
stranger
Something else, I could destroy the enormous stone door in the starting area, by hitting in repeatedly with my foot. Besides the fact that I couldn't progress once it was destroyed, it also breaks immersion that I could even do it.

S
stranger
stranger
S
The obedient tooltip is wrong (it says this trait increases willpower... just like independent)

S
stranger
stranger
S
Can't find it anywhere: throwing a fireball on a pond will vaporise part of it, leaving the fishes unaffected... and flying in midair...
I just wanted to cook some to try and restore some health.

veteran
veteran
Sometimes the chests and barrels in the legion encampment are flagged as belonging to someone else, sometimes you can take things from them openly. I'm not sure why.

The Oak Flat Bow vanishes from your inventory/loadout when you load a game. I'm glad I didn't sell her starter bow, or else my ranger would have been unarmed.

Last edited by Stabbey; 18/12/13 04:52 PM. Reason: oak flat bow
stranger
stranger
(I will be post a new list for each new version, I will not be adding bugs found by other people since they will already be posted)
(The game is not very compatible with DXtory)

v1.0.34.0 Bug-list

High:
-When you combine two items, if you already have the compound in your inventory and said compound can stack on one slot, the game crashes

Low:
-Man Of Iron ability gives poison resistance whereas description says physical
-Stealing fish around the harbor of Cyseal is not considered stealing by workers
-Several NPCs tell you to sheath weapons when weapons are sheathed (to do with spamming tab I think)
-When you use skill Rush you can end up inside an enemy and cannot attack them without moving
-Spells cannot be removed from bar without being replaced
-If you kill Cecilia while in the tub, she reappears
-If you create a mobile kitchen with Cooking Pot and block all possible places, it gets put into your inventory, but you cannot place it or use it
-Weapons seem to suddenly break when at good dura
-Splitting Arrows often does not hit targets in its path or misses do not appear??
-Can access containers (book shelves) of Evelyn's House outside of the house
-Character weight does not update unless you close I window or change equip
-Equipped weapon sometimes disappear on loads
-Ability descriptions for weapons state chance to hit but give only damage
-Evelyn's first conversation is broken, in Thelyron's Clinic
-When you load a game, second character does not follow unless you switch to them
-Sometimes first two options overlap at beginning of conversation (seems random)

Persisting bugs from previous list:
-When you load a save, all the fog returns
-When characters asks you to sheath weapons, can still choose normal chat options and talk to many animals as if you have Pet Pal talent
-You can walk through this window in Cyseal (209,129)
-Sometimes clicking up/down buttons in windows jumps bar way too far (something seems to get messed up when you move scroll bar)
-When moving away from containers, do not close automatically. You can still close them from far away
-Cannot eat carrot or cook carrot
-Invisible scroll bar in text windows sometimes
-Mortar & pestle + Bone = Pouch
-Scroll bars not placed properly or invisible in trade windows
-Item requirements often red when met

Last edited by theNILE; 20/12/13 04:03 PM.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard