Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#482448 14/02/14 04:31 PM
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Heya. Thanks for all the great and constant updates to the game + KS vids. wave

I wanted to know, is there a plan to increase the character movement speed, or combat animations? Or at least have it as an option?

I think that with this huge of a gameworld to explore, being a bit faster would make stuff flow better.

Last edited by Jack Dandy; 14/02/14 04:31 PM.
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
bump

stranger
stranger
I was curious about this as well. I'm loving everything about this game but do feel as though the characters feel sluggish when moving.

veteran
veteran
Honestly, I think the characters move along at a pretty good/realistic clip. I'd prefer to keep the current movement speed rather than see them sliding about and/or oddly sped up running animations.

Perhaps add more waypoints to teleport to? At least then the players have some control over how quickly they choose to get around.

Gyson #484267 12/03/14 05:03 PM
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Nah definitely not more waypoints.. I just want to explore the immediate area a bit faster.

journeyman
journeyman
mybe boots of speed or smt alike in higher levels could remedy that. I loved those when backtracking in BG1&2 and NWN.

Fanest #484276 12/03/14 07:42 PM
A
stranger
stranger
A
Originally Posted by Fanest
mybe boots of speed or smt alike in higher levels could remedy that. I loved those when backtracking in BG1&2 and NWN.

I like the sound of that. I might be wrong but doesn't dexterity say that it increases movement speed?

AFM324 #484278 12/03/14 07:46 PM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by AFM324
I like the sound of that. I might be wrong but doesn't dexterity say that it increases movement speed?

Uh no, SPEED increases Movement speed.

AFM324 #484282 12/03/14 07:57 PM
journeyman
journeyman
It affects how far per AP you can move in combat as well as initiative.

Speed, I mean. :P

Last edited by Otaku Hanzo; 12/03/14 07:58 PM.

"I may grow old but I will never grow up." ~ Mark Twain
A
stranger
stranger
A
Originally Posted by Otaku Hanzo
It affects how far per AP you can move in combat as well as initiative.

Speed, I mean. :P

I just checked the tooltip for Speed and it does say "affects movement speed" as well. I have no idea if it works though, you might need to be higher than level 6 to see a difference.

Last edited by AFM324; 12/03/14 10:31 PM.
AFM324 #484289 12/03/14 10:55 PM
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by AFM324
I have no idea if it works though, you might need to be higher than level 6 to see a difference.

Even at level 2 you'll notice a difference if you put your one point into Speed. Basically when in combat, look at the reading of how many meters you move per AP when re positioning your character. I always carefully examine each move so I can get the maximum coverage for less AP. Very very handy for bow users to be able to move and shoot.

"I may grow old but I will never grow up." ~ Mark Twain
A
stranger
stranger
A
I wouldn't say I feel the characters move sluggish. I feel maybe a toggle sprint ability would be a nice feature to add to make traveling a bit faster.

veteran
veteran
Right now when I have to walk a long way back across cleared areas, that's when I take out a Sudoku book and fill in a number or three.

H
stranger
stranger
H
i normally start reading a comic if i want to try something but needed to walk half way across the map.

the interesting part is, a half-bodied zombie moves faster than a my characters!

veteran
veteran
Adding points to the speed stat does increase how fast your character can move around the world. So, beyond recommending that as a solution or introducing items that specifically increase your travel speed, I get nervous with suggestions to make a blanket increase to the base movement speed for everyone.

Honestly, the characters in Divinity:OS move around the screen at a good speed already. I won't deny that running the same large distance repeatedly ("oh look, it's time for me to go visit NPC-X again..") gets old, but I would rather deal with that than have the characters on my screen blitzing around at highly unrealistic speeds. A base movement speed increase was performed through a recent patch in Marvel Heroes (an online ARPG) and I just hate how obviously "off" and silly the results look. And I can't get away from it - it's staring me in the face every time I move my character.

I realize not everyone has the same patience levels (to the extent that some people would just teleport everywhere if they could), so all I'm saying is that any solution to the speed complaint should preferably come in an optional form (like equipment with travel speed boosts).

Link Copied to Clipboard