Print Thread
#477661 31/12/13 10:23 AM
P
Pikosil Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
I played practically all RPGs ever made but the ones I enjoyed the most and have the insanely amazing combat systems are-

1. Dungeon Siege 3

2. Kingdoms of Amalur

3. Dragon Nest

The funny thing about Dungeon Siege 3 is that when I first played the demo I was disappointed to the extent of rage-uninstalling it, but after I few weeks, for some reason, I tried it again and actually took the time to learn the game, and ever since I compare every game's combat to Dungeon Siege 3, it's just that great.

Unfortunately Dungeon Siege 3 was primarily made for consoles so that included linear environment, lack of skill progression and crafting(the graphics, animations, atmosphere, rag doll physics are however top notch).
But still it is my favorite game just because of the amazing combat system that to this day is still unmatched by anything.

veteran
veteran
Best combat system, for me, is Final Fantasy 12's.

Dragon Age: Origins runs it a close second, but only if you're using the Advanced Tactics mod.

Both allow for highly programmable parties, where you can tell your minions what they should do, when, and in what order.

Last edited by Elliot_Kane; 31/12/13 11:03 PM.

Please click the banner...
apprentice
apprentice
I know this is a bit late and I will admit i am biased here but I actually like the combat system of Dark Souls and Demon's Souls. I just enjoy the weight behind the combat (well save for the spell system but from what we have seen of Dark Souls 2 it looks like its been vastly improved) and that its much more skill based, and about timing dodges, parries, blocks and such.

While its not good for a CRPG, I think it works wonders for a third person action rpg.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Best RPG combat for me?
Certainly Temple of Elemental Evil. The most true to life conversion of D&D 3.5e rules to PC.

If we talk about action based RPG combat, then it's really hard to decide between Mount&Blade Warband and Witcher 2 with the FCR mod. Those two would be followed by DDO.

And if we go into a mix of real time with pause, then certainly Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2.

PS. Of course, Divinity:OS is pressing all the right buttons for me.. Absolutely love it so far, even though it feels to lack the familiar depth of D&D what I'm used to.

Last edited by Sily; 01/02/14 01:23 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
DA:O for RTS+RPG

For TBS+RPG, it would be Fallen Enchantress Legendary Heroes

For pure ARPG, dark souls.

For ship battle+RPG, Age of Pirates 2: City of Abandoned Ships with the gentleman of fortune MOD to fix the annoying bugs.

AI wise, FF12 with the Gambit system.

"There is no such thing as absolute freedom because we are still prisoners of society"
D
stranger
stranger
D
For turn-based combat, which is my favorite, I really love the combat in Temple of Elemental Evil and also that in Shadowrun Returns and X-com: Enenmy Unknown.

Only action RPG I've played that I really like is The Witcher 2.

For RTwP: I'd pick Dragon Age: Origins. Had some serious balance issues, but I liked the various spells and combat skills in the game a lot.

veteran
veteran
DA:O is best with the Advanced Tactics Mod. That adds a load of conditions that should have been in the original system.

Please click the banner...
old hand
old hand
ARPG?

Souls series (Demon's Souls, Dark Souls 1&2) and Dragon's Dogma.

CRPG?

Dragon Age: Origins.
Neverwinter Nights.
Fallout 1&2.
Planescape.
Hell just include every game made on the Infinity engine.

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard