Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
stranger
stranger
Just loaded a quicksave inside the barracks and Aureus appears to be stuck in place. He tries to walk, but just ends up "stuttering" and rotating without actually moving.

"But I don't want to go among mad people."
"Oh, you can't help that. We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?"
"You must be, or you wouldn't have come here."

Public Key ID: 057420A1
S
S
Bug - Mechanics

Priority - Low / Medium

Path finding can trigger "rubber banding" and character warping if combined with a stealing / illegal trigger. This is most notable in Esmeralda's shop, where once you have accessed the shop via the back door (flagged illegal space) but leave by the front entrance, companions can/will repeatedly attempt to leave via the back door, which then triggers the automatic NPC "caught stealing" dialogue pop-up.

This leads to you auto-warping back into the shop, and a large negative reaction penalty being applied, merely for walking out the correct door.

Bug - Mechanics

Priority - Low

Alt-tabbing out of the game sets your keyboard to an EU variant. i.e. SHIFT+2 becomes @, not " and so on. Not sure why the game is altering the keyboard default, but there you go.

p.s.

The lack of a toggle for "Follow me" or "stay here" is totally bizarre, especially since the mechanics of the pyramid encourage teleporting. Not being able to tell a character to stand still = most frustrating. Make it like Ultima VI / VII please.

Last edited by SteamUser; 20/01/14 02:08 AM.
B
stranger
stranger
B
Bugs:
- Game loves to crash on reloads

Fixes:
- When you try to steal something twice and get caught, person caught you stealing runs away. This may cause you to lose crucial NPC's
- Frost Breath spell is obviously bugged, the damage is dealt multiple times to same targets.

- Ability targeting system seem to be off. AOE highlights never work as suggested.
Ex:
Fireball spell explodes in the middle of your party
All AOE spells DO NOT hit as highlighted, missing randomly or hitting other targets
Flare spell, for instance has this issue too, but poison dart never misses.

Suggestion:
- Speed up combat somehow. Probably both combat speed needs increase and all characters HP needs to be lower. large battles are very monotonous as of now.

Steam User:
Doesnt "unlink" option that is explained in the beggining of the game not solve the "unfollow" problem?

Last edited by BelialRus; 20/01/14 02:50 AM.
G
stranger
stranger
G
I seem to have gotten caught in the Shelter Plane. None of the accessible Waypoints (of which there are 2, two for Hall of Heroes and back, and the Observatory and back) allow either me or my friend to exit the plane. Are we just doing this wrong? What's the issue?

The return to homestead button doesn't work, if it's supposed to. Also, curiously, Madora won't talk to us regardless of the fact that she has an exclamation point. Anyone know what's up?

journeyman
journeyman
The exclamation mark above her head I have managed to duplicate when she has something to say but you quick save or save before talking to her, upon reloading it doesn't go away, you might have enabled it in another manner but that's almost a 100% chance for it to happen, it does disappear after a while, but no set time that I've seen or specific event for it to stop.

stranger
stranger
Upon loading a saved game my partner won't follow me automatically. I have to switch control to them, at which point following works again.

"But I don't want to go among mad people."
"Oh, you can't help that. We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?"
"You must be, or you wouldn't have come here."

Public Key ID: 057420A1
B
stranger
stranger
B
- In an orc cave (with Undead pirates) during fight with Source Abomination Madora got randomly teleported.

- A lot of dialogues trigger even if the cause for them is gone. Ex: same location as above, when you walk into oil barrels and explode it with something like Fireball , the oil and barrels are gone, but your character will still talk "so much oil", when you descend

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by GoodGuyA
I seem to have gotten caught in the Shelter Plane. None of the accessible Waypoints (of which there are 2, two for Hall of Heroes and back, and the Observatory and back) allow either me or my friend to exit the plane. Are we just doing this wrong? What's the issue?

The exit to the world is in the Observatory, not the main room. There should be a "Waypoint Portal" in the Observatory that you can use to return to the world.

G
stranger
stranger
G
Originally Posted by Stabbey

The exit to the world is in the Observatory, not the main room. There should be a "Waypoint Portal" in the Observatory that you can use to return to the world.

We tried that. The portal exists, but it does not allow us to interact with it. We tried verifying game files, but that did not bring back the functionality.

Support
Support

Did you talk to Zixzax again, etc, and see if that will enable the observatory waypoint? Can you use the teleporter stone from the homestead? (I never tried that)

E
stranger
stranger
E
I have been able to reproduce the crashed caused when crafting! I think there are multiple issues, but below are two of them.

ISSUE #1
========
I had a stack of 3 wheat. Ground 1 wheat via motar/pestle into flour. Repeated the process with the 2nd wheat and it crashed the game.

Reloaded the game and repeated the process and it crashed at exactly the same point. It is my belief that it is crashing when it tries to put the result, in this case flour, into a stack of existing flour.

I have seen this before when cooking fish and when the meal goes into an existing stack it crashes.

EDIT: I have been able to further verify this by reloading again and this time moving the first flour to different character, and each time moving the result to a different character allowing me to process all the flour.

ISSUE #2
========
I have also been able to reproduce another crash when dragging a branch around in the world, in this case looking to see if it will interact with objects, and when I dont find anything it will interact with I put it back onto itself in the inventory... which starts a crafting action... and crashes. I assume this is because its an invalid action.

Last edited by Exsilium; 20/01/14 04:38 AM.
L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Originally Posted by Exsilium
I have been able to reproduce the crashed caused when crafting! I think there are multiple issues, but below are two of them.

ISSUE #1
========
I had a stack of 3 wheat. Ground 1 wheat via motar/pestle into flour. Repeated the process with the 2nd wheat and it crashed the game.

Reloaded the game and repeated the process and it crashed at exactly the same point. It is my belief that it is crashing when it tries to put the result, in this case flour, into a stack of existing flour.

I have seen this before when cooking fish and when the meal goes into an existing stack it crashes.

ISSUE #2
========
I have also been able to reproduce another crash when dragging a branch around in the world, in this case looking to see if it will interact with objects, and when I dont find anything it will interact with I put it back onto itself in the inventory... which starts a crafting action... and crashes. I assume this is because its an invalid action.

Both are well documented, known bugs, that are high priority to Larian. One is caused by crafting stackable items and the other is trying to craft an item with itself.

G
stranger
stranger
G
Originally Posted by Raze

Did you talk to Zixzax again, etc, and see if that will enable the observatory waypoint? Can you use the teleporter stone from the homestead? (I never tried that)

Yes, we have tried exhausting all of his dialogue options. What is the teleporter stone? If it's not accessible from the plane, then I'm afraid we don't have it. If it's the Homestead button, then we have all ready tried that.

E
stranger
stranger
E
Originally Posted by lokitrixter
Originally Posted by Exsilium

ISSUE #1
========

ISSUE #2
========

Both are well documented, known bugs, that are high priority to Larian. One is caused by crafting stackable items and the other is trying to craft an item with itself.

Figures, I was so proud of myself too frown I read all through this thread and didnt see anything on them... oh well.

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Originally Posted by GoodGuyA

Yes, we have tried exhausting all of his dialogue options. What is the teleporter stone? If it's not accessible from the plane, then I'm afraid we don't have it. If it's the Homestead button, then we have all ready tried that.

After trying to use the Waypoint in the Observatory you should get a red teleporter pyramid. Check your inventory for it.

@Exsilium I know I've posted about it a lot because crafting is something I've done a lot of. It may not be as prevalent in this thread as the other thread we had for bugs in previous build. Will be nice when it's fixed.

Last edited by lokitrixter; 20/01/14 04:44 AM.
G
stranger
stranger
G
Originally Posted by lokitrixter
After trying to use the Waypoint in the Observatory you should get a red teleporter pyramid. Check your inventory for it.
'Fraid that isn't the case. Tried it with all four characters and it wasn't in any of their inventories.

Tried to purchase Fortifying Leather Boots & Well Made Bonnet of Skill for 165 gold from Esmeralda and she said that my offer insults her even though that was the listed price. Did this with both Roderick & Scarlett. I offered all the gold I had at the time (215) for the two items & she still said the offer insulted her. At the time I had neutral attitude with her (0), now it's -2

PS: the "Fortifying Leather Boots" seem to be the issue, I was able to purchase the Well Made Bonnet of Skill with no problem, but the same issue came up when I tried to purchase the boots

Last edited by gbnf; 20/01/14 07:52 AM. Reason: was able to elimiate 1 issue
veteran
veteran
Interesting bug: In a fight, I teleported a skeleton mage. The next turn was a skeleton archer, who attacked and killed the mage. It is slightly possible that he was meaning to attack Madora who was kinda nearby and sort-of between the mage and the archer, but I doubt it, archers hit what they aim for.

If you teleport a party member who is in the “downed” state after falling on ice, they stay downed even after teleporting and don’t get up. I'm not 100% sure on this bug, it might have been the giant robot standing on my corpse, although I don't think that's allowed to stop you from getting up.

I also got the red portraits for party members thing. I think after leaving the Homestead, Madora's portrait turned red. I clicked on her portrait a couple times, and that turned everyone ELSE's portrait red. I also lost the icons for the status effects when that happened as well. The skill icons were fine, though.

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
There is line of sight for archers. I had it where I was trying to attack the source abomination when it was downed yet it kept hitting the summoned crab in front of it. So it is likely the mage got in the way.

V
stranger
stranger
V
Razen

In the trade window are you hitting the balance icon to equal out the value in gold? Does the NPC have enough to cover the difference?

If the seller is 'insulted' by your offer of the asking price, do they have a low opinion of you? (shown below their name and level on mouse over)
----------------------------------

Yeah you were right i made a mistake, it wasn't a bug

Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard