Print Thread
#477730 03/01/14 07:26 AM
H
Hermes Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
H
Mine is probably the Sabre. I love his looks, especially in gold, starting speed and hunter unlock(one of the best all round units).

Doing a play through at the moment with Zephyr utilising completely different abilities, lot of micro required!

Mountain dragon looks too frail, and plays too similar to Sabre in my opinion, as a glass cannon:)

Support
Support

I prefer the mountain dragon. As long as you are doing damage, Blood Leech helps a lot with the 'glass cannon' issue during combat, and Rejuvenation helps afterwards. Having Acid Blaze available from the start is nice, as well, especially since the mountain dragon overheats fasted than the other two types.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Though I started with Mountain, I now find Sabre to be the one that works best for me. Yes Mountain does slightly more damage with acid and blood leach helps with survival, but only to a point. To use the Mountain Dragon efficiently he needs to stay alive and keep hammering the enemy, however you could get overwhelmed and all the advantage is for naught.
Sabre has one big advantage and that is Sabotage, it's so good early in the game. Keeps Transports from unloading and factories from producing units. I found myself often spawning above my units, using advance to speed them up, then jetpacking to enemie base, disable the factory, jetpack out and doing the thing all over again, works pretty well.
Then the hunter is imo the best early unit pick, not because the other ones are bad units, but because you can produce 2 movement point units in your first turn without spending research points.

Still, when it comes to optics, nothing beats that Mountainn flail-tail.

Moderated by  ForkTong, Issh, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard