Next Thread
Print Thread
#481428 05/02/14 03:23 AM
P
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
I am new to the forums... I do enjoy the game, despite the limited access with the current build. I am not sure if I am in the correct place to describe bugs and make suggestions, but here it goes:

Firstly, when the game crashed, I sent a bug submission and listed other bugs as well on that particular submission. In addition to that submission, here is what I have... I apologize if certain items are already discussed in other forums, as I mentioned I am new to the forums and I didn't scour the entire database to see if the content of this post may be redundant or already known:

1. The fortifying robe has no image on the character, so I am running around naked.

2. Exploration XP triggers are not restricted to one time passover, thus you can pass over them infinite time and gain the experience.

3. Way Point on the northern most part of the beach, as well as all of the way points with the exception of the main gate and the gate to the dining area of the Tapestry of Fate area are no interactable.

4. Player can equip items that it cannot yield or wear, which despite the successful equip, they do not offer any benefit.

5. Arhu has two items when you barter located on the top right, sequential, that do not have images (they have apostrophes), and do not have names, but have descriptions. They seem to be weapons of some sort.

6. Need to check the rules on the rolls to slip on ice and fall in water (rain), as the players always seem to slip and fall without save every time they run. Also, post battle, it seems a bit unnecessary for the character to slip and fall same.

7. There are no sound effects for any of the water based spells.

8. When you use the warrior based skill that incites team members, I believe it is called, "Leadership", which adds +1 to all attributes, it causes the characters to glow red around the borders of their image. Despite the spell losing its effect, the bordering color remains.

9. When bartering, despite having a scroll down button and lane to add more objects, you can only place the amount of objects in the boxes that are visible, and you are not able to scroll down to add more.

10. When splitting items of a high count, like gold, there is no option to input the amount you would like to split, and the cursor used to split the item is inaccurate skipping numbers by 2 or 3 requiring multiple splits to get to the desired count.

11. Certain interactable objects, such as container based objects, are not interactable when placed too close to walls where the walls dissapate as the character approaches them.

12. When you have multiple boxes open, e.g. inventory and skills, clicking options within that box do not work. You are forced to click anywhere within the box to bring it forward over the opposing box in order to select any option within that menu.

13. When you have the journal menu (box) open, you can click on the respective quest entry and a quest icon will appear over that entry. However, no corresponding quest marker appears on the map.

14. When the map is open, if you use the scroll on the mouse, it zooms in and out of the game, not the map forcing you to use the + and - radio button on the map to perform same.

15. As far as I could tell the levers in the cave that are supposed to be pulled in sequence does not work. I followed the sequence on the parchment several times, even backwards, and nothing happens in either cave.

Suggestions:

1. Add an option to change between characters when bartering so you do not have to close the bartering box and dialogue to afford another character the option to trade.

2. When the inventory box is open, it is frustrating that the only way to switch between characters is that little arrow between the head shot avatar for each character. Clicking on the avatar on the left of the screen should also auto switch the inventory to that selected character.

3. The lead character, when all characters are running in a pattern, is so far ahead of the pack that most of the time when a battle is started the other characters lose an entire round just to catch up to the frontman's position. There should be an option to choose the distance that characters will run apart, or otherwise tighten them up a bit so the lead character is not so far ahead of the rest of the group.

Hope this helps. If most of this is already known, I apologize for wasting anyone's time who has read this post.

I enjoy this game immensely, and I feel a bit down that I have already completed the available content released in this current alpha build. Does anyone know what the time frame is for the full release? Or perhaps you could provide a link that is already available in the forums that may shed some light on that inquiry.

Thanks for your time!

O
stranger
stranger
O
Your third suggestion has been bothering me.

I'd like to have all characters that are "chained" to the character you've selected teleport to the selected character at the initiation of a fight. Or something similar.

It's annoying to have to keep an eye on the map for enemies and then slowly approach step by step to keep everyone all in range.

veteran
veteran
Good long list of stuff.

3. You mean the beach waypoint near the statues? That is just decoration and is not supposed to work. The ones in the Homestead are not supposed to be working either, except the Observatory and Hall of Heroes ones.

6. If you walk one step at a time, you won't fall on the ice. Trying to run across will make you have to roll a saving throw against falling.

13. Some quests may not have quest markers, but some definitely should.

15. That area is working properly. You just haven't figured it out yet. It's quite a tricky puzzle.

H
stranger
stranger
H
I would add my suggestion of AP-bar seperator.

More here:AP-bar seperator

B
B
This reminds me: how do I split stacks? Also, how can I remove markers?

I will admit I haven't been able to figure this out.

O
stranger
stranger
O
I haven't worked out how to remove markers either.

I had assumed right clicking on it, but nope. No combination of alt/ctrl/shift or LMB/MMB/RMB would get rid of it.

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Shift + left mouse to split stacks

R
stranger
stranger
R
Copying a scroll from inventory onto the hot bar over a permanent spell sometimes destroys a permanent spell. Perhaps a list of known skills or spells in a different place so that you can drag known skills/spells back to the hotbar when you need them again. Eventually you will have more skills/spells than can fit on the hotbar at one time, so there needs to be a way to swap them.

veteran
veteran
I think it's probably not gone. Press K to get a list of your known skills. From there, you should be able to drag any spell you know back to the skill bar.

Support
Support

Right clicking a custom map marker should delete it.

P
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
Originally Posted by Stabbey
Good long list of stuff.

6. If you walk one step at a time, you won't fall on the ice. Trying to run across will make you have to roll a saving throw against falling.

15. That area is working properly. You just haven't figured it out yet. It's quite a tricky puzzle.

I agree that walking over the stones does spare you from falling, but if you notice there is a roll to see if you slip when running, and every time you save roll fails, without fail. Also, when you are running out of combat, it is a bit frustrating, since your followers AI seemingly runs right into the ice despite your lead character running far around the ice. That goes back to my other statement that the followers run too far behind.

Can you PM me what I am missing with the statue quest, so it is not posted on the forum as a spoiler? Also, did you figure out the talking statues?

P
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
Originally Posted by Bittereinder
This reminds me: how do I split stacks? Also, how can I remove markers?

I will admit I haven't been able to figure this out.

Left Mouse click + Shift over the item, then drop the item onto an open space. It will prompt the split items box.

veteran
veteran
Your save against falling roll doesn't auto fail, I've seen lots of times when that's come up and it succeeds.

Link Copied to Clipboard