Next Thread
Print Thread
R
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Greetings,

I'm running the game (or trying to wink on a 2009 MacBookAir (nVidia 9400m video card) with Windows 7 (32bit). All drivers and SPs are the latest available.

When I load the game through steam, it comes to the main menu, I am able to navigate through the options pages (with the appropriate sound effects of clicking etc) but when I click on "new game" it starts to load, there is a sound file of background sounds (birds?) playing.

On my first two attempts the game crashes to the desktop in 60-90 seconds, on my third attempt it took about 4 minutes to do so.

I'm feeling a little silly but I am posting here because I couldn't find the "crash reporter tool" but when I click report a bug, this is where it takes me.

If someone could let me know how to appropriately file this bug, I'd be grateful smile

Raworahi #476648 19/12/13 11:09 AM
R
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
On attempts 4 & 5:

After clicking "new game" the loading animation and sounds continue for 18 & 22 seconds respectively before freezing.

The loading animation and sounds recovered briefly at 165 and 182 seconds respectively before freezing again after 4-5 seconds.

In both attempts, the game crashed to desktop approximately 120 seconds after that.

Raworahi #476651 19/12/13 11:21 AM
R
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
On the 6th Attempt:

Each time it appears to go slightly longer (a second or two) after I click new game before the loading animation and sounds lock up.

The duration between the freeze and the recovery likewise increases by about 15-20 seconds.

The duration of the recovery seems to stay the same at roughly 4-5 seconds, however, on the sixth attempt, only the animation froze again after the recovery, the sounds continued to play until the game crashed.

I also realize that I neglected to mention that the loading screen dims by 10-15% percent, 10-20 seconds after the second time the animation freezes and remains that way until the program crashes.

Raworahi #476656 19/12/13 11:38 AM
E
stranger
stranger
E
I encounter the same issue : the game crash everytime i try to start a new game.

Raworahi #476657 19/12/13 11:48 AM
R
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
After reading this thread:

http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=476158#Post476158

which appeared similar, I disabled my firewall and tried again.

the pattern remained essentially the same as prior attempts until the end.

Where previously when the program crashed, the screen would turn black for a second or two before bringing up the desktop and the "application has crashed" dialog box.

This time the screen went black for nearly a minute, and when it did return to the desktop, I still had the "arrow" mouse cursor from the game, and it took another 30-45 seconds to bring up the "Application crash dialog" at which point the game cursor switched back to a standard windows cursor.

Raworahi #476665 19/12/13 12:47 PM
R
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Ok so I found the "Technical Issues" thread (sorry for missing that originally) and read through that in which I saw a number of others having a very similar (if not the same) problem.

I've emailed my dxdiag.txt to the support address as requested, I also decided to try loading the game directly (from the "shipping" folder) and using the "Run as Administrator" option.

The end result was pretty much the same, however the amount of time until the loading animation and sounds froze was about twice as long as prior attempts.

Link Copied to Clipboard