Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
JFSeiki Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
For those playing the current build that can still not correctly save and load games here's a temporary solution to help you out until Larian can get their hands in and sort it out finally.

Browse to: Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin

Open the game, start a new game, then minimize once you're standing on the beach.

Back in the folder, if: Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin\LevelCache

Is not present then create the LevelCache sub-folder, and inside of it create any random file, .txt, .jpg, right click on it and select properties.

In properties, under general, set the file to read only, hit apply, and close the window.

After all of that you should be able to save and load games without issue.

K
apprentice
apprentice
K
I love you.
It works.

But the game crashed when i tried to exit the game from the main menu. Don't know if it's related, as i was never able to leave the game through the main menu earlier, because of the save game ctds. smile frown

JFSeiki Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Can't tell if it's related I'm afraid, the other guy I was working this issue with didn't report that happening, and personally if I'm not crashing I usually just alt f4 out. But in the meantime it seems a small issue if you can keep playing now outside of that, have fun.

Support
Support

Alt-F4 may avoid the crash; the game exits faster that way on my system, so it isn't doing the same shutdown procedure as from the main menu.

JFSeiki Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
The speed is primarily why I mentioned it, seems fine to me to alt f4 if you're leaving anyway, you don't need the error reporting tool to go off every time you exit the game, in his case at least, if that does happen.

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
I get the exit crash all the time and have never had problems with saving/loading games so I don't think they are related

stranger
stranger
It works like a charm, you are awesome!

Thank you!

E
stranger
stranger
E
Yes this works for me too!!! Thanks a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot!!! smile

apprentice
apprentice
I'm getting the same bug as a lot of you. I will try out the proposed solution smile

enthusiast
enthusiast
This workaround might let you save and load but the LevelCache is needed to properly set your story progression flags. So you might be able to load but a whole lot of things could and will go wrong that should not be going wrong if the levelcache would be there.

This just prevents the game from removing the cache when needed because the files are read only. consequence is that those files will be copied to all savegames, thus creating the same 'broken' levelcache for all of them.

W
stranger
stranger
W
With this workaround i can save, yay! Problem now is; i can't load a savegame...just gets stuck right when the screen goes a tint darker :s

S
stranger
stranger
S
Files within the LevelCache folder are removed correctly when a new game is started or loaded.
The workaround just stops the folder itself from being deleted - because the software isn't managing to create it correctly.

K
apprentice
apprentice
K
Steam just installed the new .99 Patch.
And
it works.
For the 1st time i was able to save and load a game without crashing \o/
Thanks guys.

Don't forget to delete the levelcache folder.

Last edited by Knallfix; 23/01/14 04:26 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard