Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
E
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
E
So I went to the burial mound(s) and found the notes there which contain, I guess, some hint to solve the riddle there.
However, after I had to reload the game because audio bugged out, the notes were gone.
Unfortunately that means I can't solve the riddle anymore.
Could someone be so kind as to post the content of the notes here?

Last edited by El Zoido; 22/12/13 01:01 PM.
stranger
stranger
the Dusty parchment says:

Code
(STUB) Earth
  Fire
    Water
      Air!

The elements,
moments on a compass
 and those moments
side by side in space

veteran
veteran
The one in the other mound says

Code
(STUB) Water
  Air
    Fire
      Earth!

The elements,
moments on a compass
 and those moments
side by side in space

I couldn't tell you which is which, though.

In the final game, the clues MUST be written on one of the walls, and NOT on a piece of paper you can pick up and walk away with. That's no good.

stranger
stranger
the burial mound with the earth has the note beginning with the "Earth .." text in my post. the second burial mound with the pool of water has the note beginning with "Water .."

not sure what to do with them yet, but agree that these should be expressed as instructions etched into a plaque or something permanent, or the notes themselves should be easily identified as to what surroundings they were found in. ie. Damp Parchment, Dirty Parchment (and possibly Scorched Parchment and .. um.. Lightweight Parchment)

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
I solved this.

When you solve one end of the riddle (in either of the two locations), you get a trap door leading to an underground reward area. This area is incomplete (too barren). For the moment there's just a lot of gold there.

To solve this (off the top of my head, as this occurred 3+ days ago):
- pull the levers in the first location in the sequence given in the note found in the second location and vice-versa (pulling a lever in first location affects a column in the second location)
- when you pull the levers in the correct order, a fire will light up above the column.
- When all four flames are lit, a bad guy will spawn and a trap door leading to the treasure will appear

veteran
veteran
St. Sloth, please put that in spoiler tags. Or better yet, just delete it entirely. I solved this yesterday, and for me, the fun of the puzzle was working it out for myself. No one asked for the solution to be posted.

Thanks!

S
S
Well, I got the
Round Pendant
and placing it on the pedestal in the lower area doesn't open the gates; nor can I wear it or use it.

Broken?

Also, small bug anyhow:
Using the wrong sequence (i.e. using the one you find in the right hand basement in the same basement) lights two of the fires in the other left hand basement. So, three trips to light were required for an odd reason; used wrong sequence / used correct sequence / went to other left hand basement, only two fires were lit, so used correct sequence, then returned to right hand basement and re-did sequence, which spawned the left hand basement correctly

To me it looked like the flags were getting triggered randomly.

Last edited by SteamUser; 18/01/14 12:11 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by SteamUser
Well, I got the
Round Pendant
and placing it on the pedestal in the lower area doesn't open the gates; nor can I wear it or use it.

Broken?

No, it's not broken, there's something else you need to do as well. If you got that far, it shouldn't be too hard to figure out the rest.

S
S
Originally Posted by Stabbey

No, it's not broken, there's something else you need to do as well. If you got that far, it shouldn't be too hard to figure out the rest.

This is an alpha - please stop being coy, and post the solution in [ spoiler ] tags; I can then edit my bug reports to remove a false positive. There's already one (confirmed) trigger issue with this quest, so it'd probably be helpful to only report the actual bugs.

Last edited by SteamUser; 18/01/14 01:14 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
Okay, I've tried everything my mind could come up with to try and disable the force-field in the lower area and nothing worked.
What the hell are the Push Dagger and the Round Pendant for?

S
S
Originally Posted by Axell
Okay, I've tried everything my mind could come up with to try and disable the force-field in the lower area and nothing worked.
What the hell are the Push Dagger and the Round Pendant for?

The only drop that's 100% from the spawned mob is the pendant.

As for the quest, it's broken as far as I can tell. However, you can
use the two pyramids to teleport through the magic fields
to get access to the treasure piles. Just throw one onto the other side, and voila.

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
You have to solve both rooms and then
place pendants on both pedestals and boom the force fields go away. I was able to solve by having a group in each room and watching what happened

Last edited by lokitrixter; 25/01/14 07:45 PM.
veteran
veteran
It is not broken. I did it in co-op this morning.

Burial Mound Puzzle Solution

Southeast Burial Mound note: Earth, Fire, Water, Air.
Northwest Burial Mound note: Water, Air, Fire, Earth

Those are the codes needed for the respective mounds. But the levers activate elemental discharges in the other mound. The complicating factor is that it is not the matching element. You need to figure out what lever triggers what discharge, and the only way to do that is to split your party in two.

SE Mound:
Earth -> Water produced in the NW mound
Fire -> Earth produced in the NW mound
Water -> Air produced in the NW mound
Air -> Fire produced in the NW mound

NW Mound:
Water -> Earth produced in the SE mound
Air -> Water produced in the SE mound
Fire -> Air produced in the SE mound
Earth -> Fire produced in the SE mound

So to trigger the SE mound which has the code EFWA, the person standing in the NW mound has to pull WEAF.

To trigger the NW mound which has the code WAFE, the person standing in the SE mound has to pull EWAF.

There are two different fights. Defeat the enemies that spawn and get the pendants. Go into the trap door. Place each pendant on the altar before the force field and they'll both vanish.

apprentice
apprentice
Oops, yeah I meant
Star-shaped and Round Pendant, no clue where I got that Push Dagger from.

Problem is, I'm placing both items in the altar and nothing happens. Guess I'll have to do the Pyramids trick.

Edit: Okay.. So I had to restart the game because it crashed. I came back to the area,
placed the pendants on the altars agains(lol) and... The forcefields vanished.

Last edited by Axell; 25/01/14 08:03 PM.
S
S
Originally Posted by Stabbey
It is not broken. I did it in co-op this morning.

Burial Mound Puzzle Solution

Southeast Burial Mound note: Earth, Fire, Water, Air.
Northwest Burial Mound note: Water, Air, Fire, Earth

Those are the codes needed for the respective mounds. But the levers activate elemental discharges in the other mound. The complicating factor is that it is not the matching element. You need to figure out what lever triggers what discharge, and the only way to do that is to split your party in two.

SE Mound:
Earth -> Water produced in the NW mound
Fire -> Earth produced in the NW mound
Water -> Air produced in the NW mound
Air -> Fire produced in the NW mound

NW Mound:
Water -> Earth produced in the SE mound
Air -> Water produced in the SE mound
Fire -> Air produced in the SE mound
Earth -> Fire produced in the SE mound

So to trigger the SE mound which has the code EFWA, the person standing in the NW mound has to pull WEAF.

To trigger the NW mound which has the code WAFE, the person standing in the SE mound has to pull EWAF.

There are two different fights. Defeat the enemies that spawn and get the pendants. Go into the trap door. Place each pendant on the altar before the force field and they'll both vanish.

Ah, I understand now: two fights are supposed to trigger. Another poster had suggested there was only a single NPC spawned to beat, so thank-you for the clarification.

If you dig back into my reports, you'll see I was having issues when I'd input the wrong sequences. In the end, I lit all 8 fires, but only triggered a single NPC fight.

I'll play around with this, deliberately getting it wrong again.

Last edited by SteamUser; 26/01/14 09:05 AM.
S
S
**BUMP**

People spamming stuff, this thread is useful.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by SteamUser
**BUMP**

People spamming stuff, this thread is useful.

Is it really necessary to bump threads? The topics that people are currently interested in discussing will remain near the top on their own through normal participation.

Normally I don't say anything about bumps, but you've spammed this same message on a number of threads now. You also seem to get irritated whenever people post topics that don't appear to interest you, which I don't understand. You really need to keep in mind that you're sharing this forum with others.

S
S
Originally Posted by Gyson

Is it really necessary to bump threads? The topics that people are currently interested in discussing will remain near the top on their own through normal participation.

Normally I don't say anything about bumps, but you've spammed this same message on a number of threads now.

Threads bumped, see if you can work out why they got bumped:

Largest Bug report thread, 11+ pages
Crafting Guide
This thread (most complex puzzle quest in the alpha, commonly asked about)

Originally Posted by Gyson
You also seem to get irritated whenever people post topics that don't appear to interest you, which I don't understand. You really need to keep in mind that you're sharing this forum with others.

Totally false: I've been replying to (as far as I'm able to) alpha bug reports where the posters have made their own separate individual threads. Most of these are re-re-re-re-posts, however there's occasionally new bugs, which would otherwise get lost in the special snowflake blizzard.

Thus I color-coded some recent replies & asked the original poster to post to the main bug threads. You are free to call me out for being blunt & unfriendly; attempting to label my input merely bias and trolling is just false.

/derail over.

p.s.

PMs, could have used a PM.

journeyman
journeyman
As long as we don't report bugs in a "structured way" (Tecketing system like trac, tfs github ...) its up to the CommunityGuys (from larian) to keep an eye on the threads and extract the bugs (and filtering duplicates)

bumping threads don't make a real sense, you just hiding other "importend" threads...

S
stranger
stranger
S
Latest build 1.0.167.

Guys, how to place pendants at the altars???

I`ve solved the riddle with burial mounds, killed two enemy NPCs and collected two pendants.
Now I must go deeper underground and place these pendants at the altars just before arks with forcefields to proceed through them.

I`ve found altars - these pillars 1.5 meters in height circled by candles.
But I cannot place pendants! By dragging and dropping them from inventory I only succeeded in dropping them on the ground, not at the top of the pillars!

Placing the mouse holding the pendant over the top of pillar results in message "There is not enough space".
Seems that the top surface of the pillars is not valid surface for placing any items.

And these pillars did not selectable.

How the hell it is supposed to manage? To place pendants at the altars?

Is this a bug, or I`am just doing something wrong?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard