Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#482444 14/02/14 04:20 PM
Stabbey Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
New patch means a new Bug Report megathread is needed. I'll start:

- The Survivor Ability "Reflexes" is in character creation, but vanishes from the list once you start the game. It's still there, but you can't see it or put points into it. EDIT: According to the kickstarter update, it's been removed from inside the game, the bug is that it hasn't been removed from character creation, and items can still boost it.

- Minor Issue: I used Teleport to send Roddy to fetch an otherwise unreachable chest. That triggered an "Affinity/Affection" dialogue with Roddy complaining about being on the receiving end of friendly fire. Using Teleport on your comrades to reposition them is one of the intended uses of it. If possible, maybe exclude Teleport from the triggers for that dialogue.

- Graphical Oddity: At x176, y196, just north of the West Gate to Cyseal, the ground section is textured with wooden planks, and that does not look intentional.

- Animation Glitch: Something's wrong with the animation of Zombies. They appear to be moving oddly in one direction and then they appear elsewhere where they're actually going. This was in v114 as well.

- Animation Glitch?: Are the zombies supposed to be torsos, or are they supposed to be full-sized? Because I can only see half of them, the rest is in the ground. Especially notable when one vanishes while ducking an attack.

Last edited by Stabbey; 16/02/14 02:16 PM. Reason: correction
J
stranger
stranger
J
When I got a Level Up, spend the Atribute points...and klick ok....no Points been spend..and the counter goes to zero, also the Abilitie Points.

journeyman
journeyman
Bugs :

- We can't go through the door in the stonewall next to the first "teleporting ground"

- When pilling two boxes, when I destroy the one below, the other stay flotting

- Entering through the door with the girl in her bath make the same dialogue line as arriving from the pyramid ...
... Furthermore, the pyramid doesn't teleport my team ...

- Animation glitch (or my computer not powerful enough?) low FPS rate when wandering anywhere.

- Teleport spell, telekinesy and objects : when I try to take the crate on the floor with telekinesy, it doesn't work ... But I can teleport it (only near its position, below the bridge) and break it ... Revealing gold and shoes I can't take even with my telekinesy abilitie.

- Pathfinding bugs

Balancing issues :

- The "teleport" has problem with objects (mentioned over here)

D
stranger
stranger
D
- Rogue starts with more skill points than other classes in character select (although 3 have to go into lockpicking, sneaking, and lucky charm).

- Hammer price is listed wrong. It shows something like 120 gold and if you ask for that much the shopkeeper gets insulted. The real price is something around 10 gold.

- At one point one of my characters no longer could see anything when hovering over an item in the shopping screen. Reloading my saved game fixed this.

Stabbey Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
- I did something dumb that pretty much no one would accidentally do: I triggered one of the level 5 Zombie Boar groups, and I sent my heroes running away instead of using Flee. Scarlett went deliberately towards the undead group outside the robot cave, Roddy went along the walls of Cyseal heading for the east gate. Scarlett got herself killed fast, but now since the combat encounters were linked, the remaining enemies from outside the cave started heading for Roddy, even though no one had been anywhere near that group except for Scarlett.

- If you click on a person too far away to talk to, by default you walk just close enough to talk to them, but the distance at which you can trade with them is another step closer, so you have to move one more step to trade. Someone forgot to set those distances to be the same.

- When in the town square, the dialogue chat log has a lot of occurrences of Kelvania saying nothing ("Kelvania: ")

Originally Posted by DonkeyWorld
- Rogue starts with more skill points than other classes in character select (although 3 have to go into lockpicking, sneaking, and lucky charm).

That's not a bug, those extra points are because the default Rogue build starts out with three Talents that give +1 to Lockpick, Sneak and Lucky Charm.

Originally Posted by Grinsevent
Bugs :
- Entering through the door with the girl in her bath make the same dialogue line as arriving from the pyramid ...
... Furthermore, the pyramid doesn't teleport my team ...

If you only have the teleporter pyramid from the bath room, and haven't visited the Homestead, then it is intentional for that pyramid to not be working.

Last edited by Stabbey; 14/02/14 07:17 PM. Reason: kelvnaia
B
B
Picked up most of the quests in Cyseal and am about to head out into the wilderness. Things I've noticed so far:

- If you choose the wizard robe for your character model during character creation, your character's body will disappear:
[Linked Image]

This persists during the actual game as well.
- As mentioned by Grinsevent, there is an archway near the first portal that your characters can't go through for some reason:
[Linked Image]

- When you hover over skills that you don't have enough action points for, there is a red text that says 'not enough actionpoints'. I think 'action points' should be two words.
- Trade bug: the stacked item dialogue box(es) reappear(s) after finishing trade.
- Kelvania, the misandrist woman in the marketplace, is telling my female character to back off while talking normally to my male character. Note that I did not even change the default gender for either character during character creation.
- Character portraits sometimes flicker and disappear during co-op dialogue.
- Quickloading still terminates the patrolling routines of nearby NPCs.
- The charmed orc dies even if Marius misses his swing.
- Quest filter is still broken; you still have to manually de-select and select the checkbox if you want new completed quests to be filtered.
- Mayor Cecil still refers to his daughter as 'Vicotria' at one point during his tour of the library.
- Reginald still says 'hubub' instead of hubbub when you ask him to tell you how he acquired the talking skull.
- You can ask Arhu about Jake's corpse and he will be shocked that it was replaced by a sheep's even if you haven't found about that yet.
- Still encountering leveling shenanigans (possibly same bug as the one described by JJoschy): when I leveled up to level three, spent some ability points and clicked ok, everything reverted to the previous situation and I lost all my points. After reloading, I was back at level two and had exactly 1 xp left to go. I am beginning to suspect this bug is related to the Quick-Witted talent, but I'm not sure.
- I would like to be able to remove skills from the skill bar, and if this is already possible, it should be more obvious.
- Serious trade bug: sometimes the trade icon will completely cease to work during a conversation with an NPC, making it impossible to trade. Reloading fixes this.
- The waitress in the inn has 1084 gold on her, which seems a little much.
- When I asked Thelyron about the patients, he said they were 'both dead and needlessly so'. This makes no sense as I had saved Boris and in fact his next line correctly refers to this.
- Bug that has been reported before but that I am mentioning again since it has serious game-breaking potential: if you click inside a locked house from far away, you will be able to enter it since the door is unrendered at the point of clicking. A possible solution would be for doors to always be rendered.
- Bertia is hard to click; also, it's still impossible to solve her quest.
- You can ask Conrad 'What do you know about the Staff of Pergamon.', I feel like there should be a question mark there.
- After coming back from the Homestead for the first time, a pop-up will tell you the homestead button is on top of your minimap, but in fact it is now next to the skill bar.

Last edited by Bittereinder; 14/02/14 07:29 PM.
X
journeyman
journeyman
X
Esmeralda's shop doesn't work anymore.

edit: the thing that doesn't work is using the trading dialog after u attempt a steal. I also had a game crash trying to steal an item in the shop.

Last edited by xardas22; 15/02/14 11:10 AM.
S
S
Bug - Mechanics

Priority - Medium / High

I've managed to repeat 100% the bug in Cecil's council chambers through which he is perma-broken [mentioned for last build]. If you talk to him before Charlene comes down the stairs, and select "show library", Charlene's script breaks on the first instance of her coming down the stairs. She stands in place, wiggles, then returns upstairs when you get closer. Her conversation is broken, however you can 'restore' her by using a hireling to talk to her.

This breaks the conversation trigger for Cecil at the top of the stairs, permanently breaking him ~ 100% repeatable.

[Edit]

Playing around with this, I can confirm that the trigger only breaks if Charlene goes back up the stairs. Otherwise there's merely minor issues [black screen conversation, party split 50/50 on both levels, trigger works repeatedly however].

~

Bug - Content

Priority - Low

The item for pick lock scroll (??) has no description of any kind. It has the same icon as the lockpicking skill, however it is an item and unusable. [My lockpicking = 0, so will test further]

~

Bug - GUI

Priority - Low

Old one this, however you still cannot equip boots by dragging them onto the correct slot. Dragging them onto a random other slot (e.g. ring slot) equips them correctly.

~

Bug - Mechanics

Priority - Low

Trouble with chickens again. This time, if you click the chat bubble on the cook as you enter, this over-rides the pop-up dialogue / event option with a generic town NPC dialogue. From there forward, talking to the chef only gives this, meaning you cannot get the conversation / trait bonuses.

~

Originally Posted by xardas22

I've done everything I could think of to her & her shop, and it all seems to be functioning perfectly. She trades, items have criminal flags, quest items are present / lootable, XP exploration rewards trigger x1 etc. More details would help.

~

Bug - Mechanics

Priority - High

After slaying the orc for his brother's armor, a dialogue triggers with Jahan (re: power / morality). With both characters selecting the "good" option, Jahan states: "...our journey continue" and the conversation should end. However, At the bottom of the dialogue screen is: Jahan (end) but the dialogue window refuses to close.

Note: killing the orc gained us a level, this might be the trigger rather than the orc's death.

Requires a reload.

[Edit]

Once reloaded, this time there was a dialogue with Manora. Same issue, no dialogue ending. So, the bug is for both followers, triggered by the orc's death (this time - leveled elsewhere first to remove this as a possibility). Armor is nice though!

Note: The player can avoid either of these crashes by choosing the "Source hunters are bastards" dialogue options - conversations end properly if you are.

Choose to be "hardened source bastards" to solve this issue.

~

Bug - Content

Priority - Low

Orc armor has no skin. Nice stats, just no skin. Helmet is skinned.

~

Bug - Content

Priority - Low

It has been reported that hammers are valued at 120gp, but don't sell for that; on the other hand, sextants report that they're worth 120gp, and sell for that amount.

They're quite common in baskets!

Last edited by SteamUser; 15/02/14 01:51 AM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
- Can't sell an item with no name in game, its a hammer with these specs:

Rarity : Common
Price : 116 (dunno if barter change anything)
Description :A usefull object. And a weapon.

- When selling item in stack, after a succefull trade a window appear with the amount choice.

Last edited by Stigmath; 15/02/14 01:40 AM.
Stabbey Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by xardas22

It worked for me. Are you maybe running into the issue where you click on someone to talk, but have to run up first to get into range? The bug is that you can talk to someone from that distance, but can't trade with them unless you move closer.

1) Entering upstairs locations on the map adds a marker for that location on the upstairs location. That’s not particularly helpful.
2) I was unable to split a potion stack on the spot (you have to Shift + drag to an empty spot), I dragged seven potions over to Madora’s portrait and shift clicked them on her. She got only 3, but the combat log thought she got all 7.
3) Toxa and Sheba didn’t attack, even after reading the diary. That was supposed to trigger the fight, wasn’t it?
4) I saw a poisoned undead swordsman who was transparent green. I don’t think he should be see through because he’s poisoned. He might have been out of my line of sight, if that would explain it. EDIT: This happened with a Wet orc as well.
5)Madora’s Inspire spell includes “Constitution +0”. If it doesn’t boost Con, just leave it off?
6) An undead mage’s “Oozespray” spell put down the poison surface cone well before the dragon animation barfed it up.
7) The combat log reports that Roddy uses Dust Devil “on itself”, even if you click on an enemy.

Last edited by Stabbey; 15/02/14 03:33 PM. Reason: wet orc
B
B
Time for my second bug report. I'm really having a lot of fun, and I like the changes to the leveling interface and quicksaving in particular. Here are some more issues still remaining, at least from my point of view:

- It it still impossible to use apostrophes for player-made markers, even though the already existing ones have them.
- The Snorri quest does not seem to be fully implemented yet, he claims he is going to summon objects for you to lift, but as far as I can tell nothing gets triggered.
- It is unclear to me what the purpose is of the magic lock at the lighthouse, as you can sometimes still just walk through. It also seems to be floating in mid-air if you destroy the door, but I suppose it is magic.
- I like the affinity dialogues, even if they are very binary. However, is there a way to track the relationship between the two player characters? I couldn't find this.
- Ranged enemies are still mostly oblivious to obstacles.
- Portals sometimes only transport one character at a time, even with all the character portraits linked, and regardless of how close the other characters are.
- I have the impression that the more advanced water spells cost a bit too many AP, making water mages fairly useless for most of the alpha.
- The talent Leader of the Pack might be a bit overpowered, especially combined with maxed-out Way of the Warrior:
[Linked Image]

These AP stats made my warrior almost unstoppable.
- It should be more obvious that abilities are capped at 5, as it is currently very easy to waste ability points trying to increase it when it is already maxed out from gear.
- Loading during a game still gives you the message 'you will loose all unsaved progress' instead of 'you will lose all unsaved progress'.
- You should be able to switch between inventories and cast spells on party members by clicking on their portraits.
- Bellegar asked my male character to become his Bellegarette. Naturally, I said yes. In general, there seems to be some gender confusion in this build, as Kelvania also talked to my male character as if he were female, as I reported earlier.
- The first time I defeated Dietmar's gang, none of them dropped the Staff of Pergamon. After reloading it did work, even though I made exactly the same moves. Not sure what the cause is.
- Successfully making a saving throw still cancels out status effects incurred earlier from the same element.
- Both the first and the second group of Black Cultists still initiate conversation in the middle of combat.
- Animation glitch: sometimes after combat ends my warrior will have his fists out, even though he's supposed to be wielding a two-handed sword. The character seems to be sheathing his weapon but 'drawing' his fists, and the toggle is set to drawn weapon as well:
[Linked Image]

- Your characters can clip through carriages. Noticeable in this case because it was right in the middle of the corridor:
[Linked Image]

- If you move the camera from an elevated to a low-lying area and try to zoom in, your screen will get blurry:
[Linked Image]

You then need to click a character portrait to get back to the normal view.

S
S
Originally Posted by Bittereinder

- It is unclear to me what the purpose is of the magic lock at the lighthouse, as you can sometimes still just walk through. It also seems to be floating in mid-air if you destroy the door, but I suppose it is magic.

To confirm this, but to add something more annoying:

Bug - Mechanics

Priority - Medium

You can walk through the magical lock if the door has been destroyed (highly likely given the barrel placement), however, you can not walk back out through it once you've entered / left the basement.

Urk. Not so great to have to reload after that fight.

Note: on reloading the fight, if you spread the oil around but don't light it, once it disappears, it also removes the magical lock. Not sure that's intended.

~

Fight Mechanics / Balance:

The lighthouse horror fight has been heavily buffed, which is nice, but the teleport-hit-teleport stuff is waaaaay OP, especially since the fight is ~level 4/5. (It's also incredibly unfair/cheesy, but there I've no expectations that undead horrors play nice).

New players who've not min/maxed will get creamed by this, expect complaints.

Regarding loot tables: the loot seems to have been 'nerfed'*? I landed the last blow with a luck:5 character, and got a single green, x2 bones, 400-odd gp, a common spell book silence and an eye. Previously, I'd always seen 1-2 greens + a blue drop. Seems like it's using common chest tables(?)

Two blue items the second time around; RNG is random.

Last edited by SteamUser; 15/02/14 03:17 AM.
B
B
Originally Posted by SteamUser
You can walk through the magical lock if the door has been destroyed (highly likely given the barrel placement), however, you can not walk back out through it once you've entered / left the basement.

I actually think it has more to do with the destruction of the door itself, I encountered this problem in the previous version as well.

You can try it out for yourself: go to the upper floor of the inn, destroy one of the doors, briefly head back downstairs; when you go back up it will be impossible to go through the doorway.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

This bug is repeatable, or at least it has occurred for every door that I've tested. Fortunately, loading can solve it, but it should still be fixed or a lot of unsuspecting players will be annoyed if they happen to run into this issue.

Last edited by Bittereinder; 15/02/14 04:48 AM.
Stabbey Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by SteamUser

Fight Mechanics / Balance:

The lighthouse horror fight has been heavily buffed, which is nice, but the teleport-hit-teleport stuff is waaaaay OP, especially since the fight is ~level 4/5. (It's also incredibly unfair/cheesy, but there I've no expectations that undead horrors play nice).

New players who've not min/maxed will get creamed by this, expect complaints.

Speaking as someone who tried the fight in v143 and got creamed...

Perfect! Excellent! This is what a boss battle should be! I like it!

Before, that fight was really a joke, it sure isn't now. Please don't take this piece as me being hostile or dickish, I just want to offer a contrasting view:

I went in a level 4, basically unprepared with not much impressive equipment and only one new skill purchased (Rush), and I suffered 5 character deaths. Since I only had 3 Resurrection scrolls, that was problematic. both my warriors were down, and I had to use clever placement of ice patches to keep the Wolf Horrors slipping so they didn't destroy my mages.

I beat the fight, but at such a high cost (including purchasing two more Resurrect scrolls) that I reloaded anyway so I could go get more gear and spells and try again.

I just came back from my second go, and because I was more prepared, it went much better. (Only one death this time!)

It's a boss fight, the characters even comment "boy, there sure are a lot of bodies this way". It's for a couple side-quests. Yeah, new guys are gonna get creamed, and they're gonna complain. No one said this game was going to be easy (in fact, the opposite). It's an optional fight in an optional area. It's not hard to even reach level 5 before facing it. I don't think it's a bad thing to have fights that can be really dangerous, requiring caution and tactical thinking.

I don't think the boss's teleport attack move is unfair - the patch notes said that enemies have to play by the rules now, which means cooldowns and conserving AP if they want to use their killer spells. The boss only managed to cast that teleport attack twice in the long drawn-out fight I did. EDIT: Plus, the boss doesn't seem to have THAT great a chance to hit with his teleport attack. He misses or my characters dodge quite a bit.

Last edited by Stabbey; 15/02/14 12:55 PM. Reason: good chance of missing
stranger
stranger
Dialogue log

Played solo and it displayed the convo between npc and player. But once I played co-op the dialogue log was not updating anymore.

R
stranger
stranger
R
Co-Op New Game Bug

If your friend/host is at the character creation screen and you join the game, you take over the character in the creation room and can walk around. I then made it to a point where it said I was outside the Alpha zone and teleported me to the beginning of Cyseal where I was able to get to the Orc fight before the host even started the game.

The Orc was invincible bug the fight started, when he began the game it teleported me but we were in combat. After ending each of our turns the combat stopped.

Co-Op Disconnect Dialog bug?
If you lose connection to the host, a popup happens in "Windows" i.e. alt-tabbed out of the game with title "Connection Lost!" and text "Connection lost to server, returning to main menu" I expect it might be better to have this dialog happen inside the game client?

Fight/Combat Bug
This is still a problem and I'll explain the situation we just had.

We finished the Orc fight and straight after combat ended I hit one of the Legionnaires and combat did not flag, one ran to the bridge I followed straight after him and when he first arrived I hit him straight away but combat did not flag, friend hit another different Legionnaire and same thing combat did not flag almost like the script was broken?

Co-Op Dual Dialog Bug
The last answer that is selected does not get relayed to the other player. For instance you select a final answer but the other player does not see/know what you picked because dialog just finishes.

Trade Window Distance Bug
If you click on someone to start discussion it seems the distance to start conversation versus distance to open trade window are different I was able to converse with an NPC but could not click the trade window button, when I moved closer it worked.

NPC Dialog Bug
Inside Cyseal if you talk to the Citizen near the boat just before the docks it opens a dialog with a completely different NPC. This was reported in last patch but is still in this one.

Moving objects bug
Sometimes I accidentally move items when I go to open them i.e. barrels, which is not the issue for this topic bug sometimes I end up moving objects through walls? That is a bug.

Last edited by Rothgar; 15/02/14 09:18 AM.
- Serious trade bug: sometimes the trade icon will completely cease to work during a conversation with an NPC, making it impossible to trade. Reloading fixes this.

I find that simply exiting the dialogue and starting a new one will usually solve it. It isn't necessary to reload.

The lighthouse horror fight has been heavily buffed,

It might be due to random factors, but some of the fights/creatures elsewhere also seem to be more dangerous. The undead boars, for one, are hitting a lot harder this time through.

Last edited by NeutroniumDragon; 15/02/14 07:25 AM.
X
journeyman
journeyman
X
For me the option trade only pops up if I attempt to steal an item in the shop. But for me the trade doesn't work at all and the item I tried to 'steal' will disappear from the shop and nothing gets added to my inventory. Ok, seems like after 2x reloading she actually wants to trade.

Edit: Oh I JUST noticed the red trade option icon hahaha, I played through the whole alpha last time thinking Esmeralda was the only person I could trade with... :P I think that explains the bug I had.

Last edited by xardas22; 15/02/14 07:49 AM.
R
stranger
stranger
R
Bertia (most of my other noted bugs have been addressed above).

This is not a bug. Completing the quest is dependent on the sequence used to solve the murder. (Specifically, the dialogue with the Mortician)!

addict
addict
Edit: Oh I JUST noticed the red trade option icon hahaha, I played through the whole alpha last time thinking Esmeralda was the only person I could trade with... :P I think that explains the bug I had.

OMG, are you aware that some devs may have spent time, hopefully not too much, looking into your "bug" ?
Maybe a stupid waste of time and energy because you didn't read the trade tutorial :-(

Un chemin de 1000 lieues commence par un premier pas.

Project:
Steam workshop Frontiere
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard