Print Thread
#479816 23/01/14 09:28 PM
A
Asagun Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
After the Orc fighton the beach, in training area, when you go left of the bridge you will get the quest Fire, Fire, Fire as you see the burning ship.
If you use the rain scroll at this time the fire will be put out, but when entering the town, the guy will still run in asking for help putting out the flames and they don't seem to notice the ship is saved already.

Asagun #479817 23/01/14 09:30 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
It's technically because you're not supposed to have seen the burning ship by then. I guess the environmental artists will have to fix that.

stranger
stranger
Yeah I had that happen lastnight. If you go for the chest by the wall before you enter town, and move left more.. you see the ship and the happenings. smile

Safo #479830 23/01/14 10:25 PM
veteran
veteran
Is the quest trigger a circular radius? It seems like that might be what's causing the quest to trigger in that area.

O
stranger
stranger
O
My game crashes here every single time I open my inventory and by crash I mean restarts my whole computer.

Ozric #479987 24/01/14 06:57 PM
veteran
veteran
You mean it sends your PC to BSOD or you have to restart your system because you can't quite frozen application?

Kein #480028 24/01/14 09:47 PM
O
stranger
stranger
O
Originally Posted by Kein
You mean it sends your PC to BSOD or you have to restart your system because you can't quite frozen application?

No I mean the computer just restarts itself, as though I pressed the reset button. It must be a crash though as when it reboots it asks me if I want to start my computer normally.

Ozric #480039 24/01/14 10:59 PM
Support
Support

Did it always crash or did it work at first and then start crashing? (like maybe after looting a ton of stuff)

If it used to work, does it work if you start a new game? If so, the problem may be with the save itself.

Did you try both the 'I' hotkey, and the icon under the character portraits to open the inventory?

Try verifying local files for the game. After that, browse to your '..\Documents\Larian Studios' folder and rename the 'Divinity Original Sin' folder (contains your saved games as well as configuration files). Start the game, start a new game and see if you have the same problem. If you wait until you get to the guards at the bridge, you can try trading first (if you haven't already), and see if that also causes a problem.

If a new save works after that, and you managed to get far enough in your old save that you want to continue, then move your save folder(s) from the renamed 'Divinity Original Sin' folder to the corresponding Savegames folder in the newly created folder.

If you set windows not to automatically reboot after a BSOD, check the error message and do a google search for it, you may be able to find suggestions to try.

Raze #480046 24/01/14 11:16 PM
O
stranger
stranger
O
It has always crashed.

I dd not try the icon to open the inventory I just used the hotkey. I did even try opening the inventory away from the ship (which was fine) but as soon as I got to within a few meters of the gap in between the sailors the computer reset.

I haven't tried starting again, but I will do tomorrow to see if it still happens. I should also say that I could walk around the whole area without any issues as long as I didn't open my inventory, so I eventually failed the quest because I didn't help in time.

The trouble with your last suggestion is that I do not get a BSOD, just a hard reset

Ozric #480050 24/01/14 11:26 PM
veteran
veteran
I think there is some memory leak/allocation issue if it crashes whole system. Hmm... do you have minidump enabled in system settings (alt+pause break -> advanced ->startup and recovery)

Ozric #480052 24/01/14 11:38 PM
Support
Support
Originally Posted by Ozric
I did even try opening the inventory away from the ship (which was fine)

Open the inventory before the docks and drag and drop the rain scroll to your skill bar. When you get to the docks you will not need to open your inventory, which may avoid the crash.

Raze #480103 25/01/14 09:40 AM
O
stranger
stranger
O
Hmmm, how typical is that I renamed the 'Divinity Original Sin' folder and started a new game and it didn't happen, it allowed me to just open my inventory and use the scroll.

Shame I didn't have minidumps enabled before hand, one to keep an eye on if others encounter it.

Link Copied to Clipboard