Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
B
B
Started a new game with the latest build and got to level 3. First of all, I noticed some very important issues seemingly got fixed:

- Quickloading no longer interrupts NPC patrol routines.
- It is no longer possible to get inside locked houses by using the door rendering glitch.
- The quest filter is finally working correctly.

For a more minor fix, I also appreciate the fact that animals can no longer catch you stealing. Now, here are some issues still remaining from my point of view:

- It is still unclear to me what Bodybuilding does.
- There is still no way to track the relationship between the two main characters.
- The melee hit sounds are a bit loud compared to the other sound effects.
- After the fight with the Orcs on the starting beach, one of the legionnaires still starts berating an Orc corpse instead of running to Junius and Bibius.
- I cannot talk to Charlene, which means I cannot initiate her quest either.
- Your characters can still walk through carriages:
[Linked Image]

- There seems to be a graphical glitch with this bench near the warehouse:
[Linked Image]

- At one point, the little green plus sign didn't show up on my Survivor's character portrait even though she had skill points available.
- I equipped a sash with a bonus to Initiative and my total Initiative stayed the same, even though the bonus was shown under the tooltip. In general, a lot of items and skills still fail to affect your displayed total and/or the modifier list when they should.
- You can see Lighthouse flavor text if you're in Esmeralda's upper quarters, and there also appear to be sea-related sound effects if you scroll to the right:
[Linked Image]

- I still think the 'Smelly' adjective is a bit weird when it comes to the murder suspects' personal items.
- The secret button in Esmeralda's cellar is hard to see even if you know where it's hidden.
- The 'Evelyns Pouch' item name doesn't contain an apostrophe.
- General game design observation: putting points in your main weapon specialization makes very little difference compared to simply upgrading your weapon.
- Jehan is worthless, in the beginning at least.

Last edited by Bittereinder; 12/03/14 11:17 PM.
Stabbey Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
- Bodybuilding increases your saving throws to physical status effects like Bleeding and Cripple.
- Maybe I'm wrong, but it could be that you're not SUPPOSED to be able to track the relationship between the main characters. That would lead to metagaming, like "one more disagreement and I don't get the best ending".
- Jahan's tricky. I find that putting points into Intelligence and Speed are critical to improving him. You get a bonus on odd-numbered attribute levels.

Stabbey Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
It seems like the bug where ownership flags of items is set to "none" after loading a saved game might be back, because I'm sure that the stuff in the harbour warehouse, the market, and Esmerelda's place should be considered as owned.

Why does Teleport work so oddly? How come when you select a target for teleportation, you can only drop it in spots where the TARGET has a line of sight, not the caster? That seems strange and unintuitive, as if the teleport "works" by walking a straight line from where the target is to the destination. It's a teleport, it should let you place the target anywhere the caster has line of sight and range, shouldn't it?

And I can select a target which is 15m away, and drop it another 15m farther, but not 2m behind the caster.

If the caster stands on a corner and tried to teleport someone around a corner, it won't work, but if the target stands at the corner, the caster can teleport them to a spot which the caster can't see.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by Texoru; 13/03/14 05:56 AM.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by Texoru; 13/03/14 05:57 AM.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Divinity Original Sin Bugs list for v1.0.167.0 – 1.0.173

Small bugs:

- Trophy Unlocked message appear when loading the game

- Evelyn’s pouch still have a steal icon when hovering your mouse on it.

- When battle starts you must click to see your mouse cursor change to battle or to interact with the battle to start. (which is a bit annoying).

- Snorri quest still doesn’t work

- Graphical glitches on docks still

- Floating objects still not fixed (hopefully game supports physics for that)

- Still cannot interact with Sheba or Toka

- Phoenix Dive can still go pass through the “new improved” secret area pass the two portals.

- Some objects like cabinets has no description shows only a small box but still can be intractable and destroyed.

- NPC’s attachment in hands they are carrying aren't perfect (Example the two fishing guys)

- The Scimitar sword is still an OP sword against level 1-3 monsters. Level requirements should be added.

- Lockpicks should be merged items.

- Demons Wings fire particles still need tweaking.

- NPC’s aren’t facing each other when they are been talking too for example when the guard arresting Robert.

- Dying Orc did not drop their note as the placement of the note is misplaced.

[Linked Image]

Medium bugs:

- You still can loot outside of Evelyn’s two bookcases outside which is showing I’m opening a barrel.

- You will see enemy’s or players have not drawn their weapons on combat, when they aren't holding the weapon during combat. (It’s also an issue with co-op when not seeing their drawn out weapon in combat)

- NPC’s are still confused of players gender

- ZixZax not visible in the observatory

- When using any attack spells such as flames to attack any part of the area it will only attack the dead bodies of the dogs outside of the lighthouse (I think this bug only happens to those bodies only). Just tested more with this might be a serious issue, the attack spells thinks some of the enemys body are still alive and intractable. Their is a glitch with the body's not coded properly as it should not be intractable.

- There are still this serious issue with character doing an extra attack without actually causing damage or use any AP.

- Teleporting spell doesn't seem to work properly as it has no interactions or it does not show any indications where to teleport.

- Using fire on Ice surface should produce water and using Ice on fire surface should produce water as well. (This still hasn't been fixed perfectly).

- Zombies (head to stomach) might still need to be worked on as they appear to hit the character from a distance which doesn't look good at all

- Pendants cannot be placed on pedestals (To Full)

Crashes:

-Crashed with my Co-op partner when battle have ended in the black cove with the skeleton’s and Orc’s battle

-Random crash while walking around in Cyseal town with Co-op partner
(Both been sent to crash report)

Enemy AI behaviour bugs during combat:

- Mages seems they don’t do much as they only walking around or running away from battle

- Enemy archers still aren't smart enough as they tend to hit obstacles in the way for example on a slope, door, high stairs and so on.

- The thief of the staff tends to run away and not do anything.

- When activating the demons they tend to only kill each other

- Evelyn’s special attack (zombie spawning) she can use the spell through obstacles such as walls.

Game braking bugs:

- When you fired one of the companions (Madora) in the observatory you cannot go to the waypoint as it will say “One of the characters are in a dialogue and must wait when they are finished” (clearly it wasn't). You also cannot get out of the observatory as it shows an indicator but no interaction.

[Linked Image]

- When holding control, attack a random object or any character with an melee weapon, than cancel it by moving the character the action will still continue with the sound and still able to do damage on character or object.

- This serious bug hasn't been fixed yet, during in combat with one of your character you can open up their inventory list than ends it's turn the inventory screen will still be open and intractable for the player to use [Glitch that player can take advantage Off]

- Black Cove still have sounds issues where sounds don't play anymore or the music, must load the game for the sounds to work again. This also happens in the new tunnel under Cyseal.

Huge broken bugs during combat:

- When I made one of the character (melee) to be at front of the wizard, the enemy’s in melee still can attack through the melee character to get to the wizard.

- The characters with punches should be close within the characters radious postion, instead of using the one (two) - square space with melee weapons. It just made the punches from that far a bit un-tactical weird and not combat material.

- Enemy’s Charms ability attack or silence ability still can go through obstacles and hit the character.

- Enemies and players still not showing their drawn weapon out, they are attacking without anything on their hands (they still have the weapons attached to them)

- As mentioned before there are still this serious issue with character doing an extra attack without actually causing damage or use any AP.

Continuous bugs:

- Samson bug quest in the lighthouse (reunited with the victim), when entering down the hatch it will do the quest normally but when entering down the hatch again it will repeatedly open the dialogues of Samson and the victim getting constant affections skills.

Huge game braking bugs during Co-Op:

- In character creation the characters can be moved. (Though the character creation screen need to be polished which I know it isn’t done)

- When both players accessing the trade with an NPC both the players trade screen become each other’s trades screen and dragging one item to the slot will become many different of items. (This bug only happens when both are on trades screens with different NPC’s)

- This is a really huge bug with Jahan, when playing co-op during battle sometimes the skills, spells do not work it will show the animation but not doing anything or using any AP. There is also a problem leveling up Jahan his AP is very low and it’s difficult to level him up.

- When loading the game in co-op I have to dismiss one of the companion’s, so my co-op partner can go back and recruit the companion for them to control. There should be a dialogue to follow the other player or give one of the companion to your co-op partner. It gets really annoying doing this multiple of times when loading.

Dual Dialogue bugs issue:

- When the party has almost no health and when my co-op player heals me the markers appear and the dialogue started from me saying about me healing but the other character was the healer (co-op partner main character).

- Friendly fire dialogue, my co-op partner was the one that hit my character and it’s showing that I have caused the friendly fire.

- Sometimes they aren't facing each other when talking to each other.

Suggestions (must) to improve the game:

- Make indications of items you have recently picked up especially a different color indication for important quest items the player have recently picked up.

- Highlight items on the inventory screen that the player has recently picked up (it will be removed when player hover it or closing down the inventory screen). Items will not be highlighted again when finding a similar item.

- The items (one-square size) should be changed to actual size of the items, it’s really confusing going through allot of small different images and looking for a specific item, it’s also not user friendly.

- Make journals, notes, books have an indication that this item hasn't been read or been open.

- Crafting need a huge improvement as it doesn't introduce the player to use the crafting feature, there should be a crafting tool option on the ingredients list on the inventory screen. There also should be indications of what ingredients you have recently picked up for the player to open the crafting tool. The dragging into another item is not a great idea to introduce players. (This indication will appear only if your character has the crafting ability)

- To make combat more exciting add an option of close ups views attack (Final blow, summoning, using spells, etc..) like an example from X:COM, make the combat more immerse and exciting. Final blow attacks (new animations need to be added) will be allot of fun instead of seeing the same attack animations especially killing an enemy.

- Identifying Glass should have a short-cut key or somewhere in the Inventory UI to be placed for easy management to identify your items. This goes for repairing too.

Conclusion

Game is coming allot great and really happy to be in the early access, this is also my first time to support the developers by giving feedback, reports and suggestions. So hopefully this report helps allot and will continue to give feedback on next update, sorry about the multiple posts.

Thank you Larian Studio's (Swen) for the motivation you have given me to post this, I know this game will be a huge success!

Last edited by Texoru; 14/03/14 09:36 PM. Reason: Just added a game braking bug that still hasn't been fixed
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Is it just me, or did something change in the past release or two that makes selecting things with the mouse much harder? I often find clicking on enemies to be quite hit-and-miss now (I know I can also use their avatar at the top of the screen... if I can work out which one it is) and just spent ages trying to open one of the city gates as it seems that only a narrow, one-pixel-wide strip down one side was actually clickable. Sometimes I actually have to click on an area outside of the thing I want to select in order for it to work. Previously, this seemed to work much better.

J'aime le fromage.
old hand
old hand
Just in case anybody is still wondering - we are very appreciative of these reports & the effort it takes to post them in such detail . It gives us a very good feel for where we are and what still needs to be done. Quite a few of us start their morning routine with checking an excel file that combines both bug reports and suggestions written here and on other forums and while sometimes it feels like our job will never end, it at the same time also encourages because we know there's people out there that are doing this because they want to help us make a great game. So thank you once again!

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Vometia
Is it just me, or did something change in the past release or two that makes selecting things with the mouse much harder?

It's not just you. I also have a major problem grabbing items as well. I reported it and got a response telling me it would be fixed in the last hotfix. It wasn't and so I contacted them again and they responded again saying that there was a technical problem but they will get it weeded out for the next update. I really hope they do as I am unable to play because of this problem.

Well, I can play but it gets frustrating really quick so I'm patiently waiting the next patch and playing other games in the meantime.

@Lar_q: Already posted in another thread how much your response to the community is appreciated by myself. No worries here and thank you for being awesome.

Last edited by Otaku Hanzo; 13/03/14 08:21 AM.

"I may grow old but I will never grow up." ~ Mark Twain
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Otaku Hanzo
It's not just you. I also have a major problem grabbing items as well. I reported it and got a response telling me it would be fixed in the last hotfix. It wasn't and so I contacted them again and they responded again saying that there was a technical problem but they will get it weeded out for the next update. I really hope they do as I am unable to play because of this problem.

Well, I can play but it gets frustrating really quick so I'm patiently waiting the next patch and playing other games in the meantime.

I'm glad it's not just me and my imagination, then! Well, obviously not glad that other people are having problems, but you know what I mean.

Originally Posted by Otaku Hanzo
@Lar_q: Already posted in another thread how much your response to the community is appreciated by myself. No worries here and thank you for being awesome.

Seconded. In an industry where "live with it" is often the response, if any, Larian really stands out here. Once again I'm very impressed at the care and attention given to player feedback.

J'aime le fromage.
Thank you so much Swen and I know it's allot of fixing to do when you are still working on other parts of the maps and still adding new features to the game. It also did take allot of time to post but it was worth it as it's my first time to support a developers game. As I know and most others can tell this will be a great game that you created for us and want this game to be released with less or very few of bugs left to fix. Especially giving good suggestions to make the game more friendly for the users and to make sure the features of the game is properly introduced.

@Vometia

I forget to mentioned that, yes it seems a little difficult to interact with the enemy's AI especially when your character are near them or sometimes it's a little difficult to click on them when they are knocked down sometimes. I also don't like clicking on the enemy's portraits too as I have to manually look for them, though they might still working on that bar as it still confusing (should indicate or move the camera to the enemy when hovering on the enemy's portrait). I just realize you can click them then camera jumps to the character, it will only take a bit to find the AI you are looking for, so its not that big of a deal. Its just as you said sometimes there are issues when hovering mouse on enemy's.

@ Otaku Hanzo

I have no issues picking up items as I always use the alt key and click on the pop up. I might try to pick them up manually but still maybe they can improve the hovering on items much clearer with an proper outline of the item.

Edit: So I have tried to pick up the items manually and no issues at all, its manageable to pick them up by zooming in and out. Could be a problem with the resolution or game graphics issues. I don't know but as you said they find the problem within your saves, so its good news.

Last edited by Texoru; 13/03/14 10:27 AM.
Stabbey Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Texoru
- Still cannot interact with Sheba or Toka

They're not supposed to do anything, the choice is yours whether you force-attack them or leave them alone.

Suggestions (must) to improve the game:

- Make indications of items you have recently picked up especially a different color indication for important quest items the player have recently picked up.

- Highlight items on the inventory screen that the player has recently picked up (it will be removed when player hover it or closing down the inventory screen)

- The items (one-square size) should be changed to actual size of the items, it’s really confusing going through allot of small different images, it’s also not user friendly.

- Make journals, notes, books have an indication that this item hasn’t been read or been open.

- Crafting need a huge improvement as it doesn't introduce the player to use the crafting feature, there should be a tool option on the ingredients list on the inventory screen. There also should be indications of what ingredients you have recently picked up for the player to open the crafting tool. The dragging into another item is not a great idea to introduce players.

- To make combat more exciting add an option of close ups views attack (Final blow, summoning, etc..) like an example from X:COM, make the combat more immerse. Final blow attacks will be allot of fun instead of seeing the same attack animations especially killing an enemy.

- Identifying Glass should have a short-cut key or somewhere in the Inventory UI to be placed for easy management to identify your items. This goes for repairing too.

I can agree with all of this stuff, good suggestions.

L
apprentice
apprentice
L
- Found an invisible chest in the tunnels under the city. You can't interact with it directly but use a fireball to destroy it.

Look at the lower right corner.
[Linked Image]

- The explosion effect of the dying pyromancer skeleton hit my character even though i teleported it away. This only happened when i stood in a certain range to the skeleton before using teleport on it.

As you can see there is no fire surface anywhere.
[Linked Image]

The explosion effect duplicated itself.
[Linked Image]

- The Scarlet duplicate in the northern buried ground was, for whatever reason, burning when i entered the cave (was to slow to make a screenshot of the burning itself).

As you can see she already lost half of her health because of the burning.
[Linked Image]

- The hair under helmet bug reappears occasionally. And is the ridiculous size of the staffs intentionally?

[Linked Image]

- The two fighting legionnaires in the city seem to increase the pace of their fighting after a while up to a point where they hit each other nearly simultaneously making the sound in that area very annoying. I don't know if it's intended this way but at one point during the game they stopped using their swords and hit each other with their bare fists.

We hit each other so fast the combat text has to stack!
[Linked Image]

Let's brawl!
[Linked Image]

- Found skulls with 'different' descriptions.

Suddenly skulls everywhere!
[Linked Image]

This is 'also' a skull.
[Linked Image]

- Even though Scarlett has a skillpoint available her portait states otherwise. I don't know what lead to that bug but it happened pretty early in the game.

[Linked Image]

- The strongman quest seems kinda buggy. You can click on the tomb but that doesn't do anything. You can still remove the tomb cover by dragging it away and it disappears completely. But even if you do that the ghost doesn't appear always. Had to reload multiple times for him to trigger correctly.

- I know this is rather unimportant but you can't pick up that particular shell near the starting location. Considering that there is nothing else to do at the beginning of the game than picking up shells you start wondering why you can't pick up that specific one even though you found other shells of the same kind in that area and spend serveral minutes to adjust the camera to get that one think ouch

Last edited by Loadrunner; 13/03/14 02:05 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
I have no issues picking up items as I always use the alt key and click on the pop up. I might try to pick them up manually but still maybe they can improve the hovering on items much clearer with an proper outline of the item.

I have no problem picking up items save the occasional mishap with the mouse clicks registering wanting my character to move instead. But that is a bug that's been prevalent since the beginning of the alpha and reported numerous times.

No. The bug I'm referring to is new and only presented itself with the latest update. Interacting with objects (i.e. - levers, picking up things to move them, etc.) has become mind numbingly frustrating for me. When I go to do one of those things the mouse never grabs the object and instead makes my character run around it like an idiot. Very rarely I can get something but it requires split second timing on my part and it just ruins any fun I might get out of the game. The issue was reported and I was told other people have experienced this issue as well. But I was also told it will be fixed in the next update. Until then I am playing other games and surfing the forum to keep up with the community.

"I may grow old but I will never grow up." ~ Mark Twain
B
B
So, is anyone else unable to talk to Charlene? I vaguely remember someone posting about this bug before, wondering if it's permanent.

Stabbey Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
- When approaching the Undead Pyromaniac from the Well side also caused the encounter from the graveyard tunnel to trigger as well, even though approaching from the graveyard side didn't trigger the pyromancer, and sneaking from the well past the pyromancer to trigger the graveyard tunnel encounter didn't trigger the pyromancer either.

- The undead mage cast Fire Shield on one of his undead soldiers, (who was about to burn to death) which rendered him completely invulnerable until it wore off. Backstabs, two-handed sword blows, melee attacks from an Ice Elemental, Ice Shard, Teleport, Blitzbolt - his health was at nothing, but none of those attacks damaged him. The Ice shard did chill him, the blitzbolt stunned him, the teleport moved him, but he took no damage from any of that.

There was no "miss" or "evade" display, no "0 damage (50 absorbed)" thing, it just didn't seem to affect him at all.

S
S
Originally Posted by Bittereinder
So, is anyone else unable to talk to Charlene? I vaguely remember someone posting about this bug before, wondering if it's permanent.

She was 'fixable' in the previous build by using a NPC party member to talk to her, which triggered the generic "I will only speak to the real source hunters" rebuff, which then reset her dialogue script.

Try that (note: I'm waiting for the next build + content before testing more).

B
B
Played another session tonight. I'll start by reporting a fixed bug: they apparently fixed the glitch where the debris of a destroyed door could block your path under certain circumstances. Good! A lot of engine-related glitches got fixed in this build, and I'm happy to see that.

Here are some more bugs/suggestions I jotted down:

- The option to have different formations would be nice. It sometimes happens that my rearguard characters are so far behind that the fight is half over by the time they're able to join the fray (especially noted piece of crap Jehan). However, as I recall Larian is planning on including this anyway.
- Kelvania tends to have a lot of empty lines if you're near the marketplace and you look at your dialogue log. Additionally, her lines - especially the one about sheep's cheese and halibut - generally seem to pop in the log up a lot compared to other NPCs:
[Linked Image]

- An Undead Archer kept shooting my Survivor during its turn, despite the fact that she'd already been killed. In general, it seems that enemy units cannot switch targets in the middle of their turn, even when said target has died.
- The Strongman quest isn't implemented yet, but that's fairly clearly indicated. Just a note: one of the temporary flavor dialogue lines reads 'let me show you who it's done'.
- The ambush with the Undead Archers standing on a ridge north of Cyseal loses some of its effect due to the fact that the archers will keep shooting even when their path is blocked, which is most of the time:
[Linked Image]

- Sometimes when I use Battering Ram I end up inside an enemy, making it very hard or impossible to click that enemy again, unless I waste an AP moving away.
- One of the Tiny Twins' corpses exploded every time I resurfaced from the puzzle cave. In general, some death animations seem to get re-triggered every time you approach.
- You can get inside the puzzle chamber by using your teleport pyramids. As far as I can tell it's also impossible to see the pendants or the dagger if you try to place it on the pedestals, so I have no idea if the proper method actually works.
- The rest of the party suddenly refused to follow Roderick as I clicked the lighthouse area while being just inside the northwest Cyseal gate. I have no idea why, maybe the poison patch has something to do with it.
- Sometimes it's difficult to select certain objects (some crates, for example), in the sense that only specific areas of the objects can be highlighted. It is unclear to me why this is the case.
- The lighthouse skeleton seems to be comically big compared to both your characters and the ghost it used to belong to:
[Linked Image]

- The minimap doesn't work correctly in the graveyard tunnel:
[Linked Image]

Last edited by Bittereinder; 16/03/14 04:31 AM.
B
B
Originally Posted by Stabbey
- The undead mage cast Fire Shield on one of his undead soldiers, (who was about to burn to death) which rendered him completely invulnerable until it wore off. Backstabs, two-handed sword blows, melee attacks from an Ice Elemental, Ice Shard, Teleport, Blitzbolt - his health was at nothing, but none of those attacks damaged him. The Ice shard did chill him, the blitzbolt stunned him, the teleport moved him, but he took no damage from any of that.

There was no "miss" or "evade" display, no "0 damage (50 absorbed)" thing, it just didn't seem to affect him at all.

Wondering if there is some kind of connection between this and Loadrunner's report of the Scarlet doppleganger's burning animation. A combination of both might have happened to me, she lost all of her HP during my first turn, but she wouldn't die. Is it possible that she had Fire Shield casted on herself, which made her temporarily invincible?

Originally Posted by SteamUser
Originally Posted by Bittereinder

She was 'fixable' in the previous build by using a NPC party member to talk to her, which triggered the generic "I will only speak to the real source hunters" rebuff, which then reset her dialogue script.

Try that (note: I'm waiting for the next build + content before testing more).

Thanks, this worked. Quite an annoying bug.

Last edited by Bittereinder; 16/03/14 04:27 AM.
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard