Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Merry Christmas and a happy new year to all of you at Larian Studios who have been working so hard on getting this far on D:OS!! smile

Swen: The game is in an impressive state for being early alpha, and what an unpolished gem it is! Kudos to you and your drive to making this dream come true. I think the balancing issues vis-à-vis classes, combat, encounter difficulty/frequency, will be pretty central for you in order for you to make D:OS to become a challenging and multifaceted RPG system on top of being a fantastic legacy to games like Ultima VI/VII, where you are almost placed in a living, breathing fantasy setting and are able to use most objects and begin to unravel all the secrets and stories and weird connections. Personally, I'd vouch for you making it a pretty hard game, at least X-Com Unknown hard (that is still pretty easy, but it can't be a walk in the park, like Kingdoms of Amalur). I know you can make it, and we will be there for you every step on the way! laugh

Last edited by Indira Weresheep; 19/12/13 12:00 PM.

I got Comment 33,333 at the legendary Larian KS for D:OS
journeyman
journeyman
Agreed smile

Thanks to Swen for the feedback on the feedback, and to everyone at Larian for the great job you've done and are still doing. While I'm really chomping at the bit to get that co-op mode, I'm glad that you're planning to take a break over Christmas and I hope that you get to relax a bit and spend some time with your families. Merry Christmas, guys Xmas

veteran
veteran
Enjoy your break, guys!

I understand not working over the holiday, but you can't still be aiming to have the gold master done by the end of January, can you? There's a lot of work to do just on the balancing alone, never mind all the placeholders and glitches. I can't see the inevitable multiplayer problems being easy to solve in just two weeks of testing.

journeyman
journeyman
Enjoy the holidays everyone! It looks like you'll be busy when you come back.

I've already been having fun and will continue to do so for quite a while. Thank you for making such an awesome game that holds so much passion even in its alpha state. If this is even 10% of the fun of the final version I have no doubt that it will be a success.

I'm also known as Tovarah.
old hand
old hand
Yes, thank you, thank you, and enjoy the holiday break. It has been a while since I had this much fun in a game just wandering around and trying things. There is clearly a lot of work to be done yet, but everything you guys have done to this point gives me the confidence that it will eventually be made right.

My one remaining plea is to please wait and release this when it is ready without gutting the stretch goals or established vision of the game. I admit that I am a little nervous about some previous posts by Swen that he doesn't have a lot of flexibility delaying the game past February. I simply can't imagine the game being ready by then and I really don't want to see something like NPC schedules get the axe because of it. This has such potential. Please give it time to reach it.

DOS2 Mods: Happily Emmie After and The Noisy Crypt

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
addict
addict
Love every bit of it so far (due to workload i am not very far into the game though.
But i am going to play a lot in the holiday season hehe )

"I don't make games to make money, I make money to make games". (Swen Vincke)
stranger
stranger
I just want to underline what Stabbey and Windemere wrote! You two wrote exactly what I am thinking!

Dear Larian, PLEASE take your time!

Happy X-Mas to you and enjoy the break.

old hand
old hand
XCOM hard? You mean Terror From The Deep, right? That last one was by no means hard.

Tweeting @forktong
OP Offline
I loved Terror of the Deep, and personally I prefer games to be challenging like that, but no, I was actually referring to the latest XCOM (and not the ironman mode, just vanilla). I think that it provides a decent challenge that different kinds of players can appreciate (it's of course only hard enough provided you keep your soldiers alive instead of just sacrificing them like pawns all the time). It's not even remotely close to Dark Souls or anything, but you must be thinking strategically, even using the terrain, and also take into account the latest XCOM's pretty cruel RNG-risks. Easy for me is a game that just lets you get away with a click-fest approach and then all of the sudden you are level 70. smile

I got Comment 33,333 at the legendary Larian KS for D:OS
C
journeyman
journeyman
C
Happy ho-ho to y'all!

Midget Soothsayer robs Bank! Small Medium at Large!
journeyman
journeyman
Happy Holidays you all!

Link Copied to Clipboard