Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
stranger
stranger
J
i had the next issue:

downloaded whole game anew including new 1.0.95 patch, but i didnt deleted the larian folder in mydocuments

started a new game tested if save load worked and it worked, till i met the crabs, then the game crashed, and not even showing the bug proggy to send larian bugsplat files

soooo i deleted the whole larian folder in mydocuments, then started a new game and now it all works, including crab fight.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Normally there should be no need to delete the original sin folder in my documents but it could be possible that removing it resets the access rights to the levelcache folder.

So if you still have crashing savegames after you've confirmed you are using patch 1.0.95, please try this. If after that, it still crashes, send us the report.zip from the support tool - supportdos@larian.com

http://www.larian.com/OriginalSinAlpha/AnalysisTool_DOS.exe

W
stranger
stranger
W
Also having this issue, but weirdly enough, the save games do show up when i try to load...problem is now: game crashed when i try loading!

J
stranger
stranger
J
Same error to me. Send report today.

J
stranger
stranger
J
Sended again after deleting folder. Same error. Send report.

stranger
stranger
am having the same problem - however when I try to use the larian tool to zip report I get a
"*Could not find Divinity Original Sin installation folder.*" browse and get "*Could not find \\Shipping\\EoCApp.exe*"- However, I know it is installed there:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Divinity - Original Sin\Shipping - I used the EoCApp to start and play the gme a couple of times - the tool worked 1 time and I sent the report but it hasn't other times.
Running Windows 7 Home Premium 64
AMD 6300 3.5 ghz
8 Megs RAM
GPU AMD Radeon 7800
DirectX 11
Got the no cache - but when I tried to save later there was a named save in the spot - however, when I tried to open it crashed

Support
Support

In the D:OS support tool you just need to browse to the '..\SteamApps\common\Divinity - Original Sin' folder, if it doesn't find the install folder.

apprentice
apprentice
Having the same levelcache problem with the latest patch, report sent!

S
stranger
stranger
S
Still having same issue. Tried re-downloading after patch, but no luck. I have sent the report.zip. I ran the Analysis Tool and it did say I failed for Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable package. This is a new computer with Windows 8.1.

Hope this helps.

Support
Support

You can install the VC++ redistributable package from the ..\SteamApps\comon\Divinity - Original Sin\_CommonRedist folder.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Originally Posted by Raze

You can install the VC++ redistributable package from the ..\SteamApps\comon\Divinity - Original Sin\_CommonRedist folder.

Would I install the x64? or x86? or both?

Thank you for your assistance!

Support
Support

Probably both. I have 3 entries for the 2008 VC++ files, one x64 and 2 versions of x86, on my Win 7 64 bit system (as well as x86 and x64 versions of the 2010 files, and one for 2005).

Support
Support

enthusiast
enthusiast
Anyone still having this in 1.0.99?

J
stranger
stranger
J
Game just not launch after 1.0.102

J
stranger
stranger
J
or...it very very slow loading..

R
stranger
stranger
R
Receiving the same error when attempting to save. I was originally wondering if it is because I my 'my documents' is located on a NAS drive, but less sure now.

However, one thing to note, Larian, in my 'my documents' directory I see two paths for save games:

\\NETGEARNAS\data\Files\Documents\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin\Savegames

&

\\NETGEARNAS\data\Files\Documents\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin\NETGEARNAS\data\Files\Documents\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin\Savegames

The UNC name is also mapped to a drive letter.

Support
Support

Try browsing to your '..\Documents\Larian Studios' folder and renaming the 'Divinity Original Sin' folder (which contains the saved games, configuration files and a level cache folder). When the game is next started it will recreate the folder. Alternately, you can try starting the game from a different Windows user account.

If that lets you start a new game and save, you can move your previous saves from the renamed 'Divinity Original Sin' folder to the Savegames folder in the new one.

RainMakerXIII
Recreating the D:OS folder may also fix whatever the problem was with the second save game folder path. If it happens again, the game would appear to have issues with My Documents not being on an internal drive.

J
stranger
stranger
J
Now working, after update. Checked many times. Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard